PDA

View Full Version : Aw, shucks....

wolfdancer
11-14-2010, 10:53 AM
THE VILLAGES, Fla. (AP) - Former President George W. Bush says he doesn't miss much about the White House, just the pampering.

Bush told more than 3,000 people at a sprawling central Florida retirement community on Saturday that he misses the convenience of Air Force One and never waiting in traffic jams. The 43rd president said, most of all, he misses being commander in chief of the U.S. military.
Summing it all up....he misses his "toys" and really misses "playing soldier"

Pampers (http://www.wmctv.com/Global/story.asp?S=13497754)

eg8r
11-14-2010, 03:26 PM
I think this is the same thing Pelosi said when she found out she was losing her personal jet.

eg8r

Gayle in MD
11-15-2010, 10:14 AM
During his interview, on Sunday, with Candy Crowley, she asked him....in so many words...

"After nine years, in Afghanistan, how much longer????

He said, exact words...."Until Freedom extinguishes hope."

/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/crazy.gif /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/crazy.gif /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/crazy.gif

I couldn't believe my ears, re-ran the sentence several times, in disbelief!

G.

wolfdancer
11-15-2010, 01:56 PM
In his defense....I'd guess he meant to say, instead of extinguishes...."Replaces" hope (for freedom)"
The Bush baby weren't our most gifted Presidential speaker.
Just try an imagine GW.....inspiring that nation during the depression...with a "fireside chat"

Gayle in MD
11-15-2010, 02:14 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: wolfdancer</div><div class="ubbcode-body">In his defense....I'd guess he meant to say, instead of extinguishes...."Replaces" hope (for freedom)"
The Bush baby weren't our most gifted Presidential speaker.
Just try an imagine GW.....inspiring that nation during the depression...with a "fireside chat"

</div></div>

It still makes no sense. In my view, freedom gives people hope, it doesn't extinguish hope.

Do you remember when he addressed the Wall Street multi billionaires...

"Some people call you elitists. I call you my base."

That may be his only accurate statement. /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/grin.gif

wolfdancer
11-15-2010, 07:25 PM
touche !! /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/grin.gif