PDA

View Full Version : The end is nigh,

Qtec
11-23-2010, 04:04 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Two Israeli soldiers have each received a three-month suspended sentence for <u>forcing a nine-year- old Palestinian boy </u>to open bags during the Gaza war in January 2009.

One of the charges that Goldstone made was that Israeli troops used Palestinian civilians as human shields during operation, and last October, an Israeli court convicted two Israeli soldiers “of using a Palestinian boy as a human shield” during the 2008 offensive. The court’s “ruling said the two soldiers inappropriately <span style='font-size: 20pt'>ordered a 9-year-old boy to open bags they thought might contain explosive material.</span>”

</div></div>

link (http://thinkprogress.org/2010/11/22/israeli-judge-human-shield/)

How low can you go?

Q

LWW
11-23-2010, 04:23 AM
Do you want an honest answer to that?

LWW

Gayle in MD
11-23-2010, 05:06 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Qtec</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> <div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Two Israeli soldiers have each received a three-month suspended sentence for <u>forcing a nine-year- old Palestinian boy </u>to open bags during the Gaza war in January 2009.

One of the charges that Goldstone made was that Israeli troops used Palestinian civilians as human shields during operation, and last October, an Israeli court convicted two Israeli soldiers “of using a Palestinian boy as a human shield” during the 2008 offensive. The court’s “ruling said the two soldiers inappropriately <span style='font-size: 20pt'>ordered a 9-year-old boy to open bags they thought might contain explosive material.</span>”

</div></div>

link (http://thinkprogress.org/2010/11/22/israeli-judge-human-shield/)

How low can you go?

Q </div></div>

About as low as al Qaeda, I'd say, but I'm not surprised.

Little wonder the entire world, including the U.N., Europe, is finally more openly condemning the on-going inhumane policies of Israel. High time, I'd say, since they have commited war crimes.

G.

LWW
11-23-2010, 05:19 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Gayle in MD</div><div class="ubbcode-body">About as low as al Qaeda, I'd say, but I'm not surprised.

Little wonder the entire world, including the U.N., Europe, is finally more openly condemning the on-going inhumane policies of Israel. High time, I'd say, since they have commited war crimes.

G.
</div></div>

Really?

Are you sure you want to take that position?

LWW

Qtec
11-23-2010, 05:26 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: LWW</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Do you want an honest answer to that?

LWW </div></div>

Give it your best shot.

Q

LWW
11-23-2010, 05:38 AM
The perps are criminals who were tried.

The Arabs do the same thing except that instead of trying the perps they send cash bonuses to the families who sell their own children into becoming a homicide bomber.

Both sets of circumstances are heinous ... but to claim that the actions done by one side are morally equivalent to those used by the other side is ridiculous.

The Arabs have advocated genocide since at least the 1930's. If Israel wanted Arab muslims to be extinct they would have been extinct long ago. If the Israelis wanted the Arabs pushed into the sea, they would have been pushed into the sea long ago.

For once ... just <u><span style='font-size: 26pt'><span style='font-family: Arial Black'>ONCE</span></span></u> ... I would like to see the far left view this issue objectively.

LWW

cushioncrawler
11-23-2010, 03:02 PM
Hmmmm -- i kood be wrong -- but i thort jews were arabs.
macstein.

LWW
11-23-2010, 03:55 PM
Being a Jew is a religion just as being a Muslim is.

LWW

Deeman3
11-23-2010, 08:01 PM
Q,

I think this clearly inappropriate behavior but do you think that if the roles were reversed the Muslims would have prosecuted their own soldiers for it? Really, the very fact that the Jews arrested and prosecuted them demonstrates the difference in justice.

Again, we have never seen you express outrage at the terrorists launching attacks from inside communities with children who are then assured of being caught up in the counter attack. Why no appalled shock at the rockets launched into Jewish territory?

I admit being in the tank for Israel, why don't you admit your bias?

eg8r
11-23-2010, 08:30 PM
I cannot remember one single thread posted by him where he was upset about a Palestinian initiated fight where Israeli citizens, women and children, were targeted. Every post by him is that they were provoked and it is never ever the fault of the poor, pitiful, helpless Palestinians.

eg8r

cushioncrawler
11-24-2010, 01:59 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Hmmmm -- i kood be wrong -- but i thort jews were arabs. macStein.</div></div>Hmmmm -- i woz wrong. Jews and Arabs etc are semitic -- my mistake.
mac.

Qtec
11-24-2010, 02:07 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Deeman3</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Q,

I think this clearly inappropriate behavior but do you think that if the roles were reversed the Muslims would have prosecuted their own soldiers for it?</div></div>

"<u>Inappropriate</u>" Deeman ? What if it was your 9 year old kid?

BTW, what THEY would do is irrelevant.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> Really, the very fact that the Jews arrested and prosecuted them demonstrates the difference in justice.</div></div>

A 3 month suspended sentence is what they got.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Again, we have never seen you express outrage at the terrorists launching attacks from inside communities with children who are then assured of being caught up in the counter attack. Why no appalled shock at the rockets launched into Jewish territory?</div></div>

Despite what eg8r or anyone else says I have always condemned indiscriminate attacks, on both sides. When there were suicide bombings on buses in Israel I condemned it. Sure, I said I could understand why they were doing it but that's totally different from agreeing with it.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I admit being in the tank for Israel, why don't you admit your bias? </div></div>

If you call being more for the oppressed, rather than the oppressors, then yes, I am biased.

http://thinkprogress.org/wp-content/uploads/2010/11/Rabah.jpg

See the wall in the background? Those holes were not made by termites.

Q

eg8r
11-24-2010, 08:04 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Despite what eg8r or anyone else says I have always condemned indiscriminate attacks, on both sides.</div></div>Prove it. Give us some links to show your "fairness".

eg8r

Gayle in MD
11-24-2010, 09:06 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Qtec</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Deeman3</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Q,

I think this clearly inappropriate behavior but do you think that if the roles were reversed the Muslims would have prosecuted their own soldiers for it?</div></div>

"<u>Inappropriate</u>" Deeman ? What if it was your 9 year old kid?

BTW, what THEY would do is irrelevant.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> Really, the very fact that the Jews arrested and prosecuted them demonstrates the difference in justice.</div></div>

A 3 month suspended sentence is what they got.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Again, we have never seen you express outrage at the terrorists launching attacks from inside communities with children who are then assured of being caught up in the counter attack. Why no appalled shock at the rockets launched into Jewish territory?</div></div>

Despite what eg8r or anyone else says I have always condemned indiscriminate attacks, on both sides. When there were suicide bombings on buses in Israel I condemned it. Sure, I said I could understand why they were doing it but that's totally different from agreeing with it.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I admit being in the tank for Israel, why don't you admit your bias? </div></div>

If you call being more for the oppressed, rather than the oppressors, then yes, I am biased.

http://thinkprogress.org/wp-content/uploads/2010/11/Rabah.jpg

See the wall in the background? Those holes were not made by termites.

Q

</div></div>

Dee uses those same arguments against me, also.

Forget that I am against any violence against innocent people.

Israel broke International War Crimes, period. They have committed acts of inhumanity over years, and years.

Anything and everything they do, the right, and Republicans, justify it, even when they flip our presidents, the bird, these righties defend it. Even when they block medicine, food and water, for innocent Palestinain children, the right defends them.

This argument, of justifying inhumane behavior, by pointing to what the other group did, doesn't fly. In fact, inhumane actions, cannot be justified, regardless of who commits them.

But there is no reasonning with people who woulod cheer the use of torture.

G.