PDA

View Full Version : Incredibly Interesting

Gayle in MD
11-21-2010, 05:17 PM
http://www.c-spanvideo.org/program/TheTou

Never knew how much effort had been spent by the United Confederacy Secessionists to cover up the history of the main cause and purpose of the Civil War, ....even the National Park Service took part, in squelching the information.

This program is very entertaining, and informative....

Also, the story of the slave, Harriet Jacobs, an incredible story told briefly during this presentation, and can be studied, more thoroughly here:

http://www.spartacus.schoolnet.co.uk/Sjacobs.htm

Enjoy...

G.

"You can never predict the behavior of wild animals, and all it takes is a split-second for an animal to attack and seriously maim or kill a person."

"Got a link for that Gayle?"

/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/grin.gif

wolfdancer
11-21-2010, 05:32 PM
You come up with some interesting topics and then even provide a link for them....much appreciated, but maybe not by everybody...
Hey, off topic (a bit)...but it is snowing here....and I see the neighborhood kids out enjoying it. We are up north, but seldom get any snow, just rain.
We had a storm a couple of years ago, that iced the roads in nearby Oregon.....it was almost comical,... almost, to see people not used to driving on icy roads, spinning out of control, they had some video of that on TV.
It reminded me of the Bay Area folks trying to drive to Reno in bad weather...a comedy of (driving) errors. No fatalities, just autos getting banged up.

Gayle in MD
11-21-2010, 06:19 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: wolfdancer</div><div class="ubbcode-body">You come up with some interesting topics and then even provide a link for them....much appreciated, but maybe not by everybody...
Hey, off topic (a bit)...but it is snowing here....and I see the neighborhood kids out enjoying it. We are up north, but seldom get any snow, just rain.
We had a storm a couple of years ago, that iced the roads in nearby Oregon.....it was almost comical,... almost, to see people not used to driving on icy roads, spinning out of control, they had some video of that on TV.
It reminded me of the Bay Area folks trying to drive to Reno in bad weather...a comedy of (driving) errors. No fatalities, just autos getting banged up. </div></div>

lol, I know what you mean! Some of our friends moved south, to retire, and they say the same thing, about the way they drive when it snows.

"You can never predict the behavior of wild animals, and all it takes is a split-second for an animal to attack and seriously maim or kill a person."

"Got a link for that, Gayle?" /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/grin.gif

wolfdancer
11-21-2010, 06:32 PM
I really saw that first hand when I lived in Atlanta,Ga...
A rare snow & ice storm, and cars were scattered all over the road. The big error was they would attempt to turn with their foot on the brake, and of course, lose steering.
What a great city though....

Gayle in MD
11-21-2010, 07:06 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: wolfdancer</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I really saw that first hand when I lived in Atlanta,Ga...
A rare snow & ice storm, and cars were scattered all over the road. The big error was they would attempt to turn with their foot on the brake, and of course, lose steering.
What a great city though.... </div></div>

I'm jealous you have snow.

I wish it was snowing here.

I love to watch it fall.

G,

Gayle in MD
11-22-2010, 07:01 AM
The right will not like this amazing presentation...by historians.

I believe that this event, the Virginia Civil War Sesquicentennnial Conference, held at Norfolk Virginia State, catalogs the actual historical birth of the prevasive denial, of facts, as we so often observe in the RW views.

It tells the stories, of the original deniers, of the right, and how they have fought to remove the facts of slavery, the cause of the Civpassed that condition down through generations, going back to the Civil War, which began in the South, and which continues to this day, ass evidenced by the recent effort, to rewrite history books, in Texas, and send them around the nation.

This will blow your mind! It is like....a peek inside the twisted thinking of the right, and tracing it's evolution going all the way back to the southern thinking, and resuloting denial, of the south.

A loog inside the scourge of RW propaganda, the recent AND historical history of how long these righties have been working in a consistant effort, to supress and distort history, still, as they seek to continue to propagandize the educational system, in Texas, for exmaple, and tell lies...to assuage their actual behavior.

Exposeshow they sought to supress the facts of the Civil War, and slavery, from historical presentations!

Even by surpressing historical facts....by limiting and

interfering with whatis and is not allowed to be discussed, by

by our National Park Service, on the Battlefields, of the Civil War!...as recently as 1998!

Always, to twist the truth, using the same old distortions, long created and implanted in RW twisted thinking, born in the South...
passed down through generations, of the southern Sessessionists...

exposes how recently, historians, and professors, have fought to present the true facts,finding the necessary documents, to present the true history, in order to preserve it for future generations.

It's like find the gene which continues to embrace RW denial, and tracing it's evolotuin, through the last two centuries.

Don't miss it!

G.

LWW
11-22-2010, 02:34 PM
What's amazing is how much effort the democrooks have put into hiding that they were the party of slavery ... and that the Knights of the Klu Klux Klan was fouunded as the paramilitary wing of the party ... and that the only POTUS to appoint a Klansman to the SCOTUS was the democrook demigod FDR ... and that the only Klansman in the US senate in recent history was Robert Carlyle Calvin Sales Byrd Junior.

LWW