PDA

View Full Version : Reading the board in 5 minutes, or less

wolfdancer
11-16-2010, 02:20 PM
Just scan the headings...which often give away the entire post that follows...e.g.:
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> Idiot Yankee Liberals </div></div>
An experienced member of this esteemed "think tank" would know from the tone of that....that they are going to get some "filtered" rehash of Glenn Beck, minus Beck's theatrical histrionics (in show biz parlance...a two hanky performance)
AND...is it just my observation....or has the board mellowed out somewhat in the last few weeks?
No weapon threats by the two, no threats of banishment by "teach", and no threats of eternal damnation of my soul by llotter ( fer being Catholic, and a liberal Yankee) It almost downright civil...but I believe the "joint force strike" now has Hondo targeted???
I might have wasted my money then, on the pistola that I recently bought for protection.

Gayle in MD
11-16-2010, 07:48 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: wolfdancer</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Just scan the headings...which often give away the entire post that follows...e.g.:
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> Idiot Yankee Liberals </div></div>
An experienced member of this esteemed "think tank" would know from the tone of that....that they are going to get some "filtered" rehash of Glenn Beck, minus Beck's theatrical histrionics (in show biz parlance...a two hanky performance)
AND...is it just my observation....or has the board mellowed out somewhat in the last few weeks?
No weapon threats by the two, no threats of banishment by "teach", and no threats of eternal damnation of my soul by llotter ( fer being Catholic, and a liberal Yankee) It almost downright civil...but I believe the "joint force strike" now has Hondo targeted???
I might have wasted my money then, on the pistola that I recently bought for protection.

</div></div>

<span style="color: #CC0000">Wolf,
When I scan the headings, I see the same righties, bashing all things left, that I've always seen on here, only from even more radically, RW, partisan sources.

IOW, nutjobs quoting nutjobs.

I still think they've all been abducted by Aliens from space.

There can't be enough brain washed Americans, to vote Republicans back into office, after what they did to the country, since 2001, without some sort of Twilight Zone, lazer style, brain intervention.

Ever noticed the strange look in their eyes?</span> /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/grin.gif

eg8r
11-16-2010, 07:54 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">When I scan the headings, I see the same righties, bashing all things left, that I've always seen on here, only from even more radically, RW, partisan sources.

IOW, nutjobs quoting nutjobs.

</div></div>The same can be said about the lefties on this board and all would agree.

eg8r

pooltchr
11-16-2010, 10:56 PM
So I take it you think that the liberal New York voters did a good thing to elect someone who was facing charges, and just found guilty of a dozen ethics violations?????????

Figures!!!!!

/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/crazy.gif

Steve

wolfdancer
11-17-2010, 02:28 AM
no, what I said was that from your heading I can decide if the post is worthwhile reading....and in that instance...I passed,.. actually in most instances, I'll pass on your posts; but that is a separate story.
See, you don't present a topic for discussion, your mind is all made up beforehand, and all we get to read are the stream of insults that you pour on. Who the eff wants to waste time doing that?

Qtec
11-17-2010, 03:56 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">See, you don't present a topic for discussion, your mind is all made up beforehand, and all we get to read are the stream of insults that you pour on. </div></div>

Ain't that the truth. /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif

Q

hondo
11-17-2010, 06:42 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Qtec</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> <div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">See, you don't present a topic for discussion, your mind is all made up beforehand, and all we get to read are the stream of insults that you pour on. </div></div>

Ain't that the truth. /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif

Q

</div></div>

I absolutely agree. SSDD.

Gayle in MD
11-17-2010, 07:41 AM
[quote=wolfdancer]no, what I said was that from your heading I can decide if the post is worthwhile reading....and in that instance...I passed,.. actually in most instances, I'll pass on your posts; but that is a separate story.
See, you don't present a topic for discussion, your mind is all made up beforehand, and all we get to read are the stream of insults that you

There is no point in attempting any discussion with the hard right, IMO.

If they refuse to acknowledge proven facts, twist the documentation to mean something it does not mean, twist the literal interpretation of your written word, and have a general approach, to every discussion of denial, posting only for the purpose to slander you, what is the point?

Would any of us waste whaat could otherwise be a pleasant social event, a dinner party, playing pool, hiking, camping, in the company of such unpleasant people?

Not me. Life is too short, to spend time with nasty people, who are clueless, rude and overbearing.

G.

llotter
11-17-2010, 08:08 AM
I think Steve's posts are the least inflammatory or insulting of anyone here and almost always on point with good questions for information. Anyone would have to appreciate how difficult it is to remain civil when attempting a discussion with the insane.

pooltchr
11-17-2010, 08:40 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: wolfdancer</div><div class="ubbcode-body">no, what I said was that from your heading I can decide if the post is worthwhile reading....and in that instance...I passed,.. actually in most instances, I'll pass on your posts; but that is a separate story.
See, you don't present a topic for discussion, your mind is all made up beforehand, and all we get to read are the stream of insults that you pour on. Who the eff wants to waste time doing that? </div></div>

Ok big man. Present a lgtitimate post that would show why the voters in New York made a good decision by electing Rangle under the circumstances. Convince me why I should change my mind on the subject. Tell me why someone found guilty of all those ethics violations really is a good guy, and probably just misunderstood.

Surely someone with the vast wealth of knowledge that you seem to think you have could present an arguement that could change the mind of someone you consider to be just another ignorant southerner.

Come on, bubba. Show us what you got!!!!!!!!!!!

Try debating the facts rather than your typical path of just dismissing it as if it is beneath you.

Steve

Gayle in MD
11-17-2010, 08:46 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: llotter</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I think Steve's posts are the least inflammatory or insulting of anyone here and almost always on point with good questions for information. Anyone would have to appreciate how difficult it is to remain civil when attempting a discussion with the insane. </div></div>

<span style="color: #CC0000"> BWA HA HA HA...you would.</span> /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/crazy.gif

pooltchr
11-17-2010, 08:50 AM
Here is another social program right in your own back yard you might find useful:

http://www.mhamd.org/

You're welcome.

Steve

hondo
11-17-2010, 02:28 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Gayle in MD</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: llotter</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I think Steve's posts are the least inflammatory or insulting of anyone here and almost always on point with good questions for information. Anyone would have to appreciate how difficult it is to remain civil when attempting a discussion with the insane. </div></div>

<span style="color: #CC0000"> BWA HA HA HA...you would.</span> /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/crazy.gif </div></div>

LOL! You beat me to that comment.

wolfdancer
11-17-2010, 03:07 PM
you are now off in a different tangent then the original topic.
I wouldn't waste my time trying to convince you of anything. That you and I have different opinions, and are allowed to hold to those beliefs....is what makes this country great....well, that and these monthly "welfare" checks I get from Uncle Sam.

wolfdancer
11-17-2010, 03:11 PM
I'm afraid that I have an entirely different and completely opposite assessment of his posts....but, if he finds comfort and guidance in them, so be it.

wolfdancer
11-17-2010, 03:15 PM
But,as they say in poker.....you got to play the hand you are dealt with.....and thar ain'ts no aces in his deck

pooltchr
11-17-2010, 04:19 PM
OK, Genius. Back up your statement. Explain to us all what a great choice the electorate of NY made with Rangle.

Should be easy to show me up, since you seem to think you have the superior hand.

Man up. Back up your words.

Steve

wolfdancer
11-17-2010, 05:39 PM
I really could give an iota less of concern, about who the voters of the great state of New York voted for, or against: it is none of my business.... as I don't reside in that state. But.... I have the idea that the majority must have voted for the person that they felt would best represent them?
You don't agree with their decision...take it up with the NY voters. I'm sure there must be a website that will allow you to voice your disapproval, with the electorate of that State.
I don't feel any need to defend their choice, especially not to you. ( that would be like beating one's head into a brick wall...it only feels good when you stop)
I Personally don't know enough about Rangle to make an informed comment....but apparently you must believe that you do.
Leave me out of your political issues, please....none of which I agree with, or even give a rat's behind, about.
If I want to engage in any serious discussion on politics, it would not be on this site, nor any pool site. Pool players can't agree on what ball they should shoot next, let alone who is the best candidate.....
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Many people engage in political discussions to get others to see their point of view. Unfortunately, tempers can flare and no one leaves the conversation having learned anything. There is a difference in having a serious political discussion and simply having a heated argument with someone.
People usually have political discussions to exchange ideas. But sometimes, when people feel very passionate about a subject, they often refuse to see another personís point of view, let alone listen to them. If you feel that someone you know could learn something from you about politics, keep in mind you could learn something from them as well. </div></div>

And don't bother threatening to have me removed from the board for disagreeing with you, or, for just expressing my own political beliefs. If that is grounds for dismissal...then you would be doing me a favor.
"Man up"?
Are you implying that you wish to engage in the gentlemanly art of fisticuffs with me, just for not buying into your views?
Is that a threat?...... or just another personal attack?

LWW
11-17-2010, 05:58 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: wolfdancer</div><div class="ubbcode-body">no, what I said was that from your heading I can decide if the post is worthwhile reading....and in that instance...I passed,.. </div></div>

If that's true then why did you start a thread about it?

LWW

pooltchr
11-17-2010, 06:29 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: wolfdancer</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I really could give an iota less of concern, about who the voters of the great state of New York voted for, or against: it is none of my business.... as I don't reside in that state. But.... I have the idea that the majority must have voted for the person that they felt would best represent them?

<span style="color: #FF0000"> You may have a valid point. New York is pretty much a liberal state, so perhaps a guy that was found guilty of multiple ethics violations might very well represent their standards. Thank you for bringing that to our attention.</span>

Leave me out of your political issues, please....none of which I agree with, or even give a rat's behind, about.
If I want to engage in any serious discussion on politics, it would not be on this site,

<span style="color: #FF0000">Then why do you feel it necessary to add your comments on subjects that you claim don't hold your interest, with people you don't want to discuss the subject with???????? </span>

And don't bother threatening to have me removed from the board for disagreeing with you, or, for just expressing my own political beliefs. If that is grounds for dismissal...then you would be doing me a favor.

<span style="color: #FF0000">I have never threatened to have your nor anyone else removed from the board. Contrary to your inflated idea of my power and influence, that is out of my realm of control. </span>
"Man up"?
Are you implying that you wish to engage in the gentlemanly art of fisticuffs with me, just for not buying into your views?
Is that a threat?...... or just another personal attack? </div></div>

<span style="color: #FF0000">Just suggesting that if you are going to go into attack mode against my ideas, at least be man enough to address the actual issues. You are the one initiating personal attacks.
Should I be worried that you will be showing up on my doorstep one day, as one of your fellow wingnuts threatened to do??

Steve </span>

hondo
11-17-2010, 07:04 PM
Come out now and wet me see the cowor of your spuwrting bwood.

Just kidding. Somehow Elmer Fudd seemed appwopiate to your wesponse.

wolfdancer
11-18-2010, 01:26 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> Should I be worried that you will be showing up on my doorstep one day, as one of your fellow wingnuts threatened to do??</div></div>
Nice try at getting me to post something "reportable", but I'll go along with the trap.
If I ever showed up on your doorstep, it wouldn't be to talk turkey with you (a little Thanksgiving pun), or for any pool lessons.
I'd probably have a crazed look in my eye, and would no doubt be armed as well. But before that would ever happen...I would have had to have completely "lost it" ....to chance risking my own freedom because of your ongoing personal attacks, against Gayle and Myself here. It ain't like it's some obnoxious drunk at the corner bar, that won't back off...and the choices are fight, or leave....I can just pull up another site to get you to stop bothering me.
However, I have no plans to ever go to Charlotte..ever again, as once was enough. I don't speak the language, and that third world cousine they serve,turns my stomach. They eat parts of animals that I believe the Bible prohibits. And grits...no self respecting Yankee eats grits.
I can't speak for the other guy, but if he did make that statement, maybe you could consider tempering your posts; present your disagreements in a more civil manner, and show the other guy the same respect, that you would like to be afforded.....a good rule of thumb to follow....if you wouldn't say it to his face, then don't write it.

LWW
11-18-2010, 03:45 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: pooltchr</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><span style="color: #FF0000">Just suggesting that if you are going to go into attack mode against my ideas, at least be man enough to address the actual issues.

Steve </span> </div></div>
Now that is funny.

LWW

hondo
11-18-2010, 07:30 AM
Come on, Wolfie, it's easy to trash jennings without trashing the fine city of Charlotte.
You're doing the same thing to him that the killer b's and their klan do to me when they trash West Virginia just because they don't like me.

You're better than this, friend.
We can't claim the high road, buddy, if we stoop to their level.

pooltchr
11-18-2010, 08:14 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: hondo</div><div class="ubbcode-body">You're better than this, friend.
</div></div>

His past history suggests you might be quite wrong.

Steve

wolfdancer
11-18-2010, 01:44 PM
Aw....I did spend several weeks in Charlotte once for otjt....nice city, friendly folks, and an enjoyable local GC. I did have a little trouble with the dinner staples....but I have good memories of that stay. Also got to travel and hit every major city in NC.

hondo
11-18-2010, 02:19 PM
Had my first grits ever in Charlotte in 1972.
Don't know that I've had better since.

wolfdancer
11-18-2010, 02:54 PM
I kid about them....never had them until I was in my 20's and in the South...but they are pretty good, just not available up here.

Gayle in MD
11-18-2010, 07:46 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: hondo</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Gayle in MD</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: llotter</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I think Steve's posts are the least inflammatory or insulting of anyone here and almost always on point with good questions for information. Anyone would have to appreciate how difficult it is to remain civil when attempting a discussion with the insane. </div></div>

<span style="color: #CC0000"> BWA HA HA HA...you would.</span> /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/crazy.gif </div></div>

LOL! You beat me to that comment. </div></div>

/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/grin.gif

wolfdancer
11-19-2010, 04:39 PM
surely, he can't be serious