PDA

View Full Version : Tough Choice!

Deeman3
11-18-2010, 07:31 PM
I have a very tough decision to make. If I do the "right thing" I will most likely not be employed after tomorrow morning! If I do not, I can't face my employees and look them in the eye. well, I think that itself tells me what I have to do.

I can't, of course, disclose the details but any of my friends on here please pray to give me the strength to at least do it right.

If you are a Korean , well, I'll keep it civil on here.

I am not heard from you can guess the ending, but my other e-mail is
Deesands265@gmail.com.

/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif

wolfdancer
11-18-2010, 08:05 PM
Wow! that is a conundrum. Without having all the blanks filled in,and even if they were....I doubt that anyone here is qualified to answer....but I'll try.
Despite being pro-union, pro-labor...my advice would be to CYA. You may temporarily lose the support of your employees....but I'm sure that this will buy you time to modify whatever draconian measures your Employer wants you to take.
And I have the idea from our communications over these years....that they will still be better off with you, then without you....
Hope that you can find a way out of this "maze" Good luck !!!

eg8r
11-18-2010, 08:13 PM
Wolfie says it better than I but I pray you make the right decisions and do the right thing.

eg8r

Qtec
11-18-2010, 11:26 PM
Ditto. Now is not a good time to be unemployed.

Q

wolfdancer
11-19-2010, 03:11 AM
Tell them...I'll "pull the job" if they don't co-operate....

Deeman3
11-19-2010, 09:12 AM
Well, I have plenty of time on my hands now. I had one last opportunity to lay down but just could not, in the end. I'll update a few of you in more detail later via e mail but I will have to have your e mail sent to my new e mail address as, when they walk you out of the building, you do forget to print out your e mail addresses!

I am o.k. In fact more feisty than I may have been in years. In my case being hard to employ at 58 is probably less traumatic than most. My shame, and itnreally is, is that I would have not taken 24 hours to make this decision just a few years ago. The issue is systemic in some of the suppliers here, so, although I won't do anything to harm my former team, I might be able to raise this issue onna wider scale. The gist is that you don't have ship jobs to another country to lose them these days.

jack, my friend, ifnI thought I could have made a difference from the inside, I would certainly have done so. Tori tried, for a few hours last night, to convince me of the same argument but, in the end, knew I was toast either way.

hey, look how much practice I'm getting typing on the I pad!

Thanks for your prayers, they did work! /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif

pooltchr
11-19-2010, 11:45 AM
Doing the right thing, rather than doing the easy thing can be difficult, but in the long run, it pays off.

I walked away from a very successful business position several years ago, strictly due to standing up for principles. And while I do wonder sometimes what might have been, had I stayed, I really have no regrets. The choice cost me a considerable amount of money, but I managed to hang on to my personal ethics and peace of mind.

Karma, my friend!

Steve

Deeman3
11-19-2010, 01:14 PM
I am not hero in this. Please don't think I am trying to act as if acted out anything other than what most of our parents told was right when we were young. I plan on laying plenty of the guilt trip on them while eating their Thanksgiving turkey next week. /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif There are always two sides to every story and the ownership, mostly Korean, and, in fairness, their take is different than mine.

Besides, every time I find myself with a few months on my hands, I always write another book or two. The one sticking in my gut right now has been fighting to get out for a couple of years and this gives me an excuse for all that time between sending out resumes and only getting responses from places I'd rather die than move to. as I go forward with it, I may as a couple on here who I deeply respect to give me feedback as it develops, if I can get one of them to spend little time off the golf douse and another to put down that blond he may be fondling and read for a few minutes and another to stop abusing members of the Women's Professional Billiard Tour!

As soon as my arms tire from all this self serving back patting I am engaged in, I'll respond to any of the very supportive e-mails you guys have sent. Unfortunately, II can read on my I-Pad but can't respond until my lovely bride unhands the laptop where she is apparently teaching a bunch of English hooligans a lesson in Texas Holdem!

Again, thanks, you guys are great, despite our childish, mine included, spats at times.

Can I change al my core beliefs as I am now unemployed? You know, let's get the man! You know, label me as in transition ? JK. /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif