PDA

View Full Version : Pedophile author protected by police

Deeman3
11-13-2010, 10:05 AM
<span style="color: #FF0000"> I know, I know, he was born that way. Some stuff should no be allowed to be published no matter how much a petophile basher I am called. Disgusting!</span>

DENVER Police are investigating whether the author of a guide for pedophiles did anything illegal even as they try to protect him from a threat posted on a local website.

Phillip Ray Greaves II of Pueblo has drawn national attention because his self-published book, which had been for sale on Amazon until this week, offers advice to pedophiles on how to make a sexual encounter with a child as safe as possible.

Pueblo police heard news reports about the book and went to Greaves' home Thursday morning to interview him. Pueblo Detective Dustin Taylor described Greaves as cooperative and said he gave detectives a copy of the book when they asked for one.

"He was just a normal man. He didn't seem unnerved by us being there," Taylor said.

Police told Greaves that he'd been threatened on a local website and that they would monitor his home for his safety. Taylor said the author didn't seem fearful. Police would not elaborate on the threat, and the message was removed from the website, Taylor said.

Gayle in MD
11-13-2010, 11:26 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Deeman3</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> <span style="color: #FF0000"> I know, I know, he was born that way. Some stuff should no be allowed to be published no matter how much a petophile basher I am called. Disgusting!</span>

DENVER Police are investigating whether the author of a guide for pedophiles did anything illegal even as they try to protect him from a threat posted on a local website.

Phillip Ray Greaves II of Pueblo has drawn national attention because his self-published book, which had been for sale on Amazon until this week, offers advice to pedophiles on how to make a sexual encounter with a child as safe as possible.

Pueblo police heard news reports about the book and went to Greaves' home Thursday morning to interview him. Pueblo Detective Dustin Taylor described Greaves as cooperative and said he gave detectives a copy of the book when they asked for one.

"He was just a normal man. He didn't seem unnerved by us being there," Taylor said.

Police told Greaves that he'd been threatened on a local website and that they would monitor his home for his safety. Taylor said the author didn't seem fearful. Police would not elaborate on the threat, and the message was removed from the website, Taylor said.
</div></div>

<span style="color: #CC0000"> I know you are aiming your own written words at me, Deeman, but I have never supported Pedophiles.

I have simply tried to educate you on the subject, and make you realize, that there is no link between homosexuality, and pedophilia. They are two entirely unrelated issues, and Sexual benaviors.

I'd appreciate it if you would stop misrepresenting my posting history.

I have only spoken out against some of your hateful ricidule of the Gay and Lesbian community, and your many homophobic COMMENTS, which you think are cute, but which I believe contribute to the same violent, hateful rhetoric, aimed at the Gay Population. I believe is has been proven, that a society's views against Gays, contribute to more people being murder, drug behind trucks, harrassed in their schools, all of which contributes to more homophobic attacks, Gay suicides, tormented children, and other strife, for these people, which we have seen for decades.

Here again, you are conflating my reactions to some of your posts, portrying two netirely different phenomenons, two completely different Sexual preferences, and the same thing,...suggesting the idea that I would seek to defend anything like pedophilia, as you misconstrue my history of statements, on this subject.

I have commented on your many cutsey little attacks, and insults, which you absolutely HAVE aimed at Gays and Lesbian people, with such posts titled, "Don't Ass Don't Tell" And insult to every Gay or Lesbian person, serving in the Military, or resting in their graves.

Not at all funny to me, nasty attacks, of which you insist your so called Gay friends would approve.

An absurd statement IMO.

I have tried to provide you with the scientific, and psychological definition of HOMOPHOBIA, and the science behind the belief that Gay People are born Gay!

I have written numerous times, that IMO, any adult, who harms children, in any way, should be jailed for life.

And also I've provided you with many links to both religious and scientific analysis which proves that there is no link between Homosexuality, and Pedofilia. Numerous Gene studies, which prove that Homosexuality, is not a choice, but a genetic occurance.

Please don't aim such statements at me in the future.

I do know the difference between Pedophilia, and Homosexuality, apparently, you still do not get it, or you prefer to be able to justify you many, many homophobic posts, on the subject.

Thanks,

G.

</span>

LWW
11-13-2010, 04:43 PM
Perhaps you haven't supported pedophiles ... but pedophiles have supported the democrooks for quite some time. I can remember back to NAMBLA being a Clinton backer up through boy buggerer Eddie Long backing dear leader and a slew of other democrooks.

LWW

pooltchr
11-13-2010, 06:59 PM
DeeMan, I can't support you on this one.
As disgusting as we may find the subject matter of the book, the right to freedom of speech must prevail.
Just as we allow flag burners to do their thing, no matter how we feel about it, I think censorship poses a far greater threat.

Now, I would have no problem allowing his picture to be published and plastered all over playgrounds throughout the country. I understand that his kind can be quite "accident prone".

Steve

sack316
11-13-2010, 07:03 PM
I agree Steve.

Freedom of speech allows him to write this book. Of course, it's up to the sellers to determine if they want their company names to be associated with it.

And the same freedom will allow us to write articles and include the man's name and picture. Maybe even an address to which we should send "fan mail" **cough cough**.

The rest is just nature taking its course /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/wink.gif

We could always publish our own book "The people's guide to hunting down pedophiles"

Sack

Deeman3
11-13-2010, 07:31 PM
Well, I don't mind disagreement over any subject. You may have a point, if it had photos itbwould, of course, be illegal.

my initial reaction was probably more of a disgust over instructions to do this type of thing. At least it could give police a hint of the perps who buy it.

However, NAMBLA has already called for them to have same rights as other groups.

LWW
11-14-2010, 04:15 AM
Actually the COTUS by original intent ... I know, the far left despises that concept ... was designed to protect political speech.

The idea that a citizen could print and distribute volumes on how to be a successful pedophile and enjoy legal would have laughed at by the founders.

LWW

pooltchr
11-14-2010, 08:23 AM
And yet, we allow people to publish detailed instructions on bomb making.

I agree with DeeMan that the subject is disgusting, and the author is pretty sick, but if we stop this, then where do we draw the line? How do we protect free speech if we pick and choose which topics are ok and which should be censored? Who gets to decide who's sensibilities can be offended and who's can't?

Is it ok to write a book telling people how to enter our country illegally? Is it ok to write a book on how to hunt them down? Can I write a book on how to build a still, or grow marijuana?

Steve

LWW
11-14-2010, 10:03 AM
In Obamaville you can do all of that.

What you can't do is speak out against dear leader ... at least not without th purple shirts and O-cultists attacking you.

LWW

eg8r
11-14-2010, 03:23 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I know you are aiming your own written words at me, Deeman, but I have never supported Pedophiles.

</div></div>You don't support the idea they are born that way?

eg8r

Deeman3
11-14-2010, 03:49 PM
/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif

Careful or you could be called a Petophobe.

Gayle in MD
11-15-2010, 09:49 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: eg8r</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I know you are aiming your own written words at me, Deeman, but I have never supported Pedophiles.

</div></div>You don't support the idea they are born that way?

eg8r </div></div>

I support the idea that they're sickos, but I've never seen any studies on their genes or brainwaves, in particular,...although, in the case of rapists, pedophiles, serial murderers, sociopathics, there are brain studies, which prove that violent people have brain waves different from normal people.

Regardless, if we locked up the violent people, who hurt other people, and kept them locked up, instead of arresting people for carrying a damn joint in their pockets, we'd have a much safer society, IMO.

If I had my way, if a person hurt a child, in any way, raped a women, or tortured a person, or an animal, they'd either be locked up permanently, or get the death penalty.

In the case of the subject of the thread, this mann should be convicted of being an accessory to crimes, as should Glen Beck, whose rehtoric, has been linked to atleat three murders, that I know of....

G.

Deeman3
11-15-2010, 09:53 AM
Except for the obvious Glenn Beck reference, I pretty much agree with this.

We keep turing them loose and are surprised when they hurt other kids. /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/frown.gif

Gayle in MD
11-15-2010, 10:07 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Deeman3</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Except for the obvious Glenn Beck reference, I pretty much agree with this.

We keep turing them loose and are surprised when they hurt other kids. /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/frown.gif </div></div>

It's disgusting. THAT is the only kind of thing that does, really make me angry.

eg8r
11-15-2010, 10:20 AM
So in your mind, if you agree with the sexual perversion they they are born that way but if you don't then they can't possibly be born that way?

eg8r

Gayle in MD
11-15-2010, 10:28 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: eg8r</div><div class="ubbcode-body">So in your mind, if you agree with the sexual perversion they they are born that way but if you don't then they can't possibly be born that way?

eg8r </div></div>

Your sentence is rather skewed, but if you are tring to compare homosexuality, with pedophelia, there is no comparison.

There is nothing in scientific findings, which indicates a connection between homosexuality, and pedophilia, Ed, or with any other violent crime, that hurts other people.

Homosexuals are born that way, and science has proven that.

I do not equate homosexuality, with violence against another person, nor does science. The Catholic Priests, for example, are considered pedophiles, not homosexuals.
phenomenon.

G.
Pedophilia is a different urge, altogether, coming from a different psychological problem.

G.

sack316
11-15-2010, 10:58 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Gayle in MD</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: eg8r</div><div class="ubbcode-body">So in your mind, if you agree with the sexual perversion they they are born that way but if you don't then they can't possibly be born that way?

eg8r </div></div>

Your sentence is rather skewed, but if you are tring to compare homosexuality, with pedophelia, there is no comparison.

There is nothing in scientific findings, which indicates a connection between homosexuality, and pedophilia, Ed, or with any other violent crime, that hurts other people.

</div></div>

It depends on perspective, really. Science has shown that Orientation is not a choice. Understandably, nobody with credibility will be willing to study pedophilia under the same process... it's just too controversial and unacceptable. But go back several years and we'd find homosexuality and even interracial relationships placed in nearly the same category, as far as society goes.

Eventually the question will become "is pedophilia about orientation/attraction or power/control". If it is the former, physiologically it is no different than any other sexual orientation. If it is the latter, it is no different than rape or other violent offenses. Right now we accept it as the latter. But it wouldn't shock me if one day attempts would be made to make a case the other way /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/frown.gif

Sack

eg8r
11-15-2010, 11:21 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">There is nothing in scientific findings, which indicates a connection between homosexuality, and pedophilia, Ed, or with any other violent crime, that hurts other people.

</div></div>Why do you keep doing this? I am not comparing the perversions at all. I am simply asking if you believe a pedophile is born that way or not.

eg8r

Stretch
11-15-2010, 11:23 AM
The lesson here is that if you want to write, publish and distribute 'how to' literature on aberrant behaviour go to the States. St.

eg8r
11-15-2010, 11:25 AM
Well, you don't want to do it in the Netherlands. You saw how they treat their cartoonists.

eg8r

sack316
11-15-2010, 11:29 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Stretch</div><div class="ubbcode-body">The lesson here is that if you want to write, publish and distribute 'how to' literature on aberrant behaviour go to the States. St. </div></div>

The double edged sword in the idea of "freedom". One must take the good and the bad... and the hope is the good from it will be greater than the bad.

Of course yes, if you want to write about it, go to the states. If you want to act on it with little or no punishment, go to Canada
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Pedophiles in Canada are treated mildly by our criminal justice system. Jail sentences are minimal, if at all. Even though society views this as one of the most horrific crimes that a human can commit against another, there remains the most important question: What can be done? A pedophile is someone who exhibits a long term sexual attraction to children. This is a sexual preference that cannot be cured, only controlled. Yet as a society, we cannot force offenders to seek therapy, and

must often sit and wait until the offender strikes again. While police and community groups in Canada are working to protect children as best they can, there remains a sense of frustration. In a country such as Canada, where laws are made to protect people from crime, it seems that pedophiles are being ignored, often treated to very limited punishment. Canada needs to catch up to the rest of the world and treat these offenders as they deserved to be treated: with harsh penalties and treatment to assure that no additional children will be violated. </div></div>

http://www.victimsofviolence.on.ca/rev2/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=355&Itemid=45

Sack

Gayle in MD
11-15-2010, 11:33 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: sack316</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Gayle in MD</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: eg8r</div><div class="ubbcode-body">So in your mind, if you agree with the sexual perversion they they are born that way but if you don't then they can't possibly be born that way?

eg8r </div></div>

</div></div>

It depends on perspective, really. Science has shown that Orientation is not a choice. Understandably, nobody with credibility will be willing to study pedophilia under the same process... it's just too controversial and unacceptable. But go back several years and we'd find homosexuality and even interracial relationships placed in nearly the same category, as far as society goes.

Eventually the question will become "is pedophilia about orientation/attraction or power/control". If it is the former, physiologically it is no different than any other sexual orientation. If it is the latter, it is no different than rape or other violent offenses. Right now we accept it as the latter. But it wouldn't shock me if one day attempts would be made to make a case the other way /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/frown.gif

Sack </div></div>

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> nobody with credibility will be willing to study pedophilia under the same process... it's just too controversial and unacceptable.

</div></div>

Sack, there have been studies, which do have done just that.

I've posted the findings of some of them here before.

(check out the archives, you'll find them there...)

The issue of power and control, and violence, all linked to serial rapists, pedohiles, and wife abusers, but no proof of any of it being any more likely in homosexual men, than heterosexual men.

Most of the psychology I have studied, address deep rooted issues of insecurity, being formerly abused, themselves as children, personality defects, similar to those of psychopaths, the inability to feel empathy, but according to everything I've read on the subject, there is no scientific or psychological link between homosexuality, and these other, quite different, acts of violence, abuse, or murder.

When people are born with the gene which makes them attracted to the same sex, instead of the opposite sex, that does not mean that they will lean toward pedophilia.

G.

sack316
11-15-2010, 11:36 AM
G, nobody is trying to connect homosexuality with pedophilia in this discussion

Sack

Gayle in MD
11-15-2010, 11:41 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: eg8r</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">There is nothing in scientific findings, which indicates a connection between homosexuality, and pedophilia, Ed, or with any other violent crime, that hurts other people.

</div></div>Why do you keep doing this? I am not comparing the perversions at all. I am simply asking if you believe a pedophile is born that way or not.

eg8r </div></div>

I have not studied that specific question, and also, there is a range of pedophilia activitiy, some of which does not include violence, in the general sensem although any tie anyone forces sex on someone else, it is considered violent.

Often pedophiles win over the trust of children, for example, and are able to coerce, and manipulate, without actuall hitting, still a violent act, in the psychological sense.

G.

Gayle in MD
11-15-2010, 11:45 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: sack316</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Stretch</div><div class="ubbcode-body">The lesson here is that if you want to write, publish and distribute 'how to' literature on aberrant behaviour go to the States. St. </div></div>

The double edged sword in the idea of "freedom". One must take the good and the bad... and the hope is the good from it will be greater than the bad.

Of course yes, if you want to write about it, go to the states. If you want to act on it with little or no punishment, go to Canada
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Pedophiles in Canada are treated mildly by our criminal justice system. Jail sentences are minimal, if at all. Even though society views this as one of the most horrific crimes that a human can commit against another, there remains the most important question: What can be done? A pedophile is someone who exhibits a long term sexual attraction to children. This is a sexual preference that cannot be cured, only controlled. Yet as a society, we cannot force offenders to seek therapy, and

must often sit and wait until the offender strikes again. While police and community groups in Canada are working to protect children as best they can, there remains a sense of frustration. In a country such as Canada, where laws are made to protect people from crime, it seems that pedophiles are being ignored, often treated to very limited punishment. Canada needs to catch up to the rest of the world and treat these offenders as they deserved to be treated: with harsh penalties and treatment to assure that no additional children will be violated. </div></div>

http://www.victimsofviolence.on.ca/rev2/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=355&Itemid=45

Sack </div></div>

I doubt you could find a country with any worse record of protecting pedophiles, than our own, given the vast number of priests that were protected by our own society, and the Vatican, through history....and got away with it completely...

Also, it is thought that around the world, many of those child abusers, protected by the Vatican, still, have never been exposed.

G.

Gayle in MD
11-15-2010, 11:52 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: eg8r</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">There is nothing in scientific findings, which indicates a connection between homosexuality, and pedophilia, Ed, or with any other violent crime, that hurts other people.

eg8r </div></div>

Why do you write unclear sentences such as this:

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">So in your mind, if you agree with the sexual perversion they they are born that way but if you don't then they can't possibly be born that way?

eg8r

</div></div>

I never said I agreed that any sexual preversion was a situation where people are born that way, I stated, that homosexuality, is not a perversion, it is a phenmenon of nature, in both human beings, and in the animal kingdom.

The subject of pedophilia, annd homosexuality, are two entirely different phenomenons.

How much more clear do you need it to be?

G.

eg8r
11-15-2010, 01:06 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Why do you write unclear sentences such as this:

</div></div>Then...<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">How much more clear do you need it to be?

</div></div>I believe you are the only one with clarity issues.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">The subject of pedophilia, annd homosexuality, are two entirely different phenomenons.

</div></div>Yep but it is pretty simple...A guy likes guys, and a guy likes kids. Both are perverted and neither are born that way. It is a choice of both.

eg8r

Gayle in MD
11-15-2010, 01:14 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: eg8r</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Why do you write unclear sentences such as this:

</div></div>Then...<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">How much more clear do you need it to be?

</div></div>I believe you are the only one with clarity issues.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">The subject of pedophilia, annd homosexuality, are two entirely different phenomenons.

</div></div>Yep but it is pretty simple...A guy likes guys, and a guy likes kids. Both are perverted and neither are born that way. It is a choice of both.

eg8r </div></div>
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> How much more clear do you need it to be?

</div></div>
If you can't understand this sentence above, then it isn't because of the writing, it's you reading ability.

Also, your statement, is not true, and science has proven that homosexuality, is not a choice.

You're decision to declare that Homosexuality is a perversion, is not supported by Science, it is the natural experience of sexuality, and desire, by those who happened to get that gene.

G.

eg8r
11-15-2010, 01:19 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">If you can't understand this sentence above, then it isn't because of the writing, it's you reading ability.

</div></div>You brought it up, I even quoted your comments.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Also, your statement, is not true, and science has proven that homosexuality, is not a choice.

</div></div>Whatever makes you sleep at night.

eg8r

Gayle in MD
11-15-2010, 01:31 PM
I posted my sentence, and yours, yours was clearly not specific, and not clear.

Mine, surely should not have been confusing to you, unless, you can't read.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">How much more clear do you need it to be?

</div></div>

As for sleeping at night, my statements are supported by science.

Your statement, OTOH, that homosexuality is a choice, is not true, science has proven it is not a choice. People are born homosexual.

G.