PDA

View Full Version : Fishy

cushioncrawler
11-29-2010, 04:47 AM
I did it -- i ordered a fishing pole, on ebay -- 7m long -- $40.
I plan to catch me some brown trout in Yarrowee River near here -- fly-fishing i think.

After i catch a trout i will sign up for the usofa Fishing Digest forum.
Karnt wait to get stuck into the NFR section.
mac.
A Pole doing some pole-fishing.

LWW
11-29-2010, 05:02 AM
I hope you didn't pay with a Czech?

LWW

cushioncrawler
11-29-2010, 05:14 AM
masSherie payd with paypal.
I will keep u'all informed of the trout i katch (and release).

I went last week and got an eel on a worm -- let it go of course -- alltho i know my old man would hav smoked that eel -- he smoked every kind of fish -- smoked fish iz very nice (needs salt but).
My brother got a small brown -- he puts them in hiz big dam -- he livs next door here.
With my luck i will hook into a platypus.
mac.

LWW
11-29-2010, 05:31 AM
Trout are good if you are ever Hungary.

LWW

cushioncrawler
11-29-2010, 06:01 AM
Trout are a bit tasteless -- not really worth keeping.
Redfin -- now redfin perch are very tasty -- i will be keeping any redfin i get.
I remember going fishing once with my dad -- we didnt catch anything -- and we ended up eating the bait.
For some stupid reason dad bort big cooked prawns for bait -- delicious -- but no good for catching fish.

madSherie and me are going to Tasmania for Xmas. Now, there are 3 places on earth that are heaven for a trout fisherman -- Canada, New Zealand, and Tasmania.
I think i will take my pole.
mac.ac.

LWW
11-29-2010, 06:20 AM
No need to be Russian if you aren't Hungary. As for me, I never cared for Finnish fishes ... too Swede for my taste. Norway I could dine on them regularly.

Anyway, Aussie that you are excited about the new Pole so I'll Lat you alone. I'll Czech back later to see if you can maintain the New Zeal you seem to have.

Try not to Thai one on though.

LWW

cushioncrawler
11-29-2010, 06:26 AM
And, being a senior, i dont need to pay for a fishing licence.
Good thing about that 7m pole -- upstream, the sewerage ponds are next to the river -- when no one iz looking i shood be able to fish back over the security fence -- and hook some blind mullet.
mac.

Chopstick
11-29-2010, 08:48 AM
A 7 meter pole? I have never seen such a thing. They have surf casting poles here in Flarda that are that long but they are huge. Real thick at the base. They are for standing on the beach and slinging the bait way out there. They look like pole vaulters poles.

cushioncrawler
11-29-2010, 04:20 PM
Uzually with a pole u tie the (shortish) line to the tip -- no reel.
I will try this. But i hav a few ideas. More later.
There are 11m poles on ebay -- they can be 20m.
The are some good youtube klips showing how they work -- good for bluegill in the usofa.
But the river here haz grass over 2m hi along the banx -- and many sections with cliffs -- a long pole shood get me some trout i reckon -- but i might hav problems with trout over say 3lb.
mac.

cushioncrawler
11-29-2010, 04:28 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: LWW</div><div class="ubbcode-body">No need to be Russian if you aren't Hungary. As for me, I never cared for Finnish fishes ... too Swede for my taste. Norway I could dine on them regularly. Anyway, Aussie that you are excited about the new Pole so I'll Lat you alone. I'll Czech back later to see if you can maintain the New Zeal you seem to have. Try not to Thai one on though.</div></div>Dubb -- u are near the north-pole and me the south-pole -- that makes us poles-apart.
My pole-mum loved pole-dancing -- and she had a pole-cat (not while pole-dancing -- alltho that would hav been a neat trick).
macPolski.