PDA

View Full Version : NJ gun laws=insane!

sack316
11-16-2010, 10:54 AM
http://reason.com/archives/2010/11/15/brian-aitkens-mistake
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">"It makes a criminal of every gun owner and forces him to prove his innocence." </div></div>

Sack

Deeman3
11-16-2010, 11:25 AM
Sack,

Although it may be perfect for NJ! A very, very, very large percentage of them are criminal. /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif

I say, as long as I don't have to live there, travel there, let them legislated themselves into perfect safety, after all it is working so well for Washington, D.C.and Chicago. /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif

wolfdancer
11-16-2010, 02:51 PM
you might have been kidding....but some years back...didn't the state lead the nation in murders per capita?
Newark has now slipped to #4........but they might be crediting the
"floaters" to NYC....and then there are the ones that don't make it to the surface...( the specific gravity of cement being 3.15 )

Deeman3
11-16-2010, 03:58 PM
Jack,

Yes, they did but have fallen a bit in recent years. They are trying but still losing ground. They just need some of these Alabama Gators imported up there to completely clean up the floaters.

Would you not hate Jersey Shore representing the state to the rest of the world? The Sopranos were much less damaging and a lot smarter. /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif

Are you saying trash is not all NYC dumps on NJ? /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif

wolfdancer
11-16-2010, 05:32 PM
I remember the line from the Gordon Lightfoot song:
" The Hudson it's said, never gives up her dead...."

Deeman3
11-16-2010, 08:46 PM
Great song! /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif

wolfdancer
11-16-2010, 09:06 PM
I think I mentioned before that my Uncle George used to work on the Lake Freighters, and often signed up for the trip with his buddy. George decided to take a trip off, and didn't sign on with his friend, who then shipped out on the Edmund Fitzgerald's last voyage. George was one of those folks that "never spent a dime", while making pretty good $$ "sailing" on the lakes. He finally met and married a gal ...who then took no time at all to spend it for him.
His friend Rudy is still out there somewhere deep in Lake Superior.
The cold waters don't allow the gases of decomposition to take place, so the bodies never surface.

Sev
11-16-2010, 09:09 PM
The Edmund Fitzgeral went down 35 years ago last week.

And its Gitchigumi that doesnt give up its dead.

Sev
11-16-2010, 09:10 PM
More eveidence of liberals attacking honest citizens rather than the actual problems.

Oh wait. Its the libs that created the problems in the first place.

LWW
11-17-2010, 03:46 AM
A totalitarian state can never take hold with a well armed population.

The founders well realized this.

LWW

wolfdancer
11-17-2010, 02:07 PM
The Edmund went down in Lake Superior, the deepest of the great lakes. My uncle who used to "sail" on the Lakes, and often signed on for the trip, with a friend, decided to not take that trip. The waters are so cold at that depth, that the gases of decomposition does not occur, and the body still has negative bouyancy. Thus the line "Superior, it's said, never gives up her dead"

Deeman3
11-17-2010, 02:28 PM
Wolfdancer,

I knew about your uncle but had forgotten the too cold for gases to form thing.

I also heard there are more ships that have wrecked there than any other equal area in the world, a lot of sea graves.

That history of the Great Lakes is not taught enough, a lot of good history there.

wolfdancer
11-17-2010, 03:00 PM
What is unique about the Great Lakes is the irregular wave actions in a storm, magnified by the rapid change in depths as the waters near the shoreline, or even when compared to the oceans. I got caught once in a storm, coming home from put-in-bay to Celeveland,in a 36 ft Hateras, and the compass was useless...just spun around, and never did settle out. That I was the only one not too drunk to drive, didn't help matters out. Thanks to my great "navigational skills"..re: dumb luck...we made it home safely.
I took a course in coastal navigation in SF, and the old chief that gave the course...commented about the difficulties of navigating on the lakes.

Deeman3
11-17-2010, 03:23 PM
I watched a special on PBS or some other commy /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif station about two years ago on the Edmond Fitz and it was very good. Funny how a good song like that from your past draws in your interest but the stories of the Lakes is mysterious with all the wrecks over all those years. I know the money is good but it takes man with a real set to do this season after season.

Makes the silly clowns stuck on that Carnival Cruise look pretty lame. /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif "OMG! Three days with only Spam and all the free liqour we could drink, how did we survive?" /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif

wolfdancer
11-17-2010, 03:40 PM
yes, I too....felt their pain.