View Full Version : "This is why the People have Thrown You Out"

sack316
11-30-2010, 03:49 PM
/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/shocked.gif

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qJSnozJ4LVg

Sack

pooltchr
11-30-2010, 04:15 PM
Try watching C-SPAN some time....this is the kind of crap you will see all the time.

It's amazing that our congress ever accomplishes anything!

Steve

sack316
11-30-2010, 04:23 PM
I do watch from time to time. Each time it serves little purpose other than to piss me off at the inefficiency.

Could you imagine if a business was run this way?

Sack

Gayle in MD
11-30-2010, 05:02 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: sack316</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I do watch from time to time. Each time it serves little purpose other than to piss me off at the inefficiency.

Sack </div></div>

Where were all of your complaints while Bush was destroying Clinton's surplus, waging war, on lies, while cutting taxes, growing the federal government, spending and borrowing, more than all previous administrations combined, and borrowing from a communist country, to pay for all of it????

Can you see the difference between spending and growing government, while cutting taxes, expanding drug programs, and borrowing to pay for all of it, VS. addressing a collapsed economy, on the verge of a depression, investing in keeping teachers, policemen, firemen, and stop gagging an economy with frozen bankis, and preventing more job hemmoraging, when Bush left us with over 750,000 in job losses, a month, under Bush, and the Bush/Republican spendoholicss, like drunken sailors????

How do you divert a Depression, wthout investing in America????

How do you loosen money for business payroll, when the banks have spent themselves into oblivion, without spending any of America's money????

Where was all of you righties spending outrage, under Bush and his blank check Republican majority????

G.

sack316
11-30-2010, 05:07 PM
I didn't specify what time frame I meant... I didn't say "over the last two years" or whatever.

But if I must clarify for you, I will amend my post... amended post to follow.......

Sack

sack316
11-30-2010, 05:09 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: pooltchr</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Try watching C-SPAN some time....this is the kind of crap you will see all the time.

Steve </div></div>

Hey Steve, yeah I know right? I mean, I've tried to watch it from time to time over my life... especially over the last 12 years or so when I began getting more interested in government and politics. Each time it serves little purpose other than to piss me off at the inefficiency.

Sack

sack316
11-30-2010, 05:18 PM
Also, I have changed my signature for you so you can stop asking me what I think about things done pre-Obama. Just a little reminder for each and every time you respond to me that I think Bush sucked too, so that there will be no need to refrain from the topic at hand to ask me the exact same questions over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over again.

Thanks!

Sack

pooltchr
11-30-2010, 11:15 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Gayle in MD</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: sack316</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I do watch from time to time. Each time it serves little purpose other than to piss me off at the inefficiency.

Sack </div></div>

Where were all of your complaints while Bush was destroying Clinton's surplus, waging war, on lies, while cutting taxes, growing the federal government, spending and borrowing, more than all previous administrations combined, and borrowing from a communist country, to pay for all of it????

Can you see the difference between spending and growing government, while cutting taxes, expanding drug programs, and borrowing to pay for all of it, VS. addressing a collapsed economy, on the verge of a depression, investing in keeping teachers, policemen, firemen, and stop gagging an economy with frozen bankis, and preventing more job hemmoraging, when Bush left us with over 750,000 in job losses, a month, under Bush, and the Bush/Republican spendoholicss, like drunken sailors????

How do you divert a Depression, wthout investing in America????

How do you loosen money for business payroll, when the banks have spent themselves into oblivion, without spending any of America's money????

Where was all of you righties spending outrage, under Bush and his blank check Republican majority????

G.

</div></div>

Is it ever possible for you to actually join in a discussion and stay on topic?????????? We were talking about the inefficiency of congress. We were NOT talking about Obama or Bush or anything you mentioned. We were not talking about fiscal policies of any administration. We were not talking about the wars. We were not talking about the so-called Clinton surplus. We were not talking about jobs. We were not talking about stimulus. We were not talking about healthcare. We were talking about the inefficiency of congress. Do you have any comment about the subject we were discussing????????????????

I didn't think so!!

Steve

Gayle in MD
12-01-2010, 12:06 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: sack316</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Also, I have changed my signature for you so you can stop asking me what I think about things done pre-Obama. Just a little reminder for each and every time you respond to me that I think Bush sucked too, so that there will be no need to refrain from the topic at hand to ask me the exact same questions over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over again.

Thanks!

Sack </div></div>

The questions I pose to you are very simple, Sack.

While you did not give your opinion of your clip, your titled thread, quoted, "This is why people have thrown you out" from the whole of the clip.

Do you really think your highlighted statement, and the event you are highlighting, is anything new?

You show us a clip of more Republican bravado, more pretense from the Republicans, that there is anything going on by the Democratic Majority, that is any different from their own actions and behavior, when they had the gavel.

There isn't a single political tactic, including bills in the 2,000 page range, even passed in the dark of night, or during vacation, for example, used over the last two plus years, by Democratics, that Republicans didn't use over and over again, throughout their lown ast majority, and over the decades.

Hence, I am wondering, where were these sorts of posts from you, previously, as I surely didn't see them.

So, unless you've only been watching C-Span for the last two to three years, seems to me you're indicating that you are in agreement, with the man who was launching his attack, ("This is why the People have Thrown you out") against the Democratic Majority, and the current Speaker, and Leader.

My questions, therefore, are clearly about your thread, and your point. What was your point? Was it not, "This is why the people have thrown you out" which is your title?

If so, I ask again, do you think the Bush administration, and his blank check majority, were any more pure in their legislating tactics, any more constitutionally correct, or any more honorable, in their behavior, than the current Democratic majority????

Hence, I ask you again, where were all of these complaints during the Republican majority? there was really no need for you to go into a rant over it, is there?

G.

Qtec
12-01-2010, 01:27 AM
G is right. Your header is titled, "This is why the People have Thrown <u>You</u> Out"

A better title would have been,

"Ethically challenged hypocritical Republican throws a tantrum."

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> 25 Jan 2010 // Washington, D.C. - Today, Citizens for Responsibility and Ethics in Washington (CREW) filed complaints with the Office of Congressional Ethics (OCE) and the Internal Revenue Service (IRS) against Rep. Steve Buyer (R-IN) and his so-called charity, the Frontier Foundation, Inc. CREW alleges Rep. Buyer has used the charity to foot golf fundraisers at exclusive resorts where he hobnobs with corporate donors who also contribute to his campaign committee and leadership PAC who have business before him.

Rep. Buyer helped found Frontier in 2003 and is its honorary chairman. Family members and political confidants, including his daughter and son, make up its board and run its day-to-day operations and it long shared an address with his campaign committee. <span style='font-size: 17pt'>Although Frontier claims its central purpose is to provide scholarship funds for Indiana students to attend college, in its six years of existence it has not awarded a single scholarship.</span> Even the paltry donations the foundation has made have no relationship to scholarships - <span style='font-size: 14pt'>largely, they went to a charity run by a pharmaceutical company lobbyist and the NRA.</span></div></div>

Q

LWW
12-01-2010, 04:14 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: pooltchr</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Try watching C-SPAN some time....this is the kind of crap you will see all the time.

Steve </div></div>

One of my favorite C-Span moments was almost 20 years ago.

Flipping through channels I came upon it and then senator How Metzenbaum was nudging then senator Kennedy to wake him up for a late night vote ... to which Teddy answered "BOURBON!"

LWW

sack316
12-01-2010, 10:48 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Gayle in MD</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
The questions I pose to you are very simple, Sack.</div></div>

Indeed they are. And they are questions that have been asked and answered in some way, shape, or form numerous times over the last couple of years

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Gayle in MD</div><div class="ubbcode-body">While you did not give your opinion of your clip, your titled thread, quoted, "This is why people have thrown you out" from the whole of the clip.</div></div>

I titled the thread that because that was the title of the video. If I posted a video of Jailhouse Rock, I'd probably title the thread "jailhouse rock"

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Gayle in MD</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Do you really think your highlighted statement, and the event you are highlighting, is anything new?</div></div>

Nope. And just as I said in my amended post, it's basically the same inefficiency I've seen for as long as I've paid attention.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Gayle in MD</div><div class="ubbcode-body">You show us a clip of more Republican bravado, more pretense from the Republicans, that there is anything going on by the Democratic Majority, that is any different from their own actions and behavior, when they had the gavel.</div></div>

I don't watch much political stuff on youtube. I just happened to come across this link via someone else's post elsewhere. Were it an acting republican speaker pulling the same crap, and a democrat attempting to be recognized and showing his/her bravado, I'd have posted that just the same.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Gayle in MD</div><div class="ubbcode-body">There isn't a single political tactic, including bills in the 2,000 page range, even passed in the dark of night, or during vacation, for example, used over the last two plus years, by Democratics, that Republicans didn't use over and over again, throughout their lown ast majority, and over the decades.</div></div>

So the jist of it is you agree about the inefficiency?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Gayle in MD</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Hence, I am wondering, where were these sorts of posts from you, previously, as I surely didn't see them.

So, unless you've only been watching C-Span for the last two to three years, seems to me you're indicating that you are in agreement, with the man who was launching his attack, ("This is why the People have Thrown you out") against the Democratic Majority, and the current Speaker, and Leader.</div></div>

Yes. And if she, or anyone else, made a comeback about why republicans were thrown out previously I'd agree with that too.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Gayle in MD</div><div class="ubbcode-body">My questions, therefore, are clearly about your thread, and your point. What was your point? Was it not, "This is why the people have thrown you out" which is your title?

If so, I ask again, do you think the Bush administration, and his blank check majority, were any more pure in their legislating tactics, any more constitutionally correct, or any more honorable, in their behavior, than the current Democratic majority????</div></div>

I changed my signature just to save us both the time on this, remember? It doesn't matter who is "more" whatever... they both have sucked. If I go rob a bank, and you go rob a bank, and I steal more and you steal less... we're both bank robbers and thieves. If I lose a game by one point and you lose a game by twenty, we both lost.

In fact, you covered this as well previously once upon a time that I happened to come across reading the old posts the other day... it amazed me how up front and real it was:

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Gayle in MD March of 2003</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><span style='font-size: 17pt'>Democrats and Republicans lie equally. Both parties have members that lie. Now, that is a fact friend.</span></div></div>

Sack

Gayle in MD
12-01-2010, 11:14 AM
LOL, I think your title, says it all, Sack.

Your follow up excuses, don't hold water.

Sorry, but that's what I think.

G.

bobroberts
12-01-2010, 11:15 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Gayle in MD</div><div class="ubbcode-body">LOL, I think your title, says it all, Sack.

Your follow up excuses, don't hold water.

Sorry, but that's what I think.

G. </div></div>
No one cares what you think.
B

sack316
12-01-2010, 11:30 AM
it's not "my" title... it's the title of the video. Hence why the thread title is in quotations.

Sack

Gayle in MD
12-01-2010, 11:48 AM
Whatever, and I'm sure you'd have posted the very same thing, if republicans had just been "thrown out" much the same way that you would search the archives, to find incidents which you THINK might prove that someone from the right, had made a false statement about their views, from seven years ago.

/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/wink.gif /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/grin.gif

pooltchr
12-01-2010, 12:29 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Gayle in MD</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Whatever, and I'm sure you'd have posted the very same thing, if republicans had just been "thrown out"

<span style="color: #FF0000">That wouldn't have been necessary. You would have posted it before anyone else had a chance. </span>

much the same way that you would search the archives, to find incidents which you THINK might prove that someone from the right, had made a false statement about their views, from seven years ago.

/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/wink.gif /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/grin.gif </div></div>

<span style="color: #FF0000">Are you admitting that he found a quote where you are making false statements about your views???

Interesting....

Steve </span>