PDA

View Full Version : Frontline Inside The Meltdown Part 1 of 6

Qtec
11-28-2010, 03:20 AM
lnside the meltdown (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iZunMPWcOLY&feature=related)

Q

Qtec
11-28-2010, 04:54 AM
AIG insured millions of these derivatives with money they didn't have.

Q

LWW
11-28-2010, 05:43 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Qtec</div><div class="ubbcode-body">AIG insured millions of these derivatives with money they didn't have.

Q </div></div>

Fascist economics not only allow this ... it demands it.

The root of US fascist economics began with FDR.

To a lesser degree John Fitzgerald Kennedy, Lyndon Baines Johnson, Richard Milhouse Nixon, James Earl Carter, George Herbert Walker Bush, William Jefferson Clinton, and George Walker Bush also were champions of fascist economics. Barack Hussein Obama Junior is giving FDR a run for his money.

Made simple ... when the state decides to privatize profit and communalize loss you will find commerce supporting the state in all of it's desires and you will also see the efficiency of the free market evaporate and be replaced by the gross inefficiency of statism.

What is amazing to watch is that you condemn economic fascism when the state tells you to condemn economic fascism ... and then cheer for the further entrenchment of conomic fascism when the state tells you to cheer for the further entrenchment of economic fascism.

LWW

Qtec
11-28-2010, 05:48 AM
fascist economics = unregulated Capitalism = GOP agenda.

Q

LWW
11-28-2010, 05:59 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Qtec</div><div class="ubbcode-body">fascist economics = unregulated Capitalism = GOP agenda.

Q </div></div>

OK ... it's back to school for Snoopy:

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">An inherent aspect of fascist economies was economic dirigisme[12], meaning an economy where the government exerts strong directive influence, and effectively controls production and allocation of resources. <span style='font-size: 11pt'>In general, apart from the nationalizations of some industries, fascist economies were based on private property and private initiative, but these were contingent upon service to the state.</span>[13]

<span style='font-size: 11pt'>Fascism operated from a Social Darwinist view of human relations. Their aim was to promote superior individuals and weed out the weak.[14] In terms of economic practice, this meant promoting the interests of successful businessmen while destroying trade unions and other organizations of the working class.</span>[15] Historian Gaetano Salvemini argued in 1936 that [<span style='font-size: 11pt'>b]fascism makes taxpayers responsible to private enterprise, because "the State pays for the blunders of private enterprise... Profit is private and individual. Loss is public and social."[/b][16]</span> Fascist governments encouraged the pursuit of private profit and offered many benefits to large businesses, but they demanded in return that all economic activity should serve the national interest.[17]</div></div>

Words mean things ... please learn to use them properly, or I will have no choice but to continue exposing you as as one who pontificates on topics that you actually know zero about.

Please, stop the self flagellation.

OH DEAR!!!!! (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fascist_economics)

LWW

Qtec
11-28-2010, 06:06 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Please, stop the self flagellation. </div></div>

I have been telling you that for years and NOW you get it?
Q

LWW
11-28-2010, 06:27 AM
Address the topic ... why you both condemn and encourage, depending upon the state's daily orders, fascist economics ... or withdraw and save what little dignity you have remaining.

Your position is indefensible ... your every moat has been crossed by the forces of truth ... the facts have scaled the walls of your castle and set it ablaze ... save yourself ...

LWW

Stretch
11-28-2010, 07:36 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Qtec</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> <div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Please, stop the self flagellation. </div></div>

I have been telling you that for years and NOW you get it?
Q </div></div>

Like a blind skunk, Miss Larry is in love with his own flagelation. St.

Gayle in MD
11-28-2010, 07:58 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Qtec</div><div class="ubbcode-body">AIG insured millions of these derivatives with money they didn't have.

Q </div></div>

<span style='font-size: 11pt'> Note, the statement, by 07, the party was over.

Blows away the RW assertion that the Democratic Majority, caused it, or could have done anything to stop it.

Every single documentary, proves it, and every single article and book I have read.

This crash grew with a Republican President, Republican majority, and Republican Appointees, during Bush's pus for his "Ownership Society" and AFTER numerous warnings, from a range of financial experts.

Republicans never take responsibility for their FAILED POLICIES.

G. </span>

LWW
11-28-2010, 08:48 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Qtec</div><div class="ubbcode-body">fascist economics = unregulated Capitalism = GOP agenda.

Q </div></div>

Got anything which supports your insane claim?

LWW

hondo
11-28-2010, 09:38 PM
I've tried to follow this rant.
This puzzles me." Made simple ... when the state decides to privatize profit and communalize loss you will find commerce supporting the state in all of it's desires and you will also see the efficiency of the free market evaporate and be replaced by the gross inefficiency of statism."

Who does this? What is the antecedent of "you" in that paragraph?
Q? Democrats? Your enemies on BD? All Americans but you?
Who?
Also, you have again confused "its" with "it's".

You lack of understanding of the usage of pronouns diminishes
your pseudo-intellectual posturing somewhat, I feel.

hondo
11-28-2010, 09:49 PM
"Made simple ... when the state decides to privatize profit and communalize loss you will find commerce supporting the state in all of it's desires and you will also see the efficiency of the free market evaporate and be replaced by the gross inefficiency of statism."

Still trying to decipher. Trying to give you the benefit of the doubt.

Define "commerce" in this context?
Is not free market a part of commerce?
Why would they rejoice over something that you feel
would be so destructive to their freedom and goals.

I'm really trying, lww. Dee says you're a bright guy and really well-informed.
I respect Dee so I'm trying to take a closer look at your posts to see what I've been missing.
It appears to me that you are trying to baffle us with your bullshit rather than dazzle us with your brilliance.

Gayle in MD
11-28-2010, 10:01 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: hondo</div><div class="ubbcode-body">"Made simple ... when the state decides to privatize profit and communalize loss you will find commerce supporting the state in all of it's desires and you will also see the efficiency of the free market evaporate and be replaced by the gross inefficiency of statism."

Still trying to decipher. Trying to give you the benefit of the doubt.

Define "commerce" in this context?
Is not free market a part of commerce?
Why would they rejoice over something that you feel
would be so destructive to their freedom and goals.

I'm really trying, lww. Dee says you're a bright guy and really well-informed.
I respect Dee so I'm trying to take a closer look at your posts to see what I've been missing.
It appears to me that you are trying to baffle us with your bullshit rather than dazzle us with your brilliance. </div></div>

I'd be willing to bet you that there is not one single rightie on this forum who even bothered to watch this frontline documentary.

Nor the one entitled, "The Warning."

Now, I know, I posted a heads up about both of these two documentaries.

They have no appetite for learning the truth I would bet you anything you like that you could visit both LWW's home, and Steve's home, and you would not find one single book about the Bush Administration. Not one.

They don't have to bother with research, it's just easier and more anti-Democratic friendly, for them to just tune into Rush, or Fux, the GOPowned propaganda station, every day....

G.

LWW
11-29-2010, 04:11 AM
There is no "FREE MARKET" under a fascist economic system.

The USA has not been a practitioner of free markets for quite some time.

LWW

hondo
11-29-2010, 07:11 AM
Fair enough. I imagine pretty much true.
So why does "commerce" do backflips over govn.
takeovers, and you still haven't answered who this "you" is
who so eagerly follows the mandates of Big Government?

You make it sound like everyone is against free enterprise but wise old sages like you.

To me, you're starting to sound like Chefjeff. All fluff and no stuff.
A poster who has, ironically, called you a statist over and over.

eg8r
11-29-2010, 09:20 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">AIG insured millions of these derivatives with money they didn't have.

</div></div>Sounds exactly like what Obama/Reid/Pelosi did with HC.

eg8r

LWW
11-29-2010, 03:49 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: hondo</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Fair enough. I imagine pretty much true.
So why does "commerce" do backflips over govn.
takeovers, and you still haven't answered who this "you" is
who so eagerly follows the mandates of Big Government?

You make it sound like everyone is against free enterprise but wise old sages like you.

To me, you're starting to sound like Chefjeff. All fluff and no stuff.
A poster who has, ironically, called you a statist over and over. </div></div>

It's really pretty simple if you put down the spoon.

When the state decides an enterprise is "TOO BIG TO FAIL" it is de facto deciding that the competition is too small to succeed ... which goes against everything free markets represent. Do you really believe that if the big banks had been allowed to fail there wouldn't have been small and mid sized banks that would have grown to fill the gap?

Now, when the state operates a fascist economy they guarantee the chosen entities success by allowing them to keep the profits while saddling the taxpayer with the losses if they fail ... and they do so by freezing leaner and meaner entities out of the picture. Imagine for a moment if the state had decided that IBM was "TOO BIG TO FAIL" and protected them from the likes of Apple and Atari and Compaq and Microsoft?

Obamacare has done the same thing for big pharma ... they are guaranteed protection from smaller competitors, they get to keep their profits, and if their quality allows a million people to be poisoned by their meds they will dump the load onto the taxpayer.

Bush did the same thing with the airlines.

Americans need to wake up before it's too late.

LWW

hondo
11-29-2010, 04:00 PM
Hmmm. A long answer that answered nothing I was enquiring about.

LWW
11-29-2010, 04:22 PM
Read it again.

LWW