PDA

View Full Version : AlaskaWildlifeAlliance/SarahPalinViolatedGuidlines

Gayle in MD
11-16-2010, 06:17 AM
Totally Nuts!

<span style='font-size: 11pt'>"Sarah Palin has come under fire from a local Alaskan conservationist for allegedly violating wildlife guidelines in her new reality TV show.

In a preview clip of "Sarah Palin's Alaska," which debuted Sunday night on TLC, Palin and her family are shown fishing near a group of protected brown bears. Although the family appears to show caution and even reverence for the wild animals, Alaska Wildlife Alliance director John Toppenberg told the Guardian, <span style='font-size: 14pt'>"It's clear from the video that she violated the guidelines," referring to an Alaska Department of Fish and Game policy requiring people in a boat to fish no closer to a bear than 30 feet."</span></span>
<span style='font-size: 11pt'>If you can watch this video, and not cringe over this gross parental irresponsbility, something is wrong with you.

This woman will do ANYTHING to keep her mug in front of the camera, and for money, including putting her children at risk, for her Show Business, career.

Other videos I have seen show even more of the angry reaction from these angry bears....

A very irresponsible example to the public, of the correct respect for the dangers of being too close to mother bears with cubs in tow.

This is a mother???? NO! This is an egomaniac!

G.</span>

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2010/11/15/sarah-palins-alaska-john-_n_783613.html

sack316
11-16-2010, 04:58 PM
You know how when a controversial video game comes out? And all of the parent groups are up in arms, screaming how it should be banned. They get extra warning labels, the press is all over it, and we 'must save our youth' from this game?

Next thing you know the game is breaking records for its sales.

This is what the left did with Palin. They made her. They are why her stupid show broke TLC's ratings record for a premiere.

Sack

wolfdancer
11-16-2010, 05:22 PM
"30 ft away" WT*.. I googled "how fast can a bear run?"
The slowest bear can run 30 mph, and even running sideways (probably to make the chase a little more interesting) they can still beat the fastest human runner.

wolfdancer
11-16-2010, 05:24 PM
Say, I guess that would also explain Bill and Beck

Gayle in MD
11-16-2010, 05:53 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: wolfdancer</div><div class="ubbcode-body">"30 ft away" WT*.. I googled "how fast can a bear run?"
The slowest bear can run 30 mph, and even running sideways (probably to make the chase a little more interesting) they can still beat the fastest human runner. </div></div>

A case of either gross negligence, or sheer stupidity.

Incredible!

G.

Gayle in MD
11-16-2010, 05:57 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: sack316</div><div class="ubbcode-body">You know how when a controversial video game comes out? And all of the parent groups are up in arms, screaming how it should be banned. They get extra warning labels, the press is all over it, and we 'must save our youth' from this game?

Next thing you know the game is breaking records for its sales.

This is what the left did with Palin. They made her. They are why her stupid show broke TLC's ratings record for a premiere.

Sack </div></div>

So, again, no comment on the subject of the thread, Sack?

No surprise here. Totally indefensible, so just change the subject....right?

G.

sack316
11-16-2010, 06:12 PM
No. I have no interest in her. I have no interest in watching her show. I have no interest in defending her. I could honestly care less what she does... well, I take that back... as long as she's off in the wilderness that means she's not governing over anything, so from that respect I suppose I do care what she does.

But as far as the thread... no not worth commenting on the subject really. Goodness, next week she may step in caribou dung!

You're probably the furthest thing from a fan of hers there is on this board. But I'll bet dollars to doughnuts at least 80% of the threads about her on here have been started by you. Which was the point of my original response, if not for those similar to you (with the larger audience, of course) she wouldn't even be relevant!

Sack

sack316
11-16-2010, 06:13 PM
Also, please tell me you're not one of those who believes in the "reality" part of reality TV!

Sack

wolfdancer
11-16-2010, 06:53 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Code:</div><div class="ubbcode-body ubbcode-pre" style="height: 34px;"><pre>A case of either gross negligence, or sheer stupidity.</pre></div></div>

Well, we were talking about "Miss Musher ", weren't we?
"Dog Lady laughed and danced, and lit the candles one by one."

Gayle in MD
11-16-2010, 07:29 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: sack316</div><div class="ubbcode-body">No. I have no interest in her. I have no interest in watching her show. I have no interest in defending her. I could honestly care less what she does... well, I take that back... as long as she's off in the wilderness that means she's not governing over anything, so from that respect I suppose I do care what she does.

But as far as the thread... no not worth commenting on the subject really. Goodness, next week she may step in caribou dung!

<span style="color: #CC0000">So you're commenting on it, but not commenting on it? OK, Sack, whatever you say, lol. Then why did you bother reading it in the first place. You knew it was about caribou Sarah, no? </span>

You're probably the furthest thing from a fan of hers there is on this board.

<span style="color: #CC0000">No, not really, I'd say none of us from the left, are fans of her, and the other lefties here, just as horrified that she ever came close to the Oval Office, in the first place. In fact, Martin and I were just discussing that, tonight, on the phone, LOL.

AND...also amazed, that the Republicans from the fly over states, were stupid enough to even consider voting for a twit like her, to end up a heartbeat away from the presidency!

None of we lefties, can get over THAT, for sure!

In fact, we're all still laughing about all the praise that was written here by several of our unbalanced Righties...incredibly amazed, in fact, and we still laugh abut it betwen ourselves.</span>

But I'll bet dollars to doughnuts at least 80% of the threads about her on here have been started by you. Which was the point of my original response, if not for those similar to you (with the larger audience, of course) she wouldn't even be relevant!

Sack </div></div>

<span style="color: #CC0000"> LOL, and eighty percent of your own posts, are bashing Democratics.

As Joy wouold say, "So what? Who cares?

No, Sack, you're buying into Sara's little victim stories, only the McCain Camp, have ratted her out already, she's no softie, she's got a case of permanent PMS, according to them.

She's relevant, because she will eternally be a reminder to we lefties, of just how far off the beam, some from the right, on this site, have proven themselves to be, back when they were all singing praises of the Mooseburger, writing that we lefties were scared to death of her...in the political sense.

But seriously, Sack, in my case, it really isn't a political thing, with me....I am just flabbergasted that this woman, gets away with presenting herself as the mother of all mothers, when I have seen her do so many stupid, dangerous, ignorant things, in her role as a mother, yet she gets away with her fake, supermom, facade.

Some things in ife, are just too incredible to wrap one's mind around, if you know what I mean. As a mother, and a grand- mother, I have had my heart in my throat, holding my breath, watching this nutjob with her children, more than a few times. It's a mother thing...not a political thing.

This time takes the cake! Uh, but, come to think of it, I've said that before.

G. </span>

eg8r
11-16-2010, 07:57 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">"30 ft away" WT*.. I googled "how fast can a bear run?"
The slowest bear can run 30 mph, and even running sideways (probably to make the chase a little more interesting) they can still beat the fastest human runner.
</div></div>I agree, that is definitely way to close for anyone with a little common sense. The woman is crazy. /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif But then again it was TV and we all know how real that is.

eg8r

eg8r
11-16-2010, 07:58 PM
LOL, you probably get pissed off when you watch Emeril on TV and his 12 hour turkey confit gets cooked over the commercial break and yours never cooks that quick.

eg8r

eg8r
11-16-2010, 07:59 PM
You nailed it. The lefties can thank themselves for Palin's exposure.

eg8r

Gayle in MD
11-16-2010, 08:17 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: sack316</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Also, please tell me you're not one of those who believes in the "reality" part of reality TV!

Sack </div></div>

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Alaska Wildlife Alliance director John Toppenberg told the Guardian, "It's clear from the video that she violated the guidelines," referring to an Alaska Department of Fish and Game policy requiring people in a boat to fish no closer to a bear than 30 feet."
</div></div>

Since you didn't bother to watch the video, I won't bother to answer...I'll leave it to the expert, who lives there, and knows the area.

Deeman3
11-16-2010, 08:42 PM
Well, she isncertainly done for now! I would guess they will pack it all in and have her jailed for this.

Someone as I recall didn't have that same concern when Hillary exposed her only daughter to raining gunfire while on that fact finding mission in a hostile and at war country! All those local children out there handing her flowers while she was ducking incoming rounds!

all that child endangerment and Sinbad didn't even notice it!

Always yournonlynagenda is fior the kids. That is touching but not as much as your great concern when David Letterman was suggesting her youngest daughter was being raped by a professional athlete. I also don't remember when you were outraged when theblate Steve Irvin laid his three-year old on the back of an alligator!

you must be convinced she is running in 2012. if not, you'd let her alone and let the punishment be meted out by the authorities, if she is convicted.

Your love and concern for the wellbeing of the Palin's is touching. /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif

sack316
11-16-2010, 10:26 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Gayle in MD</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: sack316</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Also, please tell me you're not one of those who believes in the "reality" part of reality TV!

Sack </div></div>

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Alaska Wildlife Alliance director John Toppenberg told the Guardian, "It's clear from the video that she violated the guidelines," referring to an Alaska Department of Fish and Game policy requiring people in a boat to fish no closer to a bear than 30 feet."
</div></div>

Since you didn't bother to watch the video, I won't bother to answer...I'll leave it to the expert, who lives there, and knows the area. </div></div>

I did watch the video. The same video Toppenberg watched <u>from the show</u>. As aired on television apparently. On reality television.

I also have a picture of me with Elvis and Sammy Davis Jr.

Sack

LWW
11-17-2010, 03:55 AM
1 - Gee's fascination with Sarah rivals her fascination with me.

2 - IMHO the bears were trained and a prop.

LWW

Gayle in MD
11-17-2010, 08:57 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Deeman3</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Well, she isncertainly done for now! I would guess they will pack it all in and have her jailed for this.

Someone as I recall didn't have that same concern when Hillary exposed her only daughter to raining gunfire while on that fact finding mission in a hostile and at war country! All those local children out there handing her flowers while she was ducking incoming rounds!

all that child endangerment and Sinbad didn't even notice it!

Always yournonlynagenda is fior the kids. That is touching but not as much as your great concern when David Letterman was suggesting her youngest daughter was being raped by a professional athlete. I also don't remember when you were outraged when theblate Steve Irvin laid his three-year old on the back of an alligator!

you must be convinced she is running in 2012. if not, you'd let her alone and let the punishment be meted out by the authorities, if she is convicted.

Your love and concern for the wellbeing of the Palin's is touching. /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif </div></div>

Feel better? Any comments about the subject of the thread?

G.

Gayle in MD
11-17-2010, 09:01 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: sack316</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Gayle in MD</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: sack316</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Also, please tell me you're not one of those who believes in the "reality" part of reality TV!

Sack </div></div>

</div></div>

Since you didn't bother to watch the video, I won't bother to answer...I'll leave it to the expert, who lives there, and knows the area. </div></div>

I did watch the video. The same video Toppenberg watched <u>from the show</u>. As aired on television apparently. On reality television.

I also have a picture of me with Elvis and Sammy Davis Jr.

Sack </div></div>

You know, you could easily write your opinion, without condescending, sarcasm.

I think the expert, had it right. I don't know a single person who saw this, who wasn't outraged when they saw this video.

Regardless of what kind of program, it was, a video of the event, was appraised by an expert. I agree with his opinion.

I would think that someone as educated as you are, could find a way to express your opinion, without condescending remarks, Sack.

G.

Deeman3
11-17-2010, 09:12 AM
Yes, Sack. You must be the only one who makes condescending remarks around here. /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif

Sarah had the right watching her little show I guess. Now, she has pulled in the rest of the political spectrum with all this sudden great concern for the welfare of her family. This poor little unprepared gal is a lot more media savy than I would have thought.

Great ratings and such helpful and concerned attention from her former enemies? /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif

pooltchr
11-17-2010, 11:46 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Gayle in MD</div><div class="ubbcode-body">

You know, you could easily write your opinion, without condescending, sarcasm.

G. </div></div>

And you would be the all time expert on that subject.

ROTFLMAO!!!!!!!!

You are a real piece of work!

Steve

wolfdancer
11-17-2010, 05:59 PM
There was an old Phil Harris song "The Preacher and the Bear"
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">So Lord Lord if you can't help me
For goodness sake don't help that bear. </div></div>
... and some golfer used that as a remark, when Nicklaus was in his prime...."Oh, Lord, if you can't help me, then please don't help that (Golden) bear

sack316
11-17-2010, 07:02 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Gayle in MD</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
You know, you could easily write your opinion, without condescending, sarcasm.</div></div>

I did not intend to be condescending. Sorry if it came off that way, but it was surely not my intention.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Gayle in MD</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I think the expert, had it right. I don't know a single person who saw this, who wasn't outraged when they saw this video.</div></div>

Seems there are a few people you know right here that are not offended by it.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Gayle in MD</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Regardless of what kind of program, it was, a video of the event, was appraised by an expert. I agree with his opinion.

I would think that someone as educated as you are, could find a way to express your opinion, without condescending remarks, Sack.

G. </div></div>

And I would think someone as educated as you and the expert who commented on it would know better than to take a reality TV clip and receive it "as is". That's not to say it isn't possible the real life event wasn't presented accurately by the footage... it's also entirely possible every single contestant in the history of Cupcake Wars comes down to the final few seconds on their final presentation and magically gets those last 100 cupcakes thrown on their display in 5 seconds. (oops, I did it again I guess)

Also, where is the outrage at any of the NINE producers of this episode alone that created this "reality"?

<span style='font-size: 17pt'>Oh, also here is the rest of the quote from Toppenberg himself, which Huffpo conveniently decided to leave out:</span>

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><span style='font-size: 17pt'>But this enraged Toppenberg. “She implies that she is somehow in danger or being brave. That’s complete nonsense,” he said. “Wolverine Creek is the one place in Alaska where the bears are tolerant and completely habituated to the presence of people and boats. </span></div></div>

Even your own quoted expert here knows that neither she, nor the kids, were in any danger... even if it is portrayed as such on "reality" TV /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smirk.gif

Sack

Deeman3
11-17-2010, 07:53 PM
Do not confuse the issue with facts when children and hundreds of technicians, producers, make-up girls, cameramen and animal wranglers are in harm's way!

sack316
11-17-2010, 08:05 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Deeman3</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Do not confuse the issue with facts when children and hundreds of technicians, producers, make-up girls, cameramen and animal wranglers are in harm's way! </div></div>

lol, my bad Dee. But why do you assume the make up technicians are girls? Pig...

Sack--- wonders if the bears used their personal stylists

Gayle in MD
11-18-2010, 01:43 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: sack316</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Gayle in MD</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
You know, you could easily write your opinion, without condescending, sarcasm.</div></div>

I did not intend to be condescending.
<span style='font-size: 11pt'>Oh, I think you did.</span>

Sorry if it came off that way, but it was surely not my intention.
/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smirk.gif
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Gayle in MD</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I think the expert, had it right. I don't know a single person who saw this, who wasn't outraged when they saw this video.</div></div>

Seems there are a few people you know right here that are not offended by it.

<span style='font-size: 11pt'>Considering who they are, that means little to me. They also weren't offended by George Bush committing treason.</span>
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Gayle in MD</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Regardless of what kind of program, it was, a video of the event, was appraised by an expert. I agree with his opinion.

G. </div></div>

And I would think someone as educated as you and the expert who commented on it would know better than to take a reality TV clip and receive it "as is".

<span style='font-size: 11pt'>The man said he knew the area, and said they were clearly less than thirty feet away from those mother bears and their cubs. That's all I need to know. Perhaps, you are not aware of how fast a bear can move. It wouldn't have mattered how many people wre around, they were in a boat, with kids on board, less than thirty feet away from tow mother bears with cubs.

End of story.</span>

That's not to say it isn't possible the real life event wasn't presented accurately by the footage... it's also entirely possible every single contestant in the history of Cupcake Wars comes down to the final few seconds on their final presentation and magically gets those last 100 cupcakes thrown on their display in 5 seconds. (oops, I did it again I guess)

<span style='font-size: 11pt'>Yes, apparently it's your overall policy as regards how you communicate with me.

Well, you're young, have never had children, never been a parent, and apparently, you don't know very much about bears.

There you go, that's about the best I can do to clean up your responses.</span>

Also, where is the outrage at any of the NINE producers of this episode alone that created this "reality"?

<span style='font-size: 17pt'>Oh, also here is the rest of the quote from Toppenberg himself, which Huffpo conveniently decided to leave out:</span>

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><span style='font-size: 17pt'>But this enraged Toppenberg. “She implies that she is somehow in danger or being brave. That’s complete nonsense,” he said. “Wolverine Creek is the one place in Alaska where the bears are tolerant and completely habituated to the presence of people and boats. </span></div></div>

<span style='font-size: 11pt'>And where did this quote come from, if I may ask? </span>

<span style='font-size: 11pt'>REgardless, IMO, that is nonsense. Anyone knows you can never predict what a wild animal is going to do, particularly a mother bear, when they are protecting their young.</span>

Even your own quoted expert here knows that neither she, nor the kids, were in any danger... even if it is portrayed as such on "reality" TV /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smirk.gif

Sack </div></div>

<span style='font-size: 11pt'>It was very stupid of her to put those children at risk, IMO. I don't care what kind of show it was. Less than thirty feet away from a mother bear, with cubs in tow, regardless of the location, is pure stupidity, particularly with young children, in a BOAT! Those kids wouldn't have a ghost of a chance.

Pure stupidity!</span>
G.

wolfdancer
11-18-2010, 01:54 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">It was an very stupid thing for her to put those children at risk. IMO. </div></div>
A bad example for impressionable kids that may be camping in the woods....
to quote Forrest Gump:
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Stupid is as stupid does" </div></div>

Gayle in MD
11-18-2010, 02:08 AM
Your quote by Forest, sums it up quite well.

This is far from the first time I've seen those children put at risk by those people.

I noticed in another clip, I saw, from her new gig, what a big deal she made over making a big statement, over, "no boys allowed upstairs" to her next daughter in line, behind Bristol.

Too bad she didn't have enough sense to put it into action, before. Levi said he was always right upstairs, when he was having sex with Bristol....and the parents were in the house.

Palin is a phoney, if I've ever seen one.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zeMypXCUWMw&NR=1&feature=fvwp

LWW
11-18-2010, 04:03 AM
Well I just watched the video.

Anyone who believes that they were within 30 feet of the bears has no concept of how telephoto lenses compress images making things appear closer than they are.

Yet another thread infected with PALIN DERANGEMENT SYNDROME.

LWW

sack316
11-18-2010, 06:29 AM
Well, you're young, have never had children, never been a parent, and apparently, you don't know very much about bears.
</div></div>

All very true. Much as it appears you've never done photo and video editing, and don't know much about that either.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Gayle in MD</div><div class="ubbcode-body">And where did this quote come from, if I may ask? </div></div>
take your pick (http://www.google.com/#hl=en&safe=off&&sa=X&psj=1&ei=7hvlTKujAoKglAfUpamdCw&ved=0CBUQBSgA&q=toppenberg+She+implies+that+she+is+somehow+in+da nger+of+being+brave.&spell=1&fp=f355e930503f0f58)

Sack

LWW
11-18-2010, 06:45 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: sack316</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Gayle in MD</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
</div></div>

All very true. Much as it appears you've never done photo and video editing, and don't know much about that either.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Gayle in MD</div><div class="ubbcode-body">And where did this quote come from, if I may ask? </div></div>
take your pick (http://www.google.com/#hl=en&safe=off&&sa=X&psj=1&ei=7hvlTKujAoKglAfUpamdCw&ved=0CBUQBSgA&q=toppenberg+She+implies+that+she+is+somehow+in+da nger+of+being+brave.&spell=1&fp=f355e930503f0f58)

Sack
</div></div>

Please, don't confuse her with the facts ... you know how it riles her so.

LWW

Chopstick
11-18-2010, 07:38 AM
<span style="color: #000099">Yall have to excuse me for knowing how to read but isn't this a quote from the pinhead that started all this?
</span>
"Complete nonsense!" says Toppenberg. "She implies that she is somehow in danger or being brave. Wolverine Creek is the one place in Alaska <span style='font-size: 17pt'>where the bears are tolerant and completely habituated to the presence of people and boats.</span>"

<span style="color: #000099">And they did not approach the bear. The bear came towards them and they backed up. And bears do not move at 35 mph in water up to their neck and certainly cannot out swim a gasoline powered outboard motor.</span>

LWW
11-18-2010, 07:46 AM

LWW

Gayle in MD
11-18-2010, 08:46 AM
</div></div>

Sack
</div></div>

</div></div>

Sack
</div></div>

[quote]Joe Meehan, of the wildlife conservation division of the Alaska Department of Fish and Game, said that it appeared that the Palins’ boat got within 9m of the bears, but not while they were actually feeding.

<span style='font-size: 20pt'>“Some people may say you shouldn’t even try to fish when a bear is in the area and I wouldn’t argue with that,” he said. </span>

<span style='font-size: 14pt'>Meehan, who supervises Alaska’s wildlife refuge program, which includes Wolverine Creek, said that while he did not believe Palin had necessarily breached the guidelines, he had concerns over the signal she was sending.

“Fishing in close proximity to bears may, in general, not send an appropriate message to large numbers of people that are not experienced at fishing in bear country,” he said.

The preview clip also shows a bear jumping into the river near the Palins.

Palin recalls dramatically to camera later: “So I’m thinking we are going to get stuck there, the anchor is dropped and there is a bear coming towards us.” However, this served to enrage Toppenberg.

“She implies that she is somehow in danger or being brave. That’s complete nonsense,” he said. “Wolverine Creek is the one place in Alaska where the bears are tolerant and completely habituated to the presence of people and boats, but the guidelines are there for a reason.”</span>

You have your opinion, I have mine. I've been a mother, you haven't. What she did was pure stupidity.

As stupid as lifting a downs baby, from the flat floor, with no support behind his head and neck. I've seen that too, both parents did it on camera.

Dragging that child all over the countryside, in crowds, during flu season, when mongoloid children are far more susceptible to catching everything out there.

Descending an airplane's steep, narrow METAL steps, in spike heels, while hanging that baby over her arm like a sack of potatoes, over one arm, head first, while waving with the other! Pure stupidity, and would be so with any child of that age, but even moreso with a Mongoloid child.

Do you know anything about taking care of Mongoloid children? I do, I took care of three mongoloid babies, you NEVER, EVER lift them without supporting their head and neck.

You NEVER carry them face first, particularly when they're very young, there is no support for their head and neck.

You never take them into large crowds of people during their first year of life, particularly during flu season.

They have numerous health issues...but putting those small children within one leap or two of bears with cubs, is pure stupidity.

You can cherry pick till dooms day, nothing could justify that kind of irresponsibility. One never assumes, when it comes to ones chldren, particularly in the range of wild animals....

Other clips I have seen, and I''ve seen several, from different angles, some showing the actual space between that boat, and the bears, angry bears, approaching, so you either believe that she's a fake, or you believe she was assumming that angry bears, with cubs, are predictable, andwould not attack.

There is absolutely no justification for what she did, IMO.
And, this is far from the first time I've witnessed irresponsible behavior by those two parents.
G.

Deeman3
11-18-2010, 09:57 AM
Again, I am amazed and awed by your care and compassion for the Palin children. I know it is only your love for their safety. /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif

Sarah will be heartened by your love, I am certain.

sack316
11-18-2010, 09:58 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Joe Meehan, of the wildlife conservation division of the Alaska Department of Fish and Game, said that it appeared that the Palins’ boat got within 9m of the bears, but not while they were actually feeding.

<span style='font-size: 20pt'>“Some people may say you shouldn’t even try to fish when a bear is in the area and I wouldn’t argue with that,” he said. </span>

<span style='font-size: 14pt'>Meehan, who supervises Alaska’s wildlife refuge program, which includes Wolverine Creek, said that while he did not believe Palin had necessarily breached the guidelines, he had concerns over the signal she was sending.

“Fishing in close proximity to bears may, in general, not send an appropriate message to large numbers of people that are not experienced at fishing in bear country,” he said.

Palin recalls dramatically to camera later: “So I’m thinking we are going to get stuck there, the anchor is dropped and there is a bear coming towards us.” However, this served to enrage Toppenberg.

“She implies that she is somehow in danger or being brave. That’s complete nonsense,” he said. “Wolverine Creek is the one place in Alaska where the bears are tolerant and completely habituated to the presence of people and boats, but the guidelines are there for a reason.”</span>

You have your opinion, I have mine. I've been a mother, you haven't. What she did was pure stupidity.

As stupid as lifting a downs baby, from the flat floor, with no support behind his head and neck. I've seen that too, both parents did it on camera.

Dragging that child all over the countryside, in crowds, during flu season, when mongoloid children are far more susceptible to catching everything out there.

Descending an airplane's steep, narrow METAL steps, in spike heels, while hanging that baby over her arm like a sack of potatoes, over one arm, head first, while waving with the other! Pure stupidity, and would be so with any child of that age, but even moreso with a Mongoloid child.

Do you know anything about taking care of Mongoloid children? I do, I took care of three mongoloid babies, you NEVER, EVER lift them without supporting their head and neck.

You NEVER carry them face first, particularly when they're very young, there is no support for their head and neck.

You never take them into large crowds of people during their first year of life, particularly during flu season.

They have numerous health issues...but putting those small children within one leap or two of bears with cubs, is pure stupidity.

You can cherry pick till dooms day, nothing could justify that kind of irresponsibility. One never assumes, when it comes to ones chldren, particularly in the range of wild animals....

Other clips I have seen, and I''ve seen several, from different angles, some showing the actual space between that boat, and the bears, angry bears, approaching, so you either believe that she's a fake, or you believe she was assumming that angry bears, with cubs, are predictable, andwould not attack.

And, this is far from the first time I've witnessed irresponsible behavior by those two parents.
G.
</div></div>

[quote=Gayle in MD]
So, again, no comment on the <u>subject of the thread</u> ?

No surprise here. Totally indefensible, so just change the subject....right? </div></div>

(<span style="color: #FF0000">thread title includes: Violated guidelines</span>

from your next expert you quoted:
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Meehan, who supervises Alaska’s wildlife refuge program, which includes Wolverine Creek, said that while he did not believe Palin had necessarily breached the guidelines... </div></div>

Your thread was about the danger she put them in here and that she violated guidelines.

You have quoted two experts, neither of which say they were in any specific danger, and one of which says she didn't breach the guidelines.

Sack

Gayle in MD
11-18-2010, 11:34 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Joe Meehan, of the wildlife conservation division of the Alaska Department of Fish and Game, said that it appeared that the Palins’ boat got within 9m of the bears, but not while they were actually feeding.

G.
</div></div>

[quote=Gayle in MD]

No surprise here. Totally indefensible, so just change the subject....right? </div></div>

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Meehan, who supervises Alaska’s wildlife refuge program, which includes Wolverine Creek, said that while he did not believe Palin had necessarily breached the guidelines... </div></div>

Your thread was about the danger she put them in here and that she violated guidelines.

You have quoted two experts, neither of which say they were in any specific danger, and one of which says she didn't breach the guidelines.

Sack
</div></div>

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">]“Some people may say you shouldn’t even try to fish when a bear is in the area <span style='font-size: 17pt'>and I wouldn’t argue with that,”</span> he said. </div></div>

Putting children in a boat, that close to wild bears, with cubs, is insane, reckless, negligent, and when one does it for money, I find it repulsive.

Maybe when YOU are a parent, you might think back on this subject, and have a better understanding of why I feel as I do.

In the meantime, I have no intentions of beating a dead bear to death, defending my views on this subject, with someone who has never been a parent.

g.

sack316
11-18-2010, 12:15 PM
In the meantime, I have no intentions of beating a dead bear to death, defending my views on this subject, with someone who has never been a parent.

</div></div>

That's childlessism!

Sack

Deeman3
11-18-2010, 01:30 PM
Sack,

Get out there a generate few kids so you too, can participate! Go on, take one for the Team! /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif

eg8r
11-18-2010, 02:06 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Well, you're young, have never had children, never been a parent, and apparently, you don't know very much about bears.</div></div>Gayle, could you please just be a little honest here...who knows more about those bears..You or Palin? Your own author admitted they really were in no real danger as sack pointed out.

eg8r

Gayle in MD
11-18-2010, 03:07 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: eg8r</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Well, you're young, have never had children, never been a parent, and apparently, you don't know very much about bears.</div></div>Gayle, could you please just be a little honest here...who knows more about those bears..You or Palin? Your own author admitted they really were in no real danger as sack pointed out.

eg8r </div></div>
Here is what the author stated....

<span style='font-size: 14pt'>"Some people may say you shouldn’t even try to fish when a bear is in the area and I wouldn’t argue with that,” he said. </span>

Wild animals are not predictable, period. what she did was stupid, and irresponsible.

G.

sack316
11-18-2010, 03:13 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Deeman3</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Sack,

Get out there a generate few kids so you too, can participate! Go on, take one for the Team! /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif </div></div>

Maybe the fact that I don't have any as of yet is because I <u>DO</u> know a little more about them than some would presume /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/wink.gif

Sack

LWW
11-18-2010, 03:35 PM

LWW

eg8r
11-18-2010, 04:31 PM
He also said this...<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">But this enraged Toppenberg. “She implies that she is somehow in danger or being brave. That’s complete nonsense,” he said. “Wolverine Creek is the one place in Alaska where the bears are tolerant and completely habituated to the presence of people and boats.

</div></div>So first we have the guy upset about her breaking guidelines and endangering her family and then we find out from YOUR two sources she not only was NOT breaking any guidelines but in fact the original author, with the big problem, never felt there was ANY danger in the first place. Toppenberg was ENRAGED that Palin's show may have implied any danger at all.

What is happening here is that you tried to jump all over Palin for something that was not there. You associated "breaking guidelines" with danger and you couldn't wait to post it up because you, for some reason, think you are a better mother than Palin. Problem with your defense is that there never was any danger to speak of and all your "experts" have agreed so.

eg8r

Gayle in MD
11-18-2010, 04:41 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: eg8r</div><div class="ubbcode-body">He also said this...<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">But this enraged Toppenberg. “She implies that she is somehow in danger or being brave. That’s complete nonsense,” he said. “Wolverine Creek is the one place in Alaska where the bears are tolerant and completely habituated to the presence of people and boats.

</div></div>So first we have the guy upset about her breaking guidelines and endangering her family and then we find out from YOUR two sources she not only was NOT breaking any guidelines but in fact the original author, with the big problem, never felt there was ANY danger in the first place. Toppenberg was ENRAGED that Palin's show may have implied any danger at all.

What is happening here is that you tried to jump all over Palin for something that was not there. You associated "breaking guidelines" with danger and you couldn't wait to post it up because you, for some reason, think you are a better mother than Palin. Problem with your defense is that there never was any danger to speak of and all your "experts" have agreed so.

eg8r </div></div>

“Some people may say you shouldn’t even try to fish when a bear is in the area and I wouldn’t argue with that,” he said.

That's your usual twist, isn't it, Ed, only as usual, it is just that, your twist.

Tell me, would you take your children out in a boat, under thirty feet away fro two angry mother bears with cubs in tow?

On man stated quite clearly, she did not observe the Wildlife standards, the other agreed, that is was dangerous, but you parse out what fits your agenda...

I based my views on observing this woman, for several years, and watching her over and over, using very poor judgement, as regards her mothering.

The quoted material supports my take on the matter, and the video, supports the dangers.

Of course, I don't expect you to acknowledge that.

How about this, I put you back on ignore, and when you can admit that Valarie Plame, was a SECRET CIA AGENT, outed by an organized effort of the entire top level of the Bush administration, just send me an e-mail, and let me know. Maybe I'll start reading your posts again, at that point.

Till then, stay away from those fried twinkies. It wasn't the camera. Allison didn't look fat.

/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/grin.gif

G.

pooltchr
11-18-2010, 05:06 PM

Till then, stay away from those fried twinkies. It wasn't the camera. Allison didn't look fat.

/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/grin.gif

G.

</div></div>

More personal attacks, Gayle?

You can't help yourself, can you.

Is it vacation time again?

Steve

Deeman3
11-18-2010, 07:09 PM
/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif

eg8r
11-18-2010, 08:07 PM
Sorry, but your your defense fell apart when your two expert witnesses both said there was no danger at all. Had Palin been somewhere else maybe there would be danger, but NOT there.

Try as hard as you want but your ship went down on this one.

eg8r

eg8r
11-18-2010, 08:09 PM
LOL, you are right. I have tried hard to curb what I say on the board but gayle can't help herself. She didn't say anything until she noticed her story was really no story at all. Maybe next time she will actually read the entire story before "breaking" it on the CCB.

eg8r

Qtec
11-19-2010, 01:39 AM
The real story is that Palin is a phoney.

Q

sack316
11-19-2010, 03:17 AM
thanks Ed... for common sense and the ability to see what is right in front of you. Seems so simple... but yet is something that is seriously lacking on this board

Sack

Gayle in MD
11-19-2010, 07:55 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Qtec</div><div class="ubbcode-body">The real story is that Palin is a phoney.

Q </div></div>

Exactly my point, to Sack. You can't have it both ways, either the behavior was dangerous and irresponsible, or, Palin's own presentation, was phoney.

Adding my own opinions, does not change a damn thing.

This woman has been blabbing for a year about the fierce nature of grizzley bears, protecting their young, and then she goes too close to them ti meet the safety guuidlines?

sor of reminds me of her being before the bridge to no where, before she claimed to be against it??? thanks, but no thanks. She nnever took that position.

Now she mocks the TARP bailout, she was for that, too, before she was against it.

Of course, we all know the right has OCADD, hence, they forget, the TARP, was under Bush!

When President Obama took office, it became socialism. Paliln bashes it non stop.

/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/crazy.gif
As one of the authors, stated. He would not disagree with those who think it is dangerous to fish in the same area with bears, regardless...

These righties, twist everything to fit their agenda....

Nothing new about that. /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/crazy.gif

Gayle in MD
11-19-2010, 07:55 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: sack316</div><div class="ubbcode-body">thanks Ed... for common sense and the ability to see what is right in front of you. Seems so simple... but yet is something that is seriously lacking on this board

Sack </div></div>

<span style="color: #CC0000">LMAO! You ought to know. </span>

eg8r
11-19-2010, 09:27 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">On man stated quite clearly, she did not observe the Wildlife standards, the other agreed, that is was dangerous, but you parse out what fits your agenda...

</div></div>I refuse to allow your dishonesty in this thread continue. You were the one parsing out what you wanted. It took sack to diver deeper to prove you didn't actually read the whole story. You forgot to mention that both your experts did not agree with your twist.

eg8r

Gayle in MD
11-19-2010, 09:30 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: eg8r</div><div class="ubbcode-body">LOL, you are right. I have tried hard to curb what I say on the board but gayle can't help herself. She didn't say anything until she noticed her story was really no story at all. Maybe next time she will actually read the entire story before "breaking" it on the CCB.

eg8r </div></div>

What a crock.

In every post, since I started to take another shot at communicating with you, you have been out of line, calling me a hypocrite, bashing my character left and right.

Go your own way...I had a temporary brain malfunction, over seeing your post Title about beating Allison, the pool lover in my took over, briefly, but it didn't take me long to see I had made a huge mistake, you're still the same nasty, insulting, abrasive little twerp you've always been....

G.

eg8r
11-19-2010, 09:30 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">The real story is that Palin is a phoney.

</div></div>Maybe, maybe not but the real problem we have in this thread is gayle parsing the story to get something that fits her agenda and then getting pissed off when her own expert witnesses prove she is wrong. On top of that, gayle goes on a personal attack. Talk about an unfit mother...

eg8r

eg8r
11-19-2010, 09:35 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Exactly my point, to Sack. You can't have it both ways, either the behavior was dangerous and irresponsible, or, Palin's own presentation, was phoney.

</div></div>You sure are getting very poor in executing your "points". In your original post you said nothing about Palin being phoney. Sack actually was the first person to remind YOU that reality TV is NOT REALITY. Quit twisting things around.

eg8r

Gayle in MD
11-19-2010, 09:56 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: eg8r</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">The real story is that Palin is a phoney.

</div></div>Maybe, maybe not but the real problem we have in this thread is gayle parsing the story to get something that fits her agenda and then getting pissed off when her own expert witnesses prove she is wrong. On top of that, gayle then starts changing the story to make the bears out to be "angry" and goes on a personal attack. Talk about an unfit mother...

eg8r </div></div>

Another lie:

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Here is what the author stated....

"Some people may say you shouldn’t even try to fish when a bear is in the area and I wouldn’t argue with that,” he said.

</div></div>

In another place, the expert stated, quite clearly, that she violated guildlines, as my TITLE states.

Adding my opinion to the subejct, is an opinion, not an agenda.

If you think wild animals are predictable, that's your opinion.

IMO, that is nuts, and as I have stated, dangerous.

My husband and I took survival courses, before the days when we were camping nearly every weekend, I would never have put my kids in that same situation.

Any dummie knows, you do not go near feeding bears, and NEVER when they are towing their young.

The thead title addresses the statement, by the Alaska wildlife Alliance.

I did not change one word of his statement.

Sack then set his course to attack my added opinion, to the original quotes.

Is he a parent? Has he taken a survival course? Has he seen the area where the filming was done, as has the gentleman who stated, quite clearly, exactly word for word, the title of my thread, that Palin violated Guidlines...

So Sack seeks to deny she violated guildlines, blows the entire thread into yet another nitpicking contest, presumming he is more aware of what the camera showed, than the gentleman who wrote the article, who knows the area, who lives in Alaska, who is a wildlife expert, and then finds a morsel, of information, from another site, which I didn't see, and decides that even though he doesn't give a damn about Palin, has no interest in her whatsoever, couldn't care less, but cannot turn down a chance to attack and ridicule me, my judgement, my view of the subject, my opinion, just as you cannot.

So I get it. The opinions of the right, are not agendas.

While the opinions of the left, are NOTHING but partisan agendas.

Just as the personal attacks of the right, are just their desire to perform the needed good will, a public servicde, as one of the worst has written, of removoing left wing mythology from the internet, by stalking people who don't even want to communicate with them,...

But all Liberals, if they dare to write an opinion, or link to documention or governemtn charts, form the CONGRESSIONAL BUDGET OFFIICE, OR THE DEPARTMENT OF VETERANS AFFAIRS, OR THE DEPARTMENT OF LABOR, OR THE ENVIRONMENTAL PROTECTION AGENCY, OR ANY SICENTIST, ANY MEDICAL STUDY, OR ANY DOCUMENTATION, EVEN THE NSE, OR JOURNALISM LINK OF ANY KIND THAT DOES NOT SUPPORT THE RIGHT WING Agenda are hypocrites and liars, who hate the world.

WHO'S THE HYPOCRITE????
<span style='font-size: 11pt'>
Would you feel comfortable with your kids in a boat, that close to feeding bears, with their young in tow.

I notice, you didn't answer that question...Why?</span>G.

eg8r
11-19-2010, 10:12 AM
Rant all you want but your experts disagree with you. Sack pointed it out and I have reiterated those points (which were quotes from your authors). I guess you just want to parse the story to get it to read the way you want it to but attack anyone that proves you wrong.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Would you feel comfortable with your kids in a boat, that close to feeding bears, with their young in tow.

I notice, you didn't answer that question...Why?</div></div>Because I thought the question was stupid. Since it has your panties in a wad, I guess I can oblige. If I had the experience and training equivalent to Palin then yes, I would have been comfortable. However, given my lack of experience no, I would not be that close. LOL, that is much more honest than I have ever seen from your replies.

eg8r

Gayle in MD
11-19-2010, 11:28 AM
Quick Poll
What do you think of Sarah Palin fishing near the bears?I think she violated wildlife guidelines and sent a bad message to the audience.

70.37%

What's all the fuss? This is a silly thing to criticize her for.

29.63%

I don't care what you think, Ed. IMO, she endangerd her childen.

There are also discussions all over facebook, by MOTHERS, CAMPERS, people think, as I do, that that woman put her kids in danger.

If you think wild animals are predictable, fine...I don't.

I did not misrepresent the statements of the person I quoted....he was the expert, I quoted his article, directly from where I originally saw it.

Both opinions, of both experts, indicated disapproval, of her actions, in various ways, one stating that he wouldn't disagree with folks who thought fishing near those bears, was a bad idea in the first place....

The other saying she violated the Guidlines.

You're goal is what is always is, attack Gayle, everything she writes, her views, her life, her opinions, her voice, whatever you can come up with, anything and everything that you think you can come up with, regardless of how nasty, or obnoxious, overbearing, or filthy, nothing is too low for you to write...

Have at it, you're back on ignore.

G.

eg8r
11-19-2010, 11:40 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
I did not misrepresent the statements of the person I quoted....he was the expert, I quoted his article, directly from where I originally saw it.

</div></div>Both of your experts disagree with you.

Also, remember you are the only one that posted the personal attack. All I did was keep reminding you that you forgot to post the quotes where your "experts" disagreed with you.

eg8r

Gayle in MD
11-19-2010, 11:47 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: eg8r</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">

</div></div>Both of your experts disagree with you.

Also, remember you are the only one that posted the personal attack. All I did was keep reminding you that you forgot to post the quotes where your "experts" disagreed with you.

eg8r </div></div>

No, they don't disagree with me...that's your spin...

How could I post quotes, I did't see, ED...I posted the entire article. The link is there.

go away...you're a waste of time...

G.

wolfdancer
11-19-2010, 12:48 PM
I did not read the full exchange between you and Ed, but noticed that he wrote "personal attack"......
Maybe you did cross over the line?...but, seems to me, in the past, present, and probably the future.... you have been maligned, insulted, threatened, made fun of, and had rude, crude, and lewd comments made about you, from a handful of members here...
"the usual suspects" Apparently it isn't considered "personal" if they write it; but good golly, Miss Molly...if'n you
pokes fun at them.....you'll be "drummed" off the site

eg8r
11-19-2010, 01:18 PM
I guess what you are trying to say in so many words is, maybe gayle did attack this time but it is ok considering all the times it has happened to her.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Apparently it isn't considered "personal" if they write it; but good golly, Miss Molly...if'n you
pokes fun at them.....you'll be "drummed" off the site
</div></div>Well it was gayle who used the word "personal" first when she mentioned attacks. She then forgot that it was her that started those types of attacks most recently.

eg8r &lt;~~~not perfect but at least I am trying, less can be said on another

Gayle in MD
11-19-2010, 01:54 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: wolfdancer</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I did not read the full exchange between you and Ed, but noticed that he wrote "personal attack"......
Maybe you did cross over the line?...but, seems to me, in the past, present, and probably the future.... you have been maligned, insulted, threatened, made fun of, and had rude, crude, and lewd comments made about you, from a handful of members here...
"the usual suspects" Apparently it isn't considered "personal" if they write it; but good golly, Miss Molly...if'n you
pokes fun at them.....you'll be "drummed" off the site </div></div>

Most people realize what a smiley face means.

I don't suppose we can exxpect that from people who don't know the difference between a STATE DINNER, and the traditional Presidential invitation to come together with the incoming Congressional MAJORITY, OPPOSING Party, at the White House, with the party Leaders, to discuss the way forward, and the personal dinner invitation, in the President's private living quarters, an added touch, by a gracious president, which not all of them offer....

It's hard to communicate with those who only know, or want to know, what suits their FUX NOISE, propaganda...as we've seen here for over a decade.

Give them a link, and they spin it to their liking...

A total waste of time, to even communicate with any of them...

Could it be, they are realizing, for the first time, that Republilcans intentions, are far from what they conveyed.

You'd think, after Bush, and the last Republican majority, they'd have learned something about the Repubs, but alas, you are right, they still need the crayons...

G.

eg8r
11-19-2010, 01:58 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I don't suppose we can exxpect that from people who don't know the difference between a STATE DINNER</div></div>Boehner turned down a state dinner and so did Reid. You just can't come to grips with the fact that they both did the same thing.

eg8r

Gayle in MD
11-19-2010, 02:02 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: eg8r</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I don't suppose we can exxpect that from people who don't know the difference between a STATE DINNER</div></div>Boehner turned down a state dinner and so did Reid. You just can't come to grips with the fact that they both did the same thing.

eg8r </div></div>

Look Ed,
A STATE DINNER, was not the subject of my post.

They do not hold STATE DINNERS, for the Dem and Repub, leadership.

Your gross ignorance, on the subject, only shows that you never read the thread, in the first place. The link, and the story, was right there....

Now GO AWAY....and stop lying.

eg8r
11-19-2010, 05:19 PM
So once again, you are doing nothing to prove your point. All you have done is restate what you have already said and frankly no one believes anything you are saying. If you have something available that would state the dinners are different then maybe someone would listen to you.

eg8r

Gayle in MD
11-20-2010, 09:40 AM

G.
</div></div>

[quote=Gayle in MD]

Sack
</div></div>
<span style='font-size: 11pt'>Breaching the guidlines, are only one part of the issue, the other part is an issue of keeping your children safe. It surely isn't hard to read the awrnings, everywhere, common knowledge, you can never predict what a wild animal is going to do.

A quick search, provides a whole lise, even people who have raised the wild animals, know, they are unpredictable. </span>

Orleans moose shot dead | Ottawa and Region | News | Ottawa Sun

<span style='font-size: 11pt'>“You can’t predict what any wild animal is going to do</span> and the tranquillizers did not, unfortunately, calm the animal or put the animal to sleep in a way that would allow us to move it. The decision (to shoot the moose) was made for public safety,” Vincelette said.
http://www.ottawasun.com/news/ottawa/2010/06/01/14210721.html

Runaway moose in Ottawa suburb - Canada - Canoe.ca

Canada and International News ... <span style='font-size: 11pt'>"You can't predict what any wild animal is going to do </span>and the tranquillizers did not, unfortunately, calm the animal or put the animal to sleep in a way that would allow us to move it. The decision (to shoot the moose) was made for public safety," Vincelette said.
cnews.canoe.ca/CNEWS/Canada/2010/06/02/14223586.html?ci...

Tom Kierein Demystifies Weather Forecasting : NPR

<span style='font-size: 11pt'>And trying to predict what's going to happen in the atmosphere - which, really, is an ultimate wilderness. It's like trying to predict what a wild animal is going to do.</span>
http://www.npr.org/templates/story/story.php?storyId=121720234

You can't predict what any wild animal is going to do and the tranquillizers did not, unfortunately, calm the animal or put the animal to sleep in a way that would allow us to move it. The decision (to shoot the moose) was made for public safety," Vincelette said.

Mooseworld: Other Areas

My moose friend and I spent probably no more than a minute together, then he/she (it didn't have antlers) suddenly turned into a grassey road and trotted off into the woods seeming like it knew exactly where it was going. ... <span style='font-size: 11pt'>I was getting a little nervous by that point, since you can never predict what a wild animal will do, </span>www.mooseworld.com/sightings_other.htm

This Is Why You Shouldn’t Own Exotic Pets | Naked Law by Avvo.com

Last month, <span style='font-size: 14pt'>Brent Kandra Sam Mazzola was killed by a pet bear owned by Ohio bear-wrestling entrepreneur Sam Mazzola. The gruesome attack brought focus ... You can never predict the behavior of wild animals, and all it takes is a split-second for an animal to attack and seriously maim or kill a person. </span>nakedlaw.avvo.com/2010/09/exotic-pet-maulings/

Deeman3
11-20-2010, 04:17 PM
So, if if Reid and Bainter will stop standing up Presidents and Palin sells all her pet bears, al will be well?

Gayle in MD
11-21-2010, 09:42 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Deeman3</div><div class="ubbcode-body">So, if if Reid and Bainter will stop standing up Presidents and Palin sells all her pet bears, al will be well? </div></div>

I have no idea, who "Bainter" is, but I do recognize a condescending, ridiculous question, when I read one.

LWW
11-21-2010, 09:50 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Gayle in MD</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Deeman3</div><div class="ubbcode-body">So, if if Reid and Bainter will stop standing up Presidents and Palin sells all her pet bears, al will be well? </div></div>

I have no idea, who "Bainter" is, but I do recognize a <s>cndescending</s> condescending, ridiculous question, when I read one.

</div></div>

And I recognize someone who defines "reading numerous books on the subject" as sitting on the couch watching C-CPAN and Rachel Madcow when I see one.

People who read at a high level can spell well ... people who spell well can read at a high level.

The two skill sets are intertwined and inseparable.

LWW

Gayle in MD
11-23-2010, 07:15 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: eg8r</div><div class="ubbcode-body">So once again, you are doing nothing to prove your point. All you have done is restate what you have already said and frankly no one believes anything you are saying. If you have something available that would state the dinners are different then maybe someone would listen to you.

eg8r </div></div>

If you don't know what a State Dinner is, even after I posted the definition, in that thread, and another link, addressing the difference between a State Dinner, and the presidential invittion to the party leaderhips, for a policy meeting and invitation to dinner in his private residence...then you're only showing your own ignorance.

I provided the links...

this is my last post too you on the subject.

Once I gave Sack the details, he backed out of the thread....I assume, he didn't know the difference, either....since he did what you righties always do, take some tidbit, you go googling after, which is actually irrelevent and unrelated to the sbject of the thread, and then you try to apply it to a completely set of circumstances.

Hence, your opinions are not worth reading.

Turninng down a STate Dinner invitation, is not in any way comparable to refusing an invitation by the president, to come to the White HOuse, to discuss policy, as the article I linked sstated, it is seen as an insult to the office of the presidency, as even Joe Scarborough stated on his program...

Bottom line, Sack was wrong, and off on a wild goose chase, with his usual sarcasm, and insults, of late....

You, OTOH have always been nothing but a thread obstructionist, someone who jumps in and writes BS, which has not point, and no value...

I don't have to post links, to prove common sense....

That's why I usually keep you on ignore...which is exactly where you're headed right now...

So again, unless you're willing to admit that Valarie Plame, was a Secret NOC CIA AGent, and you have lied about her on this forum, for years, go your own way, have another fried twinkie, maybe assuaging your addiction to food, will put you in a better mood....

G.

"You can never predict the behavior of wild animals, and all it takes is a split-second for an animal to attack and seriously maim or kill a person."

"Got a link for that Gayle?"

A complete history of the evolution of the Rw denial gene...

http://www.c-spanvideo.org/program/TheTou

eg8r
11-23-2010, 09:21 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">If you don't know what a State Dinner is, even after I posted the definition,</div></div>Earth to gayle, we get it, you are calling one a state dinner and the other is not. The problem is the rest of the world is calling both a state dinner.

eg8r

sack316
11-23-2010, 11:11 AM

Once I gave Sack the details, he backed out of the thread....</div></div>

I didn't back out, I simply stopped responding when I realized what a waste of time it was. It was pointless to continue to go back and forth, each of us continually repeating the same thing over and over again.

I could continue, with a comment such as "In your original post on the thread you mention you say
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">'When the President Of The United States, invites you to come to the White House, for dinner, you re-arrange your plans, and Accept the invitation.' </div></div>

That comment makes <u>no distinction</u> as to what type of dinner it should be, what type of invitation it should be, or any various protocols that may exist. So even if one were to grant you your point about state dinner vs. whatever else, it doesn't matter. Your own comment says point blank that when the pres invites you to dinner, you go period. That's what you said... not me.

Now of course you will disagree, ignore the exact quote from your post, attempt to render my point invalid, and we will continue the back-and-forth over and over. Which, to me was pointless.

If that's "backing out" then I guess so be it... I'd just lump it in with "backing out" of slamming my head against a brick wall... pointless and does nothing but cause a headache, so ya just stop doing it /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif

Sack

Gayle in MD
11-23-2010, 12:50 PM
You continued on that course after I posted the definition of a State Dinner, and a link to a different story, about the other dinner/meeting, which idicated clearly, that you were mixing two different dinners, two entirely different protocols...As I explained to you, over and over, still...nothing but sarcasm, and condescention.

I really doesn't matter...I'm pretty fed up with this place, to tell you the truth. I only post here
to provide news that I think that Q, Wolf, or Hondo, would enjoy, and to read what they write. You're last posts in the Palin thread, and the dinner thread, were as sarcastic and condescending as they come...

The nastiness from the right gets consistantly worse, and lately, both you, and Dee, have added to it, and joined in their tactics, that seems clear to me. I think Hondo, Q., and Jack, would agree with that assessment.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">When the President Of The United States, invites you to come to the White House, for dinner, you re-arrange your plans, and Accept the invitation.

Putting off a dinner invitation from the POTUS, is unheard of!

</div></div>

How do you put off a STate Dinner Invitation?

The president, does not invite people to a State
Dinner, the President, and the First Lady, invite the guests.

State Dinners, are never held in the private residence, as I tried to eplain to you, more than once.

Still, condescention, and accusations.....
G.

eg8r
11-23-2010, 02:28 PM
Sack, apparently the only person that is allowed to continually be nasty, sarcastic and attack members is gayle. Otherwise she will fake "ignore" you. /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif

eg8r

sack316
11-23-2010, 04:41 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Gayle in MD</div><div class="ubbcode-body">You continued on that course after I posted the definition of a State Dinner, and a link to a different story, about the other dinner/meeting, which idicated clearly, that you were mixing tow different dinners, tow entirely different protocols... still...sarcasm.
</div></div>

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: sack316</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">'When the President Of The United States, invites you to come to the White House, for dinner, you re-arrange your plans, and Accept the invitation.' </div></div>

That comment makes <u>no distinction</u> as to what type of dinner it should be, what type of invitation it should be, or any various protocols that may exist. So even if one were to grant you your point about state dinner vs. whatever else, it doesn't matter. Your own comment says point blank that when the pres invites you to dinner, you go period. That's what you said... not me.

Now of course you will disagree, ignore the exact quote from your post, attempt to render my point invalid, and we will continue the back-and-forth over and over. Which, to me was pointless.

</div></div>

Sack

sack316
11-23-2010, 04:43 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Gayle in MD</div><div class="ubbcode-body">.... You're last posts in the Palin thread, and the dinner thread, were as sarcastic and condescending as they come...

The nastinees from the right gets consistantly worse, and lately, both you, and Dee, have added to it, and joined in their tactics, that seems clear to me. I think Hondo and W., and Jack, would agree with that assessment.
</div></div>

You never call names, get snippy, nit-pick, take a condescending tone, etc.?

Sack

Gayle in MD
11-23-2010, 05:57 PM
I'm done. Carry on, fellas. it's all my fault.

LWW
11-24-2010, 04:09 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Gayle in MD</div><div class="ubbcode-body">it's all my fault.</div></div>

For once we agree.

That one deserves to live on.

LWW