PDA

View Full Version : Stan talks Obama...

eg8r
11-25-2010, 09:37 AM
Happy Thanksgiving. I was pretty confident I would not be viewing this forum today but after reading about my beloved Magic I just had to make a quick post. I have always liked Stan "Ron Jeremy" Van Gundy and this quote from him was quite funny.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Even Magic coach Stan Van Gundy, told of Obama's comments, joined in the fun.

"I know there's a lot of time in the day, but I'd be more confident if he didn't know what was going on in the NBA," Van Gundy said, chuckling about Obama's remarks. "We got to get some people back to work. I don't think he needs to be worried about turning the Heat around. Let [Heat coach] Erik [Spoelstra] worry about that, because Erik certainly isn't turning the economy around."

</div></div>Now one of the things I really like about this President is that he seems to be a down to earth kind of guy. Definitely someone that I could hang out with if politics were never brought up. It did lead me to think about how often Congress is busy dealing with the non-important things like steroids. All Obama was doing was answering a question but I think the quote would have been a direct hit if referred to Congress.

eg8r

sack316
11-25-2010, 10:40 AM
yeah saw that comment, thought it was funny /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif

And how 'bout them "gonna break the Bull's record but are currently only 1 game over .500" Heat? Meanwhile the rarely talked about Spurs, whose "stars" are an aged Tim Duncan and a guy who is famous because of his (soon to be ex) wife are dominating. Really shows how team chemistry can trump talent and star power. But guess that's another thread altogether...

I also kind of like that Obama is down to Earth and follows sports. I mean, I want to say he should focus on important things... but hell I know if I was President you better not disturb me during Auburn football or a Cubs game unless a war has just broke out... and even then I may just say "defer to my VP for the next 3 or 4 hours" /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/wink.gif

Sack