PDA

View Full Version : Should Cantor be charged with treason?

Qtec
11-14-2010, 05:17 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">NEW YORK -- Rep. Eric Cantor (R-Va.) told Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu on Wednesday during a meeting in New York that the new GOP majority in the House will "serve as a check" on the Obama administration, a statement unusual for its blunt disagreement with U.S. policy delivered directly to a foreign leader.

"Eric stressed that the new Republican majority will serve as a check on the Administration and what has been, up until this point, one party rule in Washington," read a statement from Cantor's office on the one-on-one meeting. "He made clear that the Republican majority understands the special relationship between Israel and the United States, and that the security of each nation is reliant upon the other."

Cantor also took issue with Obama administration policies in other areas, including Iran, with the statement from his office saying the congressman "believes that it is time for the administration to fully and aggressively implement the Iran Sanctions Act passed by Congress earlier this year."

Ron Kampeas from the Jewish Telegraphic Agency news agency found Cantor's comments extremely surprising, writing, <span style='font-size: 20pt'>"I can't remember an opposition leader telling a foreign leader, in a personal meeting, that he would side, as a policy, with that leader <u>against the president.</u></span> Certainly, in statements on one specific issue or another -- building in Jerusalem, or somesuch -- lawmakers have taken the sides of other nations. But to have-a-face to face and say, in general, <span style='font-size: 26pt'>we will take your side <u>against the White House</u> -- that sounds to me extraordinary."</span> </div></div>

link (http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2010/11/12/eric-cantor-benjamin-netanyahu-israel_n_782738.html)

Q

Gayle in MD
11-14-2010, 06:51 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Qtec</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> <div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">NEW YORK -- Rep. Eric Cantor (R-Va.) told Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu on Wednesday during a meeting in New York that the new GOP majority in the House will "serve as a check" on the Obama administration, a statement unusual for its blunt disagreement with U.S. policy delivered directly to a foreign leader.

"Eric stressed that the new Republican majority will serve as a check on the Administration and what has been, up until this point, one party rule in Washington," read a statement from Cantor's office on the one-on-one meeting. "He made clear that the Republican majority understands the special relationship between Israel and the United States, and that the security of each nation is reliant upon the other."

Cantor also took issue with Obama administration policies in other areas, including Iran, with the statement from his office saying the congressman "believes that it is time for the administration to fully and aggressively implement the Iran Sanctions Act passed by Congress earlier this year."

Ron Kampeas from the Jewish Telegraphic Agency news agency found Cantor's comments extremely surprising, writing, <span style='font-size: 20pt'>"I can't remember an opposition leader telling a foreign leader, in a personal meeting, that he would side, as a policy, with that leader <u>against the president.</u></span> Certainly, in statements on one specific issue or another -- building in Jerusalem, or somesuch -- lawmakers have taken the sides of other nations. But to have-a-face to face and say, in general, <span style='font-size: 26pt'>we will take your side <u>against the White House</u> -- that sounds to me extraordinary."</span> </div></div>

link (http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2010/11/12/eric-cantor-benjamin-netanyahu-israel_n_782738.html)

Q </div></div>

Never liked Cantor, or his perpetual smirk.

Republicans bashed Pelosi, just for visiting another country, even though she did not say, or do anything to weaken Bush's policies, during her trip.

This man has broken the law, clearly, and should stand trial, for treason, but as we have seen many times, Republicans are allowed to commit treason, and often do, and never are forced to pay for their illegal bahavior.

It's time for Americans to wake up. Israel takes our money, then thumbs their collective noses at us when we ask for their cooperation, in the interest of peace.

It's long past time to unload them. Blind support for their greed and inhumanity, had lodged us in the midst of conflict in the Middle East.

They take, take and take, more, more and more, from The Palestinians, treat them inhumanely, after clearly being set up by the West, as occupiers, taking their land, blocking medicine, food, and water, a long history of breaking the agreements which were in place, when they were installed on what was then, Palestinian Land. But regardless of how much they take, it's never enough to assuage their greed.

We don't need Israel, and our relationship with them, is far too costly, and not actually in our interests, at all. We give, give and give, and they flip us the bird, when we ask for simple cooperation in the interest of peace.

Let them protect themselves.

Wouldn't you think that a people, formerly victims of inhumane abuse, and genocide, themselves, would conduct themselves with more rational, humane ethics, and a willingness to work for peace with their neighbors???

I've been fed up with them for some time....and Cantor's remarks, and behavior, are another good example of the unbalanced Jewish power here, which works against our own best interets in our foreign AND Domestic, affairs.

Israel, will be our demise, long before al Qaeda is.

G.

eg8r
11-14-2010, 03:19 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">"I can't remember an opposition leader telling a foreign leader, in a personal meeting, that he would side, as a policy, with that leader against the president. </div></div>If you are going to post this BS, don't you think it would be sensible for you to provide proof that Cantor said those words?

eg8r

Deeman3
11-14-2010, 04:18 PM
I hope he did say these words. Someone has to help assure the Jews they will not, once again, be abandoned to the Arabs or others allowing for their destruction.

If Iran is allowed to develop a nuke and destroy Israel, we will make "friends" of people who will, once destroying theJews, turn more of their attention to us, the Other Great Satan.

pooltchr
11-14-2010, 04:24 PM
If he did say it, then, more power to him!
Gayle seems to think every Republican is guilty of treason.
Has she found another nut to join her?

Qtec
11-14-2010, 09:19 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">"Eric stressed that the new Republican majority will serve as a check on the Administration and what has been, up until this point, one party rule in Washington," <span style='font-size: 20pt'>read a statement <span style='font-size: 26pt'><u>from Cantor's office </u></span>on the one-on-one meeting.</span> </div></div>

Q

Qtec
11-14-2010, 09:29 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I hope he did say these words. Someone has to help assure the Jews they will not, once again, be abandoned to the Arabs or others allowing for their destruction. </div></div>

So the Jews can do what they want and lead the USA by the nose to do their bidding.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Bibi:...The Arabs are currently focusing on a war of terror and they think it will break us. The main thing, first of all, is to hit them. Not just one blow, but blows that are so painful that the price will be too heavy to be borne. The price is not too heavy to be borne, now. A broad attack on the Palestinian Authority. To bring them to the point of being afraid that everything is collapsing...

Woman: Wait a moment, but then the world will say "how come you're conquering again?"

Netanyahu: the world won't say a thing. The world will say we're defending.

Woman: Aren't you afraid of the world, Bibi?

Netanyahu: <span style='font-size: 20pt'>Especially today, with America. I know what America is. <u>America is something that can easily be moved.</u> Moved to the right direction.

Child: They say they're for us, but, it's like...

Netanyahu: <u>They won't get in our way. They won't get in our way.</u>

Child: On the other hand, if we do some something, then they...

Netanyahu: So let's say they say something. So they said it! They said it! <u>80% of the Americans support us. It's absurd.</u></span> We have that kind of support and we say "what will we do with the..." Look. That administration [Clinton] was extremely pro-Palestinian. I wasn't afraid to maneuver there. I was not afraid to clash with Clinton. I was not afraid to clash with the United Nations. I was paying the price anyway, I preferred to receive the value. Value for the price. </div></div>

link (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LdqAer_j6Pg&feature=related)

Q

wolfdancer
11-14-2010, 10:54 PM
I think that it at least borders on treason,as it reads like he is threatening to join forces with a foreign nation, and mount an "insurrection" against the POTUS, because the President doesn't agree with all of Israel's policies, or dictates.

wolfdancer
11-14-2010, 11:09 PM
and more power to Gayle...for continuing to speak her mind...despite the physical threats made against her, here recently ...(well, at least one of the wannabe aggressors qualifies as an "empty suit" )

"more power to him"...?????
I thought this was a sovereign nation, that didn't have to accede to the demands of "the mouse that roared"
Nobody wants to see Israel invaded, or defeated by Iran, Iraq ,or ?
....but dictating policy to us..is that what you want?

LWW
11-15-2010, 03:33 AM
Actually I agree that Cantor is way out of line and probably in violation of the Hatch Act.

What I find amusing is that when Miss Nancy went to Syria to negotiate foreign policy with Assad the left was up in arms that anyone would question it's legality ... when candidate Obama was found to be negotiating foreign policy with the Iraqis before taking office the far left was claiming it was racism to question dear leader ... when it was revealed that both James Earl Carter and Edward Kennedy worked with the Soviets in an attempt to defeat Reagan the left had no issues with it ... but now they want to wrap their collectivist selves in the rule of law after supporting lawlessness for decades.

Why do you suppose that is?

LWW

eg8r
11-15-2010, 08:10 AM
Yep, and that quote does not have anything to do with treason. Quit being foolish. Here is the part that you bolded in hopes it would fit with your subject line...<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Ron Kampeas from the Jewish Telegraphic Agency news agency found Cantor's comments extremely surprising, writing, "I can't remember an opposition leader telling a foreign leader, in a personal meeting, that he would side, as a policy, with that leader against the president.</div></div>Cantor never said that. It was your author that paraphrased and got it all wrong.

eg8r

Gayle in MD
11-15-2010, 09:14 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Deeman3</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I hope he did say these words. Someone has to help assure the Jews they will not, once again, be abandoned to the Arabs or others allowing for their destruction.

If Iran is allowed to develop a nuke and destroy Israel, we will make "friends" of people who will, once destroying theJews, turn more of their attention to us, the Other Great Satan. </div></div>

The Jews are the ones who take our money and refuse to cooperate with the USA, when asked to work for peace with their neighbors.

Not Because of any threat, they have nukes, but because of their colossal GREED!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> Op-Ed Columnist
I Believe I Can Fly
By THOMAS L. FRIEDMAN
Published: November 13, 2010
Reading the headlines these days, I can’t help but repeat this truism: If you jump off the top of an 80-story building, for 79 floors you can think you’re flying. It’s the sudden stop at the end that tells you you’re not. It’s striking to me how many leaders and nations are behaving today as though they think they can fly — and ignoring that sudden stop at the end that’s sure to come.

Where to begin? Well, first there’s Israel’s prime minister, Bibi Netanyahu, who has been telling everyone how committed he is to peace with the Palestinians while refusing to halt settlement building as a prerequisite for negotiations. At a time when Israel already has 300,000 settlers in the West Bank, Bibi says he can’t possibly take another pause in building to test whether the Palestinian government of President Mahmoud Abbas — a man Israelis say is the best Palestinian security partner Israel has ever had — can forge a safe two-state deal for Israel. The U.S. is now basically trying to bribe Bibi to reverse his position. Maybe he will, but it’s unseemly to watch and doesn’t bode well. Rather than take the initiative and say to Arabs and Palestinians, “You want a settlement freeze? Here it is, now let’s see what you’re ready to agree to,” Netanyahu toys with President Obama, makes Israel look like it wants land more than peace and risks never forging a West Bank deal — thereby permanently absorbing its 2.5 million Palestinians and eventually no longer having a Jewish majority. That’s the sudden stop at the end — unless the next war comes first. But, for now, Bibi seems to think he can fly.

Closer to home, America’s climate-deniers mounted an effective disinformation campaign that made “climate change” a four-letter word in the Republican Party. This undermined efforts to get a clean energy bill — the sort that might break our addiction to oil and take money away from the people our soldiers are fighting in the Middle East. And all of this happened in 2010, which is on track to be the Earth’s hottest year on record. So here’s the math: 98 climate scientists out of 100 will tell you that man’s continued carbon emissions pose the risk of disruptive climate change this century. Two out of 100 will tell you it doesn’t. And “conservatives” today tell you to bet on the two. If the climate-deniers are right — but we combat climate change anyway — we’ll have slightly higher energy prices but cleaner air, more renewable energy, a stronger dollar, more innovative industries and enemies with less money. If the deniers are wrong and we do nothing, your kids will meet the sudden stop at the end.

Many of the same people working against clean energy are working to scuttle Senate ratification of the New Start nuclear arms reduction treaty that Mr. Obama signed with Russian President Dmitri Medvedev. This treaty is right in line with the previous three U.S.-Russia arms reduction deals, all negotiated by G.O.P. administrations. It leaves America secure, a world and a Russia with fewer nukes and it promotes better ties with the Kremlin. Scuttling the treaty, just to deny Mr. Obama a success, which is what some Republican senators are up to, will not only ensure that U.S.-Russian relations sour, it will also make it much less likely that the Russians — whose pressure on Iran and willingness to deny it surface-to-air missiles have been critical in slowing Iran’s nuclear program — will continue to cooperate with us on that front. But, hey, who cares about weakening Iran or U.S.-Russian ties if you can weaken your own president? We can fly.

Finally, there is something deeply wrong about Mitch McConnell, the Senate G.O.P. leader, saying that “the single most important thing we want to achieve is for President Obama to be a one-term president.” McConnell explained that that was not because Republicans simply crave power (heaven forbid), but because this is the only way Republicans can achieve their goals of repealing the health care bill, ending bailouts, cutting spending and shrinking government.

Where do I start? We know that these were not the Republican goals because they had eight years under George W. Bush to pursue them and did just the opposite. And even if we assume that this time they really mean it, they’ve never explained what programs they would cut and how doing that now won’t make our recession worse. But even if they did, these are the wrong priorities. Our priorities now are to mitigate the recession that was set in motion under Bush and to put the country on a path to sustainable economic growth. That will require vastly improving the education and skills of our work force and enabling them with 21st-century infrastructure so they will be smarter and more productive. We know that tax cuts alone won’t do that; we just had that test, too, under Bush. It requires a complex strategy for American renewal — raising some taxes, like on energy, while lowering others, like on workers and corporations; and investing in new infrastructure, schools and research, while cutting other services.

I don’t mind if Republicans win with fresh new ideas — but not with a grab bag of tired clichés. That’s just begging for a sudden stop at the end.

</div></div>

http://www.nytimes.com/2010/11/14/opinion/14friedman.html?src=me&ref=general

The very FIRST thing we should cut, is sending more millions to Israel, while they flip us the bird, ffor expecting anything in return...

THEY ARE THE AGRESSORS. Iran, isn't going to blow up Israel, anyway.

That's just more RW scare tactics...

If we had spend the billions upon billions we've wasted in the Middle East, on Green energy policies, we'd be on top in the world right now, instead of still falling behind Asia and Europe in addressing the most important policy for our future, of any.

Unbelievable!

Our relationships with Israel, and the Grand Oil Party's denial of the need for renewable fuels, and addressing climate change, has cost us more money, leadership, and future success, and strife, than social security, or medicare, or the Health care bill, or anything else yu can come up with.... all of it linked to failed Re[publican Policies, as Republicans have continuously blocked addressing clean renewable energy, and investing in education, and infrastructure, for decades, while they spend and splurge, with their corporate cronies, why buy their seats, for that very reason.
/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/crazy.gif

G.

pooltchr
11-15-2010, 03:53 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Gayle in MD</div><div class="ubbcode-body">

The Jews are the ones who take our money and refuse to cooperate with the USA, when asked to work for peace with their neighbors.

Not Because of any threat, they have nukes, but because of their colossal GREED!

G.

</div></div>

One of the most hate filled, prejudiced statements I have ever read on this forum!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I can't believe you had the nerve to post something that disgusting on a public forum.

What a bigot!

Steve

LWW
11-15-2010, 06:36 PM
What do you expect from someone enamored with a POTUS who belonged to a HAMAS supporting church for two decades.

LWW