PDA

View Full Version : Cricket

eg8r
11-23-2010, 08:35 PM
Anyone every play? I have been asked to play in a cricket tournament in a few weeks and I have never even watched 5 minutes of this game. I thought, heck, I have always been a powerful hitter this should be no problem. LOL, I thought that till I saw the pitcher bouncing the ball at the batter. Not sure what I have signed up for to be honest. /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif

eg8r

Deeman3
11-23-2010, 09:18 PM
I have watched many matches in Europe and India. My best English friend tried to explain it over several months but he and I finally gave up. Leg before wicket, Silly Mid on and calling a death match a Friendly, come on! Their English by Gads and it makes no sense whatsoever! /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif

cushioncrawler
11-24-2010, 02:10 AM
eg might get a chance to bowl a maiden over.
My bet iz that he will be caught in slips.
I suggest that eg wear a box, and a hard hat -- a cricket ball iz hard hard hard -- imagin playing baseball with a giant golfball.
mac.

LWW
11-24-2010, 04:58 AM
HERE GOES (http://www.cricket-rules.com/)

LWW

Qtec
11-24-2010, 05:24 AM
OK. Here goes. [You owe me for this one. /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/cool.gif :)]

Get out your old college football kit. The helmet,the padding and then some.
They say that the hardest thing on earth is a diamond. I disagree. Its a cricket ball - believe me, you don't want a cricket ball to hit you, anywhere!

There, I possibly saved your life, don't thank me for it. /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/grin.gif

Q /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smirk.gif ...........WANTS to keep eg8r alive. /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/grin.gif,

LWW
11-24-2010, 05:51 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Qtec</div><div class="ubbcode-body">you don't want a cricket ball to hit you, anywhere!

Q /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smirk.gif ...........WANTS to keep eg8r alive. /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/grin.gif, </div></div>

See ... we can agree.

LWW

eg8r
11-24-2010, 09:53 AM
From what I understand we will be practicing with a tennis ball wrapped in taped over and over. It becomes quite hard and practicing on pavement where the ball moves faster than normal. That way when we get to the field it won't seem to be going as fast. I don't want to get hit though so I will be extra cautious.

eg8r

Deeman3
11-24-2010, 11:50 AM
I actually have new cricket ball somewhere in my stuff here. It is red, between the size of a baseball and softball and a bit harder than a baseball! I had a bat but gave it away to a kid in India. Although hard, it seems to be the same weight of a softball.

Good luck. When do you play?

Deeman3
11-24-2010, 11:51 AM
On occasion they actually play for ashes! I think they are the ashes of an old wicket from way back in history.

eg8r
11-24-2010, 12:15 PM
Thanks.

eg8r