PDA

View Full Version : Thanksgiving dinner, how to...

wolfdancer
11-17-2010, 07:08 PM
cook a turkey:

TURKEY RECIPE

I thought this sounded good! Here is a turkey recipe that also includes the use of popcorn as a stuffing ingredient -- imagine that. When I found this recipe, I thought it was perfect for people like me, who just are not sure how to tell when the turkey is thoroughly cooked, but not dried out. Give this a try.

8 - 15 lb. turkey
1 cup melted butter
1 cup stuffing (Pepperidge Farm is Good)
1lb un-popped popcorn (ORVILLE REDENBACHER'S LOW BUTTER LOVERS IS BEST)
Salt/pepper to taste

Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Brush turkey well with melted butter, salt and pepper. Then, fill cavity with stuffing and popcorn. Place in baking pan making sure the neck end is toward the front of the oven, not the back.
After about 4 hours listen for the popping sounds.

When the turkey's ass blows the oven door open and the bird flies across the room,... it's done!

And, you thought I didn't cook....

Deeman3
11-17-2010, 07:33 PM
Great idea! But I will use my time honored tradition and let my Mom cook the bird while the the rest of our clan fight it out for one pocket and nine ball bragging rights for the next 12 months....

You always have a close second on the really neat recipes! /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif

wolfdancer
11-18-2010, 12:47 AM
My Aunt Ruth, God Bless, was the best ever at cooking fowl, and baked a mean pie as well. She was also an amazing woman, with a heart of gold. My great friend, as well as my Aunt...