PDA

View Full Version : 10 Epic Failures of the Bush Tax Cuts

Qtec
11-23-2010, 02:43 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><span style='font-size: 14pt'>In a rare moment of candor last week, the third-ranking Republican in the House admitted the failure of the Bush tax cuts. </span>"You know, I think it's fair to say, if the current tax rates were enough to create jobs and generate economic growth we'd have a growing economy," Mike Pence acknowledged, adding, "It's not working now." Given that the Bush years produced the worst economic growth in the past 50 years, Pence is sadly correct.<span style='font-size: 14pt'> But sadder still is the dismal performance of the Bush economy across almost every indicator that counts.</span> From moribund job creation and sinking household incomes to skyrocketing deficits and record income inequality, <span style='font-size: 17pt'>Republican economic stewardship over the past decade has been a disaster.</span>

Here, then, are the 10 Epic Failures of the Bush Tax Cuts: </div></div>

indisputable evidence (http://crooksandliars.com/jon-perr/10-epic-failures-of-the-bush-tax-cuts)

Q

LWW
11-23-2010, 04:21 AM
You really should read your own links:

http://cdn.crooksandliars.com/files/vfs/2010/11/5_year_growth.jpg

If you had, which amazingly you never do, you would have found proof positive that the worst growth period on the chart was under the current democrook congress ... while the best in recent times was under the prior republican congress.

As an added bonus, had you looked at the data objectively you would have spared yourself yet another embarrassing moment.

http://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a247/lww/ONLINE%20ARGUMENTS/Snoopy.jpg

LWW

Gayle in MD
11-23-2010, 05:01 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Qtec</div><div class="ubbcode-body">

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><span style='font-size: 14pt'>In a rare moment of candor last week, the third-ranking Republican in the House admitted the failure of the Bush tax cuts. </span>"You know, I think it's fair to say, if the current tax rates were enough to create jobs and generate economic growth we'd have a growing economy," Mike Pence acknowledged, adding, "It's not working now." Given that the Bush years produced the worst economic growth in the past 50 years, Pence is sadly correct.<span style='font-size: 14pt'> But sadder still is the dismal performance of the Bush economy across almost every indicator that counts.</span> From moribund job creation and sinking household incomes to skyrocketing deficits and record income inequality, <span style='font-size: 17pt'>Republican economic stewardship over the past decade has been a disaster.</span>

Here, then, are the 10 Epic Failures of the Bush Tax Cuts: </div></div>

indisputable evidence (http://crooksandliars.com/jon-perr/10-epic-failures-of-the-bush-tax-cuts)

Q </div></div>

Yes, it is indisputable, but it will go right over the heads of the twists on here, who are too stupid to grasp that bad stewardship leaves behind it a runaway train on continued economic loss for the cxountry.

Once the Republicans send that train down the hill, with no brakes, and no steam, it takes an epic effort to turn it around, and get it chugging back uphill.

They like to ignore that little fact, same way they overlook the historic miserable failure of Republican economic policies.

Funny, how the right was cheering the growing deficits...saying it didn't matter, when Republicans were running them up.

G.

LWW
11-23-2010, 05:04 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Gayle in MD</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Funny, how the right was cheering the growing deficits...saying it didn't matter, when Republicans were running them up.

G. </div></div>

Got a link to that?

LWW

Qtec
11-23-2010, 05:36 AM
Of Course!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><span style='font-size: 20pt'>Former Treasury Secretary Paul O'Neill was told "deficits don't matter" when he warned of a looming fiscal crisis.
</span>
O'Neill, fired in a shakeup of Bush's economic team in December 2002, raised objections to a new round of tax cuts and said the president balked at his more aggressive plan to combat corporate crime after a string of accounting scandals because of opposition from "the corporate crowd," a key constituency.

O'Neill said he tried to warn Vice President Dick Cheney that growing budget deficits-expected to top $500 billion this fiscal year alone-posed a threat to the economy. Cheney cut him off. <span style='font-size: 20pt'>"You know, Paul, Reagan proved deficits don't matter,"</span> he said, according to excerpts. Cheney continued: "We won the midterms (congressional elections). This is our due." A month later, Cheney told the Treasury secretary he was fired. </div></div>

I guess you learned something today.

Q

Qtec
11-23-2010, 05:39 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">If you had, which amazingly you never do, you would have found proof positive that the worst growth period on the chart was under the current democrook congress </div></div>

So the VERY exact moment that Dems took control over both houses everything went ape s-it? <span style="color: #990000">Even before they actually did anything?</span>

What exactly did they do to screw eveything up? After all, it was all going so smoothly under Bush.

Q

Q

LWW
11-23-2010, 05:45 AM
I learned you often post things that are unlinked and expect them to be accepted.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">O'Neill was appointed Secretary of the Treasury by George W. Bush. O'Neill was an outspoken member of the administration, often saying things to the press that went against the administration's party line, and doing unusual things like taking a tour of Africa with singer Bono.

A report commissioned in 2002 by O'Neill, while he was Treasury Secretary, suggested the United States faced future federal budget deficits of more than US$ 500 billion. The report also suggested that sharp tax increases, massive spending cuts, or both would be unavoidable if the United States were to meet benefit promises to its future generations.</div></div>

Beyond that ... anyone believing the Bush regime was "RIGHT WING" is displaying that they have no clue as to the definitions of the words they are using.

OH DEAR! (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Paul_O%27Neill_(businessman))

LWW

LWW
11-23-2010, 05:45 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Qtec</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> <div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">If you had, which amazingly you never do, you would have found proof positive that the worst growth period on the chart was under the current democrook congress </div></div>

So the VERY exact moment that Dems took control over both houses everything went ape s-it? <span style="color: #990000">Even before they actually did anything?</span>

What exactly did they do to screw eveything up? After all, it was all going so smoothly under Bush.

Q

Q </div></div>

Actually it was about a year later ... once they had done something.

LWW

LWW
11-23-2010, 05:49 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Qtec</div><div class="ubbcode-body">

Q

Q </div></div>

1 - Explode the deficit.

2 - Send federal spending skyrocketing.

3 - Enact policies which were job destroyers.

4 - Run interference for FANNIE/FREDDIE.

5 - OBAMACARE.

6 - Install a fascist economy.

7 - Reverse welfare reform.

8 - Declare a desire to skyrocket energy prices.

9 - Attempt to enact tax and cap.

10 - Declare war on our oil supply.

11 - Alienate our allies.

12 - Bow to foreign leaders.

13 - Undermine the war effort.

14 - Undermine our electoral process.

15 - Lie repeatedly to the US people.

16 - Appoint an atty from the terrorists legal firm as USAG.

17 - Refuse to enforce US election law.

18 - Refuse to enforce US immigration law.

19 - Accept massive amounts of illegal foreign campaign money.

20 - Sell the party to George Soros.

Need I go on?

LWW

Qtec
11-23-2010, 05:54 AM
Under Bush?

Q

LWW
11-23-2010, 05:56 AM
Don't get testy with me because the graph in YOUR LINK proves me right.

You should be used to it by now.

LWW

Qtec
11-23-2010, 06:01 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Don't get testy with me because the graph in <u>YOUR LINK proves me right.</u> <span style="color: #990000"> Ok, we get it, we should just take your word for it.</span>

You should be used to it by now.

LWW </div></div>

<span style='font-size: 26pt'>Calling Deeman. Do you see this?????????????</span>

Is this another example of ,

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> He can and does present his case as well as anyone I have come across.</div></div>

.....or is just the same BS that we have come to expect from the great Debater?

Q

LWW
11-23-2010, 06:45 AM
[quote=Qtec] <div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Don't get testy with me because the graph in <u>YOUR LINK proves me right.</u> <span style="color: #990000"> Ok, we get it, we should just take your word for it.</span>

Q </div></div>

Actually ... I'm asking you to accept the graph which you linked to.

You have to face it that you have backed yourself into a corner. Again.

LWW