PDA

View Full Version : I beat Allison Fisher

eg8r
11-12-2010, 09:26 AM
I don't post on this side very often so I never thought about telling the story on the Pool related side even though it makes more sense over here. /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif

Anyways, last week I went to Vegas for vacation and SEMA. I have been to SEMA before and expected much of the same, lots of awesome cars, hot models that know nothing about the cars and then gobs of people everywhere. As I was walking about the Convention Center we saw a Ford Mustang pool table. It piqued my curiousity so I went to check it out. Lo and behold there was a plaque on top that said Allison Fisher would be giving demo's. After looking at the time I noticed it was only minutes away so I started looking around for her. I walked up to her and started talking with her and explained how surprised I was to finally meet her and it is at a car show of all places. /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif She laughed and asked if I wanted to get beat by her in front of a bunch of people. I told her to "bring it on". I was going to wipe the table with her (apparently there is not much trash talking at the convention center and I found out why later) but that comment had her sponsors (pool table mfg) a little taken back. /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif

As I was told, usually she would do a bunch of trick shots then find someone to play. She would beat them, the crowd would cheer and everyone had a good time. The sponsors were not sure what was going to happen because she had already picked me. So when she walked to the table she gave me a cue and asked me to break the balls. I didn't exactly shoot very well and certainly did not wipe her off the table but a win is a win, right? /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif

After winning the first game the crowd was pretty darn quiet. I don't think they expected her to lose since she hadn't lost a game the entire week. I was a bit stunned but that did not deter my ego from accepting her challenge for a second game.

I don't like to dwell too much on the second game but rather I would like to bring to your attention that my career win percentage against Allison Fisher is .500. No pro has that kind of record. /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif

Here is the video (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mpBUjLWhsW8) of me winning. (who wants to see me lose, right?)

eg8r

Fran Crimi
11-12-2010, 10:19 AM
Hey Ed, 'twas greed that made you play that second game! You coulda quit at 1.000.

Nice going. Allison is always out to win, regardless of where she plays.

Nice to put a face to the name after all these years. You shoot very well.

P.S. I love that pool table!

pooltchr
11-12-2010, 10:42 AM
Nice job. How do you like your odds in a race to 9?

/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/grin.gif

Steve

Rich R.
11-12-2010, 12:43 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Fran Crimi</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Nice to put a face to the name after all these years. </div></div>
Hmmm, I always thought Ed was taller. /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/wink.gif /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/whistle.gif

If that table was a Chevy Camero, Allison would have won the first game.

eg8r
11-12-2010, 01:14 PM
I will have to just dwell on previous achievements. /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif I told you guys on the other board that I am not a gambler. /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif

eg8r

eg8r
11-12-2010, 01:19 PM
I definitely should have stopped at 1.000 but I suck at gambling and my ego was even tougher to fight. /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif

I really had a great time. I thought I was going to be super nervous but the banter back and forth with her prior to the match really settled me down. In my mind I won the US Open, in reality I just got lucky. /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif

The table was neat but I really did not like the height of the table. It seemed very high. I barely felt like I had to bend over to shoot. It would have been an absolute nightmare to have to shoot any shot where minimum strech was required because I would constantly be using the bridge (which I hate). In the second game Allison had to use the bridge and I commented about it and she even made mention to the height of the table. It definitely would not be a table you wanted to practice too much on.

eg8r

eg8r
11-12-2010, 01:20 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Hmmm, I always thought Ed was taller.</div></div>Nope just fat. /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif Darn camera!

eg8r

dg-in-centralpa
11-12-2010, 01:59 PM
Great job Ed! Did they have any of a corvette? I would be interested in one. Who makes these tables?

DG

eg8r
11-12-2010, 02:42 PM
No there weren't any Corvette tables. Their website is Mustang Pool Table (http://mustangepooltable.com/).

eg8r

wolfdancer
11-12-2010, 11:35 PM
a win is a win, but that duck combo kind of took away some of the glory. (Even I could have made that 2 out of 3 times) I was hoping that you out thunk her, showed her some moves she ain't never seen on the distaff tour
Still, if that were me that won...I'd be sending copies of the vid to the local TV stations.
A very personable Lady, I think she is a great asset to the Woman's Tour.
I played the other nite, my regular league nite. I missed exactly 1 shot, and went 1-3 for the night.
I ran the first table, missed a jacked up shot in the second game, then ran the last five, made the 8 and scratched in the side pocket. Never got to shoot in the other games as both guys ran the table after the break. The GD game just ain't fair for us old guys

eg8r
11-13-2010, 01:44 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">a win is a win, but that duck combo kind of took away some of the glory. (Even I could have made that 2 out of 3 times)</div></div>It is hard to hear on that video (I have another one from a different angle so I will check that one if I can get it), but after she went for the combo I jazzed her a bit about going for the 9 so early. You can hear her say, "yes I can, yes I can". /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif When it was my time to shoot at the 3 or 4 (cannot remember) I told her heck I am going to run them all out. After making the 4 she told me that I could not go after the 9 and to remember what I told her and I laughed and said, "well I am not that good so I am going to just shoot the combo". /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif

eg8r &lt;~~didn't want to lose to a girl /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/grin.gif

11-15-2010, 04:23 PM
So thats what you look like. You're "outted" now, pal.

Hey, if anything, I'll bet Allison was a surprised that someone there could play a lil...

Eric

eg8r
11-15-2010, 04:45 PM
Now people know my name and what I look like. Do I need to be worried. /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif

eg8r

pooltchr
11-16-2010, 07:07 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: eg8r</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Now people know my name and what I look like. Do I need to be worried. /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif

eg8r </div></div>

Worried? Probably not. But you probably killed any future action. Everybody is going to want the world from you now!

Steve

Rich R.
11-16-2010, 07:22 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: eg8r</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Now people know my name and what I look like. Do I need to be worried. /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif

eg8r </div></div>
You only have to worry if some one from the non-pool side is viewing this thread.
We are all non-violent on this side. /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/whistle.gif

eg8r
11-16-2010, 09:14 AM
LOL, you are right, I have no worries at all. /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif

eg8r

eg8r
11-16-2010, 09:15 AM
I will have to send this post to my wife. She did the video and I think that was her goal. She told me in the beginning, "no betting on pool". /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif

eg8r

Qtec
11-19-2010, 08:02 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">who wants to see me lose, right? </div></div>

I was rooting for you all the way! /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif

Well done Ed. Although I must say you were lucky not to snooker yourself on the first shot and I would have made that combo via 3 cushions, but that's just me. /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/grin.gif

You do realise this was your 15 minutes?

Qtec......LOL

Qtec
11-19-2010, 08:04 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Rich R.</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: eg8r</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Now people know my name and what I look like. Do I need to be worried. /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif

eg8r </div></div>
You only have to worry if some one from the non-pool side is viewing this thread.
We are all non-violent on this side. /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/whistle.gif </div></div>

So everyone who posts on the other side is violent? Thanks Rich.

Q

jjinfla
11-19-2010, 01:11 PM
I liked Allison's first shot. She makes that draw look so easy. For me it is impossible.

Okay Ed, now show us the second game.

eg8r
11-19-2010, 05:43 PM
I never had a chance of getting snookered (I can say that since it didn't happen /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif ). My 15 minutes are already gone? That sucks.

eg8r

eg8r
11-19-2010, 05:47 PM
She does make that draw shot look effortless. You can hear my brother in the video talking about her draw shot but then again he has trouble with draw. I was just worried she would get the 3-5-9 combo but she shot it as a carom 3 then the rail into the 5-9 and never hit the 5. I thought she would have been able to hit the 3 into the 5 but I guess not.

I can tell you about the second game...it went a little like this. I broke and made a ball. I shot the one poorly and she ran out. No reason to see her run out since it was just as mundane as all her other million runouts. /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif

eg8r

LWW
12-04-2010, 05:58 PM
Congrats my friend.

LWW

eg8r
12-06-2010, 10:32 AM
Thanks.

eg8r