PDA

View Full Version : J. Pechauer Cues

griffith_d
09-03-2002, 10:50 AM
I have read that some people think Pechauer cues are better than Schon for the money.

Give me your views.

Griff

socrates
09-03-2002, 04:10 PM
I collect cues and have both Pechauer and Schon. I feel the hit is comparable with a Pechauer cue and they do seem to be priced slighty less. Note there is definetly a different taper between the schon and pechaur cue so it will be a matter of personal preference as to which cue you prefer. I think the Schon taper is not as long as the pechauer taper. I would suggest you hit with both brands before you purchase and would recommend either of them.

James B
09-03-2002, 07:06 PM
I tried several Pechauers & the one I liked, did not screw together properly.

Wally_in_Cincy
09-04-2002, 06:28 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote: James B:</font><hr> I tried several Pechauers &amp; the one I liked, did not screw together properly. <hr></blockquote>

I think they're made that way. The thread is made to slightly interfere supposedly to make the connection more solid. Is that what you are referring to?

Someone please correct me if I'm mistaken.

James B
09-04-2002, 05:03 PM
No. When I discovered that flaw in the one I liked, I tried some others and they screwed together just fine.

Chris Cass
09-04-2002, 08:26 PM
Hi Griffith,

Just a note. Mark Wison is sponsored by Pechauer Cues. I also have seen a leather wrap by Peachauer and it was simply one of the best jobs I've seen. In my opinion the best wrap work with leather is done by Barry Szamboti and Peachauer. Invisible seam, great leather.

Regards,

C.C.

Harold Acosta
09-04-2002, 08:48 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote: griffith_d:</font><hr> I have read that some people think Pechauer cues are better than Schon for the money.

Give me your views.

Griff <hr></blockquote>

I have a Schon ST-7 which was my playing cue for the past 5 years. It had a couple of nicks and the wrap needed done, so I sent it in for a complete overhaul. New finish, wrap, and even my name on it. Paid almost $200 for the job, but I liked the cue that much that I thought it was very much worth it.

I haven't tried a Pechauer, although I have seen them and had them in my hands. On looks, I prefer the Schon over the Pechauers but then I havent been looking lately for a new cue....

Harold