PDA

View Full Version : 10 YR OLD TAKES 2ND!!!!!

Karatemom
09-02-2002, 11:42 PM
Tonite, our son, Christ, took 2nd place in the local Monday nite tourney. He played pretty darn sporty through a field of 20. He came back from 0 to win a match two times. His best match was against a 6. Beat him 3-1. He made a quick $25 for his hard work, and he earned every bit of it. They even announced his 2nd place finish over the intercom and gave him the tournament chart to take home. He still can't wipe the smile off of his face. LOL

Heide ~ proud mom

PQQLK9
09-03-2002, 06:21 AM
Congrats to Christ...give him a High Five from me /ccboard/images/icons/smile.gif

Kato
09-03-2002, 06:24 AM
How cool is that?????????? Like Ice.

Kato~~~way to go Christ

09-03-2002, 08:59 AM
Way to go, Christ! This is something he'll always remember, I'm sure.

Karla <-- still remembers

9 Ball Girl
09-03-2002, 01:32 PM
Way to go! Before you know it, Christ will have to give Kato the 5 and out! /ccboard/images/icons/laugh.gif

Wendy~~couldn't help it /ccboard/images/icons/crazy.gif

MikeM
09-03-2002, 01:33 PM
It has to be the keychain!!!

Seriously, pass my congratulations along to Christ.

MM

Karatemom
09-03-2002, 01:41 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote: MikeM:</font><hr> It has to be the keychain!!!

Seriously, pass my congratulations along to Christ.

MM <hr></blockquote>

That is entirely possible. He wears that keychain proudly on his case. He shot so well. Of course he made his mistakes, but as much as his opponents. It was definitely his night. I'll try to see if I can get him to post his thank you's later. Til then, I'll tell him.

Heide

09-03-2002, 01:52 PM
Thank you everyone for congratulating me. That was very thoughtful.

Christ ~ will gladly give Kato the 5 out, maybe even the 4

09-03-2002, 02:08 PM
please congradulate him that is so wonderful!

Kato
09-03-2002, 02:32 PM
I've already gone into hiding. The Cass family has me scared blind.

Kato~~~knows everybody in the Midwest, Northeast, Miami, and Texas is a champion

Kato
09-03-2002, 02:34 PM
The 5? Maybe the 4? Guess I gotta play. Well kid, get ready, I'm about to pay your way through college.

Kato~~~sigh

Rod
09-03-2002, 03:09 PM
Well just like old Dad, um I know you have a few genes there to Heide! Congratulations Christ, PS don't give Kato any weight. LOL Get weight he is just laying low wating for a time to strike!

Barbara
09-03-2002, 04:07 PM
All right!! Way to go Christ!!

Barbara

Tom_In_Cincy
09-03-2002, 04:21 PM
WoW.. what a wonderful bit of news.. we need more like this..

Congrats.. Christ..keep up the school work and reward yourself with practice and more WINS!!!!

Karatemom
09-03-2002, 04:56 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote: Tom_In_Cincy:</font><hr> WoW.. what a wonderful bit of news.. we need more like this..

Congrats.. Christ..keep up the school work and reward yourself with practice and more WINS!!!! <hr></blockquote>

Between school, karate, band, and now pool, I don't know how he has time to breathe. He has less time than I do and he shoots better than me!!! LOL. Just makes me more proud.

Heide

PoolChick02
09-03-2002, 05:39 PM
Wow, that is great! Tell your son Christ to keep up the good work. Good luck on the next tourney!

PoolChick02

Scott Lee
09-04-2002, 02:00 AM
Heide...WOOHOO! I bet you can't wipe that big smile off DAD'S face either! Must be a proud papa! Both of you are doing a great job to introduce Christ to our sport the right way! Congratulations Christ! Good Job!

Scott Lee

Chris Cass
09-04-2002, 02:39 AM
Hi Scott,

No doubt, that smile was their for sure. I do want him to meet you Scott. He's a neat kid and you'll like him. He's got more friends at the ph than I do. He walks in and they all say hi or high five him as he walks by.

The food counter girls give him tons of fries and ask alnight how he's doing. LOL He's totally shy and could breakout with a dance at the note of a song when playing. hahaha He dresses like one of these pro skateboarders, a big fan.

He's been two and out for a long time. He's won matches in the last 3 mths but that one that knocks him out, he'd head to the bathroom and cry. It broke my heart. He's too proud to do it in public. I was going to stop him from playing because of it but like his mom, quiting isn't in his vocabulary.

I've been trying to find out what's going through his head, when playing. He does aim from the base of the ball, I've noticed this. He sees the lines, and knows which way to go. It's unreal. He likes all the CCBer's he's met. Talks about RIP, Kato, Voodoo, Carol and thinks Spiderman is cool, like he's their best friend. hahaha It's not in his heart to hate. This is what I'm most proud of. Man, can he woof at mom.LOL

Regards,

C.C.

Kato
09-04-2002, 06:53 AM
My favorite thing about Christ is not the "spooky" thing, though it was a little "spooky" last night. I dig the kid because he's just simplified everything. Anybody that looks at a shot and see's pizza is my kind of pool player.

Kato~~~Christs pal

Chris Cass
09-04-2002, 08:18 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote: Kato:</font><hr>I dig the kid because he's just simplified everything. Anybody that looks at a shot and see's pizza is my kind of pool player.
Kato~~~Christs pal <hr></blockquote>

Thanks Kato,

He's one of your big fans too. Just to enlighten anyone reading the post. My son Christ sees the lines (angles). When he mentions the wedge picture, he sees it as a slice of Pizza. hahaha Yes, he simplifys it to the easiest terms. I don't teach him anything that's verbal. I use a roundabout way where I don't tell him straight out. He doesn't want to hear it. I can be a nit, when it comes to teaching.

I've noticed one thing that was interesting the other day. He actually aims from the base of the cb and object ball. Now, I'm excited to hear how he deals with the pressure shots in a match. He knows the roll out option and studied the shot for awhile and chose to shoot this shot. He made it too. WOW, I almost fell out of the chair. I asked him why he didn't pushout? He replied, "he wanted to make the cheese." HAHAHAHA

START(
%AN3D2%Bd6J9%CY4G4%Di9K0%Eg1L0%Fh4N4%Gf7E5%Hk1Y6%I Z8C4%Pq6Q7
%WD4G5%Xp7Q7%YL5D3%ZC2F8%[Y2D1%\O1D3%eC0`9
)END

http://endeavor.med.nyu.edu/~wei/pool/preset/9ball.html

Regards,

C.C.~~ignorant and everyone knows...

SPetty
09-04-2002, 09:27 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote: Chris Cass:</font><hr> He likes all the CCBer's he's met. Talks about RIP, Kato, Voodoo, Carol and thinks Spiderman is cool, like he's their best friend. hahaha <hr></blockquote>Well, maybe he remembers all but one... /ccboard/images/icons/frown.gif

Please add my congratulations to all the rest. I'm sure you probably don't remember, but I repeatedly commented about what a great kid he is. And he tried so hard to find me those butts on a hat!

Karatemom
09-04-2002, 12:01 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote: SPetty:</font><hr> Well, maybe he remembers all but one... /ccboard/images/icons/frown.gif

Please add my congratulations to all the rest. I'm sure you probably don't remember, but I repeatedly commented about what a great kid he is. And he tried so hard to find me those butts on a hat!
<hr></blockquote>

Don't feel bad. Chris wrote that, not Christ. I did finally get Christ to thank everyone himself. He does remember you: the one with the pretty long hair and the broekn leg. Not to mention the one who bought Mom and Dad beers, hahahahaha. He hates that!! /ccboard/images/icons/laugh.gif

Heide

Karatemom
09-04-2002, 12:03 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote: Kato:</font><hr> I dig the kid because he's just simplified everything. Anybody that looks at a shot and see's pizza is my kind of pool player.

Kato~~~Christs pal <hr></blockquote>

Wish I could do that. When I look at the table, all I see is green for miles, /ccboard/images/icons/laugh.gif.

Heide

Eric.
09-04-2002, 01:31 PM
K-mom &amp; Chris,

How awesomw is that? Like they say, "Gotta start em young"! I think it's great that Christ found something he likes and is good at. I know, as one former 10 year old boy, I loved to compete(baseball, football, etc)and looking back, I can't thank my parents for backing me when I was a kid. Competition builds charactor and Christ will take that with him thoughout life. Only the strong survive.

Eric &gt;you GO with your bad self

Chris Cass
09-04-2002, 08:01 PM
Thanks for the Kudos Eric. He's interested in pool but his dream is to become a pro skateboarder. I just want him to get to 4th degree black belt and open a dojo for a life without worries. He's one heck of a kid and I'm proud.

He'll be in Vegas next yr with me and Heide. Hope we can meet. I should have mentioned SPetty in my other post. He likes her a lot too. I have to admit though he was impressed with Spiderman and his coolness. Also, with RIP. RIP is like the buddy everyone wants. He's all about cool. LOL

Regards,

C.C.

Voodoo Daddy
09-04-2002, 08:53 PM
Christ, you and me will take your old man and Kato on at some "pardna's" 9-Ball...if they get lucky and win, we'll take 'em out back and Mr.Miagi there butts!! Congrats lil man, your on your way!!

SPetty
09-05-2002, 07:31 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote: Chris Cass:</font><hr> He'll be in Vegas next yr with me and Heide. Hope we can meet. I should have mentioned SPetty in my other post. He likes her a lot too. I have to admit though he was impressed with Spiderman and his coolness. Also, with RIP. RIP is like the buddy everyone wants. He's all about cool. <hr></blockquote>Hi Chris,

Sorry - I was feeling a little underappreciated yesterday. I'm over it now - feel free to forget all about me again!

Christ is one special fella. And you're right, Rip is all about cool. I got to spend more time with him than anyone else, and he is just so great. Of course, he's recently started to lose that cool by talking in public about his "six inch bunny"... (I've heard it called worse things...)

Eric.
09-05-2002, 07:58 AM
Chris,

I'll look forward to Vegas. I couldn't make it this year but next year will be different(screw work,I'm GOING).

Hopefully, Christ will stick with Pool, as well as Skateboarding. There's more to life than just chocolate, strawberry is good too!

Eric

Rod
09-05-2002, 09:29 AM
Quote SPetty, I got to spend more time with him than anyone else, and he is just so great. Of course, he's recently started to lose that cool by talking in public about his "six inch bunny"... (I've heard it called worse things...)

Do tell, HA HA HA Ha HA HA HA!!! Rip can't leave this line alone. How's your bunny Rip? HA HA HA HA