PDA

View Full Version : New Yorker Takes ON Fox/Beck

Gayle in MD
11-26-2010, 10:13 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> Puppetry
by Hendrik Hertzberg November 29, 2010

It’s hardly news when Fox News airs something nasty. This time, though, it’s personal—or, at least, institutional. Recently, the nation’s highest-rated cable-news network’s biggest star devoted three hour-long episodes of his program to an attack on a single prominent citizen. The in-house advance publicity for these broadcasts was lavish. A promotional spot, distilling to thirty seconds the moral essence of the programs it advertised, is worth describing in full.

</div></div>

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Call us oversensitive, but when our efforts are shanghaied like a nineteenth-century sailor and forced to work as a deckhand aboard a ship of lies, we can’t help getting our hackles up. You don’t have to be a professional semiotician to see that the Glenn Beck promo is intended to leave the impression that George Soros, the hedge-fund investor and funder of anti-totalitarian and liberal causes, is an anti-Semite; that he was somehow complicit in the Holocaust; and that he is an enemy of Israel. These are lies—lies told by innuendo, but lies all the same. The promo’s shard of truth is that “The World According to Soros” was indeed published in The New Yorker. Its author was Connie Bruck. (“Bruc” is a Fox flub, not a Fox fib.) The quotes from it, though accurately transcribed, are made to function as lies by being placed in an utterly mendacious context. Bruck’s article is the “source” of these smears only in the sense that the brooks of the Catskills are the “source” of New York City’s sewage.

George Soros, born in Budapest in 1930, spent his boyhood hiding in plain sight from the Nazis and their local nationalist-Fascist surrogates. He survived, despite some frighteningly close calls, because his father disguised the family’s Jewishness with forged documents and fake identities. As a teen-ager, Soros witnessed the early years of Communist dictatorship. He immigrated alone to England, studied at the London School of Economics, and discovered that he had a feel for financial markets. In 1956, he took a job on Wall Street. (In New York, he was joined by his parents, who had become refugees after Soviet tanks crushed the Hungarian Revolution.) He made himself wealthy; he currently ranks as No. 35 on the Forbes list of the richest people in the world. Soros made and makes his billions in the amoral world of stock and currency speculation; he gives them away in a quite different spirit, but with the same eye for leverage. He provided crucial support to civil-society movements throughout the Soviet bloc. He probably did more than any other private citizen in the West to nudge European Communism into history’s dustbin. While his pro-democracy initiatives continue (Burma is a current area of focus), he has lately added a large domestic component, including funding for liberal policy institutes and advocacy groups. And he spent millions in support of the Presidential candidacies of John Kerry and Barack Obama.

Apart from the forged documents and fake identities (and, of course, the support for Democrats), viewers of Fox News learned none of this from Beck. The promo was bad; the programs were worse. Beck pictured Soros as a deeply evil figure, a shadowy manipulator whose marionettes include unions, the Democratic Party, the media, and the President; a rapacious financier who seeks to subvert and destroy the American republic in order to satisfy his own greed for money and advance his plot to establish an all-powerful global state under his control. As it happens, these tropes correspond uncannily to those of classical anti-Semitism. This was too much for many who recognized the resemblance; Beck’s denouncers included not only the Anti-Defamation League but also Commentary, the neoconservative organ, and Reason, the libertarian bible. Certainly, the vast bulk of Beck’s fans didn’t recognize the tropes; probably he didn’t, either. “The Protocols of the Elders of Zion” is not among the books he recommends to his fans. (“The Red Network,” by Elizabeth Dilling, to whom President Eisenhower was “Ike the Kike” and President Kennedy’s program the “Jew Frontier,” however, is.)

</div></div>

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">The ugliest single sentence Beck uttered that week came on his radio program, which supplements his TV show. “Here’s a Jewish boy helping send the Jews to the death camps,” he said, referring to Soros, age thirteen. That’s no ordinary libel—it’s more akin to the blood variety. It was Beck’s ruminations on the Jewish Question that exhausted the patience of some conservatives, but that is a relatively minor aspect of his malicious crusade against Soros. Early in the first of his three hours, he set forth his theme, illustrating his alchemical talent for turning facts into lies:

Soros has helped fund the Velvet Revolution in the Czech Republic, the Orange Revolution in the Ukraine, the Rose Revolution in Georgia. He also helped engineer coups in Slovakia, Croatia, and Yugoslavia. So, what is his target now? Us. America.

<span style='font-size: 17pt'>Relying on his audience’s naďveté, Beck never mentions that all these uniformly peaceful “revolutions” were against Communist or post-Communist dictatorships. (As for the coups in the Balkans, there have been none to engineer.) The falsehoods quickly spin out into pathology; the next day, Beck is accusing Soros of plotting a Weimar-like inflation—“$11.43 for an ear of corn! One ear!”—in order to “reap obscene profits” and “bring America to her knees.” But enough. Too much of this can be hazardous to your health.</span>

Beck is often dismissed as an “entertainer”—the Rush Limbaugh excuse, calculated to make critics out to be stuffed shirts who can’t take a joke. Beck is nobody’s puppet, but he does have masters: Fox News and the News Corporation. Their respective chief executive officers, Roger Ailes and Rupert Murdoch, are the responsible—which is to say, irresponsible—parties. In an interview last week, Ailes had this to say about his National Public Radio counterparts: “They are, of course, Nazis. They have a kind of Nazi attitude. They are the left wing of Nazism.” No wonder that, for Beck, there are no strings attached. There don’t have to be. ♦

</div></div>

http://www.newyorker.com/talk/comment/2010/11/29/101129taco_talk_hertzberg

LWW
11-27-2010, 03:07 AM
Are you honestly not aware of Georgie's history of currency manipulations and fraud? A felon wanted in France ... the man who broke the bank of England ... the man who set of the SE Asia crisis ... possibly why the left loves him?

LWW

hippiepool
11-27-2010, 10:34 AM
And are you aware that Dubya will be arrested and charged with being a war criminal .......?

pooltchr
11-27-2010, 10:45 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: hippiepool</div><div class="ubbcode-body">And are you aware that Dubya will be arrested and charged with being a war criminal .......? </div></div>

Do you have some facts to back up this claim, or is it just typical leftist babbling?

Steve

LWW
11-27-2010, 11:38 AM
Facts to hippie are like pork rinds to Osama.

LWW

hondo
11-27-2010, 05:39 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: LWW</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Facts to hippie are like pork rinds to Osama.

LWW </div></div>

Where does the racism end with this guy?!?!?!
I'm starting to believe that lww lied about being black.

LWW
11-28-2010, 05:10 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: hondo</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: LWW</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Facts to hippie are like pork rinds to Osama.

LWW </div></div>

I'm starting to believe that lww lied about being black. </div></div>

Do y'all git no nooze in the West Virginny hollers and trailerhoods?

Here's some things they seem to have never told you:

1 - Osama isn't black.

2 - Osama is an Arab.

3 - Osama is a muslim.

4 - Blacks and Arabs have no natural aversion or compulsion to pork rinds.

5 - Muslims have a religious aversion to pork rinds ... much like you and hippie have a religious aversion to truth.

6 - You are proving, by your own words, to be either a troll or am uneducated parrot.

LWW

Qtec
11-28-2010, 05:43 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: LWW</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: hondo</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: LWW</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Facts to hippie are like pork rinds to Osama.

LWW </div></div>

1 - Osama isn't black.

2 - Osama is an Arab.

3 - Osama is a muslim.

5 - Muslims have a religious aversion to pork rinds ... much like you and hippie have a religious aversion to truth.

6 - You are proving, by your own words, to be either a troll or am uneducated parrot.

LWW </div></div>

Now we see the true LWW. Obama is a non-white Arab Muslim....not an American citizen.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><span style='font-size: 26pt'>Religious restrictions on the consumption of pork are a tradition in the Ancient Near East.</span> Swine were prohibited in ancient Syria.[1] and Phoenicia,[2] and the pig and its flesh represented a taboo observed, Strabo noted, at Comana in Pontus[3] A lost poem of Hermesianax, reported centuries later by the traveller Pausanias, reported an etiological myth of Attis destroyed by a supernatural boar to account for the fact that "in consequence of these events the Galatians who inhabit Pessinous do not touch pork.[4]

<span style='font-size: 20pt'>Such restrictions exist in Jewish dietary laws (Kashrut), and in Muslim dietary laws </span>(Halal), it originates first from the laws of <span style='font-size: 20pt'>the Hebrew Bible</span>, and later reinforced for the Muslims in the Quran.[citation needed]

Also among Christians, <span style='font-size: 20pt'>Seventh-day Adventists consider pork taboo, along with other foods forbidden by Jewish law.</span> Many Eastern Orthodox and Oriental Orthodox groups also discourage pork consumption, although, with the exception of the Ethiopian Orthodox Church, the proscription is rarely enforced. </div></div>

If Obama is a Muslim, why did you guys attack him because he went for 20 yrs to the same Christian church?

Q....because you are a hypocrite of course.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Muslims have a religious aversion to pork rinds </div></div>

So do Jews...Jew hater , anti-Semitic that you are.

LWW
11-28-2010, 05:49 AM
Can you show me where I mentioned Obama or Jews at all? What's that? You can't?

The only folks in this thread who have a difficulty telling the difference between Osama and Obama are Snoopy and Aitch.

I'm quite confident that even hippie can tell the difference on that one.

In fact, long ago I predicted that hippie would tower as an intellectual giant in comparison to the leftists on this board.

Thanks for the confirmation.

Again.
http://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a247/lww/ONLINE%20ARGUMENTS/Snoopy.jpg

LWW

Qtec
11-28-2010, 06:04 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">The only folks in this thread who have a difficulty telling the difference between Osama and Obama are Snoopy and Aitch. </div></div>

yeah yeah..we got it.

How about,

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> Facts to hippie are like pork rinds to a Rabbi.

LWW </div></div>

Q

LWW
11-28-2010, 06:17 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Qtec</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> <div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">The only folks in this thread who have a difficulty telling the difference between Osama and Obama are Snoopy and Aitch. </div></div>

yeah yeah..we got it.

How about,

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> Facts to hippie are like pork rinds to a Rabbi.

LWW </div></div>

Q </div></div>

Very good ... except that:

1 - You had to fabricate the quote, showing again how proudly you will immerse yourself in a lie.

2 - A rabbi is a Jewish religious figure and does not designate race.

3 - A rabbi is not a single person such as Osama.

4 - You are only making yourself look worse each time you pursue this further.

LWW

hondo
11-28-2010, 07:06 AM
Aren't you just a little ashamed of yourself?
I know you would never admit it, but, seriously?
You make racist comments about Obama.
Then you say he isn't black.
Then you say you weren't really talking about him.

Sometimes I wonder how low you can go.
He'd never admit but even your sidekick has to
embarrassed for you over these posts.

hondo
11-28-2010, 07:08 AM
No, he's not.
Trust me, you're the one making a fool out of yourself.

My advice. Run from this thread as fast as you can. It's only going to get worse.

Sev
11-28-2010, 07:53 AM
Soros needs a 3400 fps adjustment.

LWW
11-28-2010, 08:39 AM
It's true what they say about you ... your dishonesty has no limits.

LWW

Gayle in MD
11-28-2010, 09:21 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: hondo</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Aren't you just a little ashamed of yourself?
I know you would never admit it, but, seriously?
You make racist comments about Obama.
Then you say he isn't black.
Then you say you weren't really talking about him.

Sometimes I wonder how low you can go.
He'd never admit but even your sidekick has to
embarrassed for you over these posts.
</div></div>

Dear friend,
This person is so far beneath both you, and Q., he isn't worth your time.

Cyberstalkers are bullies. Bullies are people who don't like themselves. Nothing can change that. This forum, is stacked against the left. They can get away with any and every breaking of the rules, yet they remain.

If one from the left hits the notify icon, it is considered breaking the rules, regardless of how much filth, slander, and attacking they have had to endure from the sicko cyberstalkers.

The notify icon is only for righties, obviously.

They have now sidetracked yet another thread, exposing their hero, Beck, and Fux Noise....

G.

hondo
11-28-2010, 10:17 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: LWW</div><div class="ubbcode-body">It's true what they say about you ... your dishonesty has no limits.

LWW </div></div>

Oh, forget it.

LWW
11-28-2010, 02:59 PM
Ah say, ah say, ah say aitch ... don't get pizzy with me because you can't tell the difference between Osama and Obama and then lie to cover it up.

As a token of peace however, here's a ... I say a joke aitch.

What do Osama and Obama have in common?

They both have friends who bombed the Pentagon.

LWW &lt;--- Can't stand pork rinds.

hondo
11-28-2010, 03:02 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: LWW</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Ah say, ah say, ah say aitch ... don't get pizzy with me because you can't tell the difference between Osama and Obama and then lie to cover it up.

LWW &lt;--- Can't stand pork rinds. </div></div>

Be honest and add Bush and Cheney to that joke and it's even sadder. Right?

LWW
11-28-2010, 03:28 PM
Explain what friends of Bush and Cheney bombed the Pentagon and then apologize to the POTUS for not being able to tell the difference between him and Osama Bin Laden.

LWW

Gayle in MD
11-28-2010, 05:02 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: hondo</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: LWW</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Ah say, ah say, ah say aitch ... don't get pizzy with me because you can't tell the difference between Osama and Obama and then lie to cover it up.

LWW &lt;--- Can't stand pork rinds. </div></div>

Be honest and add Bush and Cheney to that joke and it's even sadder. Right? </div></div>

IIRC, it is the BUSH FAMILY which has been in business with the bin Ladens, for decades, not our current preisdent.

Our current President, was NEVER FRIENDS, with any terrorists, neither foreign nor domestic.

That was yet another lie formented by the disgusting gross opportunist, and bad mother, Sarah Palin, which has been exposed as a lie, since before the election.

We all know how to read between the lines of a fool, right hondo? Right Q?

G.

Gayle in MD
11-28-2010, 05:07 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: hippiepool</div><div class="ubbcode-body">And are you aware that Dubya will be arrested and charged with being a war criminal .......? </div></div>

Let's not allow LWW and Steve to divert yet another thread.

I've asked them both to stay out of my threads.

Some people are so obnoxious, they c ontinue to show up where they are clearly not invited, nor wanted.

All they seek to do is to ruin every thread, by diverting the thread, away from the subject.

Total ignore, is probaly the best way to deal with cybersalkers, who refuse to go their own way.

G.

eg8r
11-29-2010, 09:13 AM
lww typed oSama. He was referring to Bin Laden. You guys reacted as if he had mentioned oBama. If he had done that, then his sentence would not have made the point he was trying to make. He is trying to say you guys reject facts just like OBL rejects pork.

He did this on purpose because he knew you would jump to conclusions instead of actually reading what was posted. You saw O ama and just added the B. The "s" was there the whole time but you did not want to see it because you had "race baiting" on your mind.

eg8r

hondo
11-29-2010, 09:45 AM
Hmmm. You could be right.
I just figured he mis-spelled it.
I never realized he was that deep.
Wow, that there lww dude is a right fart smeller!

What I really meant was smart feller.

eg8r
11-29-2010, 09:50 AM
I don't give him too much credit for doing any thinking up front but in the end that is how it seems to have panned out.

eg8r

hondo
11-29-2010, 10:43 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: eg8r</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I don't give him too much credit for doing any thinking up front but in the end that is how it seems to have panned out.

eg8r </div></div>

/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/laugh.gif /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/laugh.gif

LWW
11-29-2010, 03:55 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: eg8r</div><div class="ubbcode-body">He did this on purpose because he knew you would jump to conclusions instead of actually reading what was posted.

eg8r </div></div>

I wish I was as smart as you give me credit for being.

I actually never thought it would be misinterpreted and then never believed that even the duh-namic duo would continue with that moronic argument after it had been pointed out to them how they had misread the post based on their spoon fed orders to see racism against O<u><span style='font-family: Arial Black'><span style='font-size: 26pt'>B</span></span></u>ama in everything..

Again, they proved me wrong and I was holding the bar far too high for them ... and for this I apologize.

LWW

hondo
11-29-2010, 04:02 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: LWW</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: eg8r</div><div class="ubbcode-body">He did this on purpose because he knew you would jump to conclusions instead of actually reading what was posted.

eg8r </div></div>

I wish I was as smart as you give me credit for being.

LWW </div></div>

We all wish that.

LWW
05-02-2011, 10:55 AM
I have fond memories of this thread.

One must, however, read the thread to get the following:

LWW: "What a great day, Osama is dead."

aitch: "What? What happenedd?"

LWW: "Where have you been? He was killed last night."

Snoopy: "You’re kidding me. Who killed him?"

LWW: "US Navy Seals."

aitch/Snoopy: <span style='font-size: 11pt'>"US Navy Seals killed the POTUS?"</span>

wolfdancer
05-02-2011, 02:12 PM
let's hope !!!

Gayle in MD
05-02-2011, 03:43 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: wolfdancer</div><div class="ubbcode-body">let's hope !!! </div></div>

Do you see what this idiot troll did?

Look at the dates on these last few posts. Look who pulled up this ancient thread, today!

Remember what I told you this morning?

/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smirk.gif /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/crazy.gif

So obvious and transparent!!! /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/crazy.gif /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smirk.gif For a such a "Sherlock" as he, huh? /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smirk.gif

G. /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/wink.gif

pooltchr
05-02-2011, 04:18 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Gayle in MD</div><div class="ubbcode-body">

</div></div>

Sounds like you got your marching orders today, woofie. Do not forget what she tells you!!

Steve

LWW
05-02-2011, 05:18 PM
That's not nice Ms Adkins.

wolfdancer
05-02-2011, 05:22 PM
It's Mrs Adkins, not Ms. Any reply she writes to your weak
"put downs" attempts...does not call for her being polite.
You don't merit "nice" from anyone.

LWW
05-02-2011, 05:23 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: wolfdancer</div><div class="ubbcode-body">http://farm5.static.flickr.com/4075/4891543988_9aaff73836.jpg
<span style='font-size: 26pt'>I MUST OBEY MY ORDERS ...</span>
<span style='font-size: 23pt'>I MUST OBEY MY ORDERS ...</span>
<span style='font-size: 20pt'>I MUST OBEY MY ORDERS ...</span>
<span style='font-size: 17pt'>I MUST OBEY MY ORDERS ...</span>
<span style='font-size: 14pt'>I MUST OBEY MY ORDERS ...</span>
<span style='font-size: 11pt'>I MUST OBEY MY ORDERS ...</span>
<span style='font-size: 8pt'>I MUST OBEY MY ORDERS ...</span>
<span style='font-size: 8pt'>I MUST OBEY MY ORDERS ...</span>
</div></div>

LWW
05-02-2011, 05:25 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: wolfdancer</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_nsYhxWhXxSY/S-jYre2bVWI/AAAAAAAAAgw/ZiU40yEgqc8/s1600/1snarling_gray_wolf-med.jpg </div></div>

wolfdancer
05-02-2011, 05:43 PM
I believe that you already iz obeying, and jes ain'ts aware of it. You seem to be following the subliminal messages that are broadcast, along with the Fox Newspeak.
While the NY Times motto is "All the news that's fit to print"
The Fox news team of Winken, Blinken,and Nod, doesn't seem to have any such ethos to uphold. Their motto?
"Let's run this up on the Fox flagpole, and see if anybody will salute it"

LWW
05-03-2011, 03:38 AM
Imitation is the sincerest form of flattery woofie.

Now, did you have any comment on the fact that your fellow bots are so blinded by hate that they can't tell the difference between Obama and Osama?

LWW
05-03-2011, 04:04 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: pooltchr</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Gayle in MD</div><div class="ubbcode-body">

</div></div>

Sounds like you got your marching orders today, woofie. Do not forget what she tells you!!

Steve </div></div>

I guess he must be a bubba that doesn't know his place.

DickLeonard
05-04-2011, 04:47 PM
pooltchr I do know that there is a Wanted Poster for GWB in Switzerland. Of course we all know that it is a crime to invade countries.

Of course I am a twenty year subscriber to the New Yorker. I just read the Jokes as any Dumb Boob would. ####

LWW
05-05-2011, 02:39 AM
So you think Obama is a war criminal for invading Pakistan?

So you think Clinton was a war criminal for invading Bosnia?

DickLeonard
06-04-2011, 09:08 PM
LWW I think. GWB is wanted as a War Criminal. Bill Clinton is called President of the World. I think they both should go on a World Speaking Tour. Then we will see who doesn't get arrested.####

Qtec
06-05-2011, 02:48 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Where does the racism end with this guy?!?!?! </div></div>

Yeah. The fact that he posted it shows that he is too far gone.

Q

Qtec
06-05-2011, 02:56 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">So you think Obama is a war criminal for <span style='font-size: 17pt'>invading </span>Pakistan? </div></div>

I guess I missed that. When did that happen? What date was that?

As usual, you are talking BS.

Q

LWW
06-05-2011, 04:52 AM
LINKIE (http://abcnews.go.com/Blotter/osama-bin-laden-killed/story?id=13505703)

LWW
06-05-2011, 04:56 AM
And a big shout out to Snoopy for bringing this thread back from obscurity.

It's good for the forum to see what nits you and aitch truly are ... equating Osama to Obama.

I guess that's what happens from watching KeithO so much.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Qtec</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: LWW</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: hondo</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: LWW</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Facts to hippie are like pork rinds to Osama.

LWW </div></div>

1 - Osama isn't black.

2 - Osama is an Arab.

3 - Osama is a muslim.

LWW </div></div>

Now we see the true LWW. Obama is a non-white Arab Muslim....not an American citizen.</div></div>

pooltchr
06-05-2011, 07:26 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: DickLeonard</div><div class="ubbcode-body">LWW I think. GWB is wanted as a War Criminal. </div></div>

I have heard this same claim from another poster here and asked for some documentation to back it up, with no response. Perhaps you would be good enough to give us something to lend some credibility to this claim.

Steve

LWW
06-05-2011, 07:30 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: pooltchr</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: DickLeonard</div><div class="ubbcode-body">LWW I think. GWB is wanted as a War Criminal. </div></div>

I have heard this same claim from another poster here and asked for some documentation to back it up, with no response. Perhaps you would be good enough to give us something to lend some credibility to this claim.

Steve </div></div>

You can hear anything from this crowd.

Soflasnapper
06-05-2011, 10:22 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: pooltchr</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: DickLeonard</div><div class="ubbcode-body">LWW I think. GWB is wanted as a War Criminal. </div></div>

Steve </div></div>

June 5, 2011
Bush cancels visit to Switzerland after arrest threat

Read more: http://dailycaller.com/2011/02/08/bush-c.../#ixzz1OQ2sNLXy (http://dailycaller.com/2011/02/08/bush-cancels-visit-to-switzerland-after-arrest-threat/#ixzz1OQ2sNLXy)

Rumsfeld cancels trip to Germany, fears being prosecuted for war crimes

http://forums.zgeek.com/gallery/data/thumbnails/1/rummy.pngUS Defence Secretary Donald Rumsfeld cancelled a planned visit to Germany after a US human rights organisation asked German authorities to prosecute him for war crimes, Deutsche Presse-Agentur (dpa) has learned.

Rumsfeld has informed the German government via the US embassy that he will not take part in the Munich Security Conference in February, conference head Horst Teltschik told dpa on Thursday.

The New York-based Centre for Constitutional Rights filed a complaint in December with the Federal German Prosecutor's Office against Rumsfeld accusing him of war crimes and torture in connection with detainee abuses at Iraq's Abu Ghraib prison.

Rumsfeld made it known immediately after the complaint was filed that he would not attend the Munich conference unless Germany quashed the legal action.

link (http://www.zgeek.com/showthread.php/29405-Rumsfeld-cancels-trip-to-Germany-fears-being-prosecuted-for-war-crimes)

-----------------------------

pooltchr
06-05-2011, 10:32 AM
Oh, so it's not Germany, but rather a US based liberal organization that is trying to get another government to bring charges against him.

I'm starting to see the light!

Steve

LWW
06-05-2011, 10:40 AM
In case you didn't know ... they live in an artificial reality.

Soflasnapper
06-05-2011, 11:16 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: pooltchr</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Oh, so it's not Germany, but rather a US based liberal organization that is trying to get another government to bring charges against him.

I'm starting to see the light!

Steve </div></div>

You're forgetting to see that both Bush and Rumsfeld took it seriously enough to cancel planned trips overseas. That is, it was quite a bit more than theoretical.

Here's the way it works. The human rights treaties make their terms enforceable by any signatory state-- it's called universal jurisdiction. This is how Pinochet was eventually brought before the World Court or wherever he was charged and tried on his human rights abuses. Somebody, I think Spain, perhaps, waited until he was on their soil and then executed the arrest warrant.

How does the world court that handles these things get started on a particular matter? They get a charge referred to them, which they check out. That referral has been made, and unfortunately for W and Rumsfeld and others (I think Wolfowitz has had the same problem as well), these charges are credible and therefore require action on the part of the country before which they've been brought.

They are credible enough that at least two or three of the prior administration have cancelled planned trips overseas, so at least THEY take them as a serious threat to themselves, should they present themselves to those countries' jurisdictions.

BTW, the Israelis are having similar problems, for similar reasons.

pooltchr
06-05-2011, 11:54 AM
Are you telling me that the next time Obama is out of the country, I can ask the host country to arrest him????

<span style='font-size: 20pt'>COOL!!!!!!!!</span>

Steve