PDA

View Full Version : Obama toughens stance on North Korea!

LWW
11-25-2010, 05:52 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">CAEN, France (AP) — His patience tested, President Barack Obama on Saturday
promised a new and stronger response to defiant North Korea, saying that while he prefers diplomacy he is now taking a "very hard look" at making a speech.

<span style='font-size: 11pt'>"We are not intending to continue a policy of rewarding provocation,"</span> he said, alluding to recent North Korea nuclear and missile tests. <span style='font-size: 11pt'>“North Korea must understand that if they do not change and continue on the path that they are on, that the potential is there that they’re going to have to suffer through at least one hour of me in front of a Tele-Prompter,”</span> he added.

President Obama also stated, <span style='font-size: 11pt'>"We are going to take a very hard look at this option. I don't think that there should be an assumption that we will simply continue down a path, in which North Korea is constantly destabilizing the region and we just react in the same ways, after they've done these things for a while, then we reward them. I can‘t think of a better punishment than giving them one of my barn-burners"</span> Obama said.

North Korea response was as defiant as ever. North Korean Government spokesperson Yong -Il stated, “He can apologize for America’s misdeeds all he wants in a speech directed toward us. We could care less.”

However, there were signs that the North Korean regime might be worried as to this new American tactic. North Korean diplomats at the United Nations have inquired if sitting through an hour of an Obama speech might be considered torture under present U.N definitions.

<span style='font-size: 11pt'>Administration officials have also talked in recent days of possible further penalties against North Korea, already one of the most isolated nations. Defense Secretary Robert Gates has advised Asian allies that additional copies of “The Audacity of Hope” have been translated in Korean and could be delivered to North Korea ahead of the proposed speech.</span></div></div>

I LOVE CUBE HUMOR (http://thepeoplescube.com/peoples-blog/obama-threatens-speech-to-north-korea-t3542.html)

LWW

llotter
11-25-2010, 07:44 PM
I just don't know how anyone could survive a more than one or two of those terrifying speeches.

eg8r
11-25-2010, 07:48 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
"We are not intending to continue a policy of rewarding provocation," he said, alluding to recent North Korea nuclear and missile tests. “North Korea must understand that if they do not change and continue on the path that they are on, that the potential is there that they’re going to have to suffer through at least one hour of me in front of a Tele-Prompter,” he added.

</div></div>Pretty funny. /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif

eg8r

Deeman3
11-25-2010, 09:03 PM
/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif

Chopstick
11-26-2010, 10:36 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
"We are not intending to continue a policy of rewarding provocation," he said, alluding to recent North Korea nuclear and missile tests. “North Korea must understand that if they do not change and continue on the path that they are on, that the potential is there that they’re going to have to suffer through at least one hour of me in front of a Tele-Prompter,” he added.
</div></div>

OH NO!!!!

Not......

<span style='font-size: 14pt'>THE TOTUS!</span>