PDA

View Full Version : iOS 4.2 is available

eg8r
11-22-2010, 02:13 PM
Hey, Deeman, you should go into iTunes and update the software on your iPad. You know have access to creating folders, multitasking, etc.

One nice benefit you should see in the near future is the addition of Airprint. Shortly there will be new printers coming out (and I suspect older wireless printers with a driver update) that support Airprint which will allow you to print your documents directly from your iPad.

Also, one thing I have been waiting for, Find my iPhone, is now free. You will be able to set it up on your iPad also and it will allow you to find a lost or stolen iPhone/iPad/iPod Touch. You can also remotely lock the device or wipe the drive clean which is a cool idea.

eg8r

Deeman3
11-22-2010, 03:28 PM
Ed,

Many thanks. Yes, this will be terrific. I have not bought all the business suite software just because I could not print via WII FI, now I can.

I have go pick up a wireless printer since I don't haveba work one now! /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif

Tori and I rode the bikes all day, mid seventies, tomorrow 80 degrees! Damn this unemployment/retirement is tough! /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif

Thanks, I'll let you know hownitnworks for me.

eg8r
11-22-2010, 07:24 PM
LOL, yes, your unemployment/retirement does sound nice. /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif

Right now there are only 10 printers that will work but more will come soon and eventually all manufacturers will utilize this capability.

eg8r

eg8r
11-22-2010, 07:59 PM
I just set up the "Find my iPhone" and it is pretty cool. Dee to do this you need to go into Settings, and click the mail option. Click "add account" and choose Mobile Me. Use your iTunes login account. Once you agree to the terms of service you will get an email. Go to the email and and respond. Once your phone is verified you can go to me.com and login in. It will show you phone on a map. At that point you can lock it, reset it, or send a message that will beep for up to 2 minutes (useful when trying to find the phone).

eg8r

Deeman3
11-22-2010, 08:19 PM
Thanks,

Can't wait to go printer shopping. I'll make sure to only buy the Airprint capable.