PDA

View Full Version : It's 55 degrees outside...

eg8r
12-02-2010, 08:39 AM
What's a guy got to do to get some Global Warming down here in Florida? This is took cold. I would much prefer it to stay around 78 with a slight breeze please.

eg8r

pooltchr
12-02-2010, 08:50 AM
It was 26 here this morning, and is only up to 38 right now. I'm going to turn up the heat and make Duke Energy burn some more coal and see if we can help this global warming thing along a little bit!

/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/grin.gif

Steve

Qtec
12-02-2010, 09:27 AM
link (http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-11895107)

http://news.bbcimg.co.uk/media/images/50257000/jpg/_50257502_010768002-1.jpg

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Lethal cold weather grips northern Europe

Heavy snow and sub-zero temperatures have been causing another day of disruption to northern Europe and its transport network.

Thousands of railway passengers had to spend the night in trains in Germany as snow paralysed many high-speed inter-city routes.

Flights were disrupted in the UK, France, the Netherlands and Germany. </div></div>

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Forty killed in Israeli forest fire near Haifa

About 40 people have been killed by a forest fire that is raging out of control in the Carmel Mountains near the northern Israeli city of Haifa, the ambulance service says </div></div>

The climate change model predicts extremes in weather. Over here its -6/ wind chill -14. Its cold.

Q

eg8r
12-02-2010, 09:52 AM
I agree, 55 in Florida is extreme.

eg8r

eg8r
12-02-2010, 09:53 AM
Whew, I would definitely be upset if it was that cold right now. /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif I was wearing shorts on Thanksgiving and that was awesome.

eg8r

Gayle in MD
12-02-2010, 11:35 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: eg8r</div><div class="ubbcode-body">What's a guy got to do to get some Global Warming down here in Florida? This is took cold. I would much prefer it to stay around 78 with a slight breeze please.

eg8r </div></div>

Irradic weather trends are part of the results of Global Warming.

colder in some warm place, and warmer in some cold places.

Global Warrming is a fact.

We are way behind, and that is because the dirty fuel Industries pays scientists to lie for them.

G.

sack316
12-02-2010, 11:44 AM
33 here this morning as I went outside to work. I texted a friend in New York, hoping she would scoff and tell me how much colder she was so I could feel better. She said it was 32.

Sack

LWW
12-02-2010, 11:56 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Gayle in MD</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: eg8r</div><div class="ubbcode-body">What's a guy got to do to get some Global Warming down here in Florida? This is took cold. I would much prefer it to stay around 78 with a slight breeze please.

eg8r </div></div>

<s>Irradic</s> Erratic weather trends are part of the results of Global Warming.

<s>colder</s> Colder in some warm place, and warmer in some cold places.

Global Warrming is a fact.

We are way behind, and that is because the dirty fuel Industries pays scientists to lie for them.

G. </div></div>
LWW

Gayle in MD
12-02-2010, 11:57 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: eg8r</div><div class="ubbcode-body">What's a guy got to do to get some Global Warming down here in Florida? This is took cold. I would much prefer it to stay around 78 with a slight breeze please.

eg8r </div></div>

Just checked the temp on my porch, and it's 47 degrees here...not bad for here.

It was very cold this morning, though, I had to come back home and finish my run on the treadmill. Bad for the lungs to run when it's real cold.

G.

eg8r
12-02-2010, 01:09 PM
I can't handle the cold very well at all. I am from south Florida and definitely prefer warmer climates.

eg8r

eg8r
12-02-2010, 01:10 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Global Warrming is a fact.

</div></div>Yep and the other fact is that it is a naturally occuring event and has nothing to do with human intervention. However, I sure do wish China would open a new factory so we can get some heat over here.

eg8r

Gayle in MD
12-02-2010, 01:21 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: eg8r</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Global Warrming is a fact.

</div></div>Yep and the other fact is that it is a naturally occuring event and has nothing to do with human intervention. However, I sure do wish China would open a new factory so we can get some heat over here.

eg8r </div></div>

Not the global Scientific opnion, Ed.

This is a subject I've read a lot about, and I can tell you, it has been proven, not only that those scientists who deny that global warming is a fact, are being paid off by the dirty fosile fuel, energy industry, but also that human activity, is grealy contributing to the crisis, in fact, the main cause

The climate change we are seeing, now, is not comparable to other climate changes in history, which came on very, very slowly, over hunderds of thousand of years, while the climate changes we are seeing, now, are coming on at an alarmingly, fast, rate of time, never before occuring, in recorded history, nor in the findings of historical cientific analysis.

The Global Scientific Community, agrees by 98% of it's members, that Global Warming is a fact, and they it is caused by human activity.

China, BTW, is way in front, on research and development, and their scientists, are in agreement, with the Global Scientific Community.

As far as is known, and can be documented, only America, is in the business of paying off Scientists to lie about the dangers of Global Warming....

G.

eg8r
12-02-2010, 01:26 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Not the global Scientific opnion, Ed.

</div></div>Oh are you referring to the group getting rich off of government funding? Do you think they will search too hard to find evidence that disagrees with the hand that is feeding them? Yeah, China is a real evironmental workhorse. LOL, they even try to control the weather because they know they are destroying their air quality. Again, will they please open another factory so we can get some heat over here?

Quick question, let's say everyone agreed with the scientists and the governments quit paying them, essentially putting them out of work. Do you think they would suck off the taxpayer teet for 99 months waiting for another lab position or do you think they would make the ends meet by working at McDonalds?

eg8r

Gayle in MD
12-02-2010, 01:32 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: eg8r</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Not the global Scientific opnion, Ed.

</div></div>Oh are you referring to the group getting rich off of government funding? Do you think they will search too hard to find evidence that disagrees with the hand that is feeding them? Yeah, China is a real evironmental workhorse. LOL, they even try to control the weather because they know they are destroying their air quality. Again, will they please open another factory so we can get some heat over here?

Quick question, let's say everyone agreed with the scientists and the governments quit paying them, essentially putting them out of work. Do you think they would suck off the taxpayer teet for 99 months waiting for another lab position or do you think they would make the ends meet by working at McDonalds?

eg8r </div></div>

Scientific study is based upon trying to disprove your own findings, Ed.

why do you only think people are only out for money, when you don't like what they are saying?

Is the Military-Congressional, Industrial Complex, only out for money?

Are the corporations who gave all of those billions to the Republicans, only out for money?

Is Sarah Palin, only out for money?

G.

Qtec
12-02-2010, 01:32 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: eg8r</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Global Warrming is a fact.

eg8r </div></div>

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">St. Paul, Minn. Nearly all of the Republicans running for governor next year say they don't believe in human-caused climate change.

In fact, eight of the nine declared GOP candidates say they view global warming science as an unproven theory that should no longer drive state policy. Environmental activists say the prevailing GOP view not only runs counter to the beliefs of most scientists, but also to Republican Gov. Tim Pawlenty. </div></div>

All these brainless nutjob Republicans know better than the experts. How stupid is that?

The whole world believes in man made CC<span style='font-size: 14pt'> except the nutty few of the Republican nut job base.</span> I guess that includes you.

Q

eg8r
12-02-2010, 03:16 PM
Thank goodness those Reps are not being fooled by the funny science our government is wasting its money on.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">The whole world believes in man made</div></div>LOL, you only wish. Only the sheep believe that.

eg8r

eg8r
12-02-2010, 03:17 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">why do you only think people are only out for money, when you don't like what they are saying?

</div></div>I am simply following your lead. You take the same position when it is soemthing you don't agree with.

eg8r

Chopstick
12-02-2010, 09:34 PM
It was 60 when I left for the airport this morning. It is not unusual for us to get a cold snap around Thanksgiving then it warms up again. Last winter was much colder for much longer.

eg8r
12-02-2010, 10:50 PM
Yep and I am ready for it to warm up a bit. /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif

eg8r

Gayle in MD
12-02-2010, 11:58 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: eg8r</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">why do you only think people are only out for money, when you don't like what they are saying?

</div></div>I am simply following your lead. You take the same position when it is soemthing you don't agree with.

eg8r </div></div>

I've never said any whistle blower, or respected statesman, or former Sec. Of State, wrote their book, just for the money.

It is, OTOH, a fact, that a group of scientists were found to have slanted thier views on G.Warming, because they were paid by a given industry, to strengthen the view they desired, much like a Bush run up to war....or torture.

G.

ugotda7
12-03-2010, 12:04 AM
Man caused global warming conspiracy nuts are just that....nuts.

Qtec
12-03-2010, 06:52 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Man caused global warming conspiracy nuts are just that....nuts. </div></div>

On one side we have the GOP [ pollution industry funded] and the TParty who are a product of the pollution industry. On the other side we have sane people, 1,000s of scientists from around the WHOLE world who have come to a consensus.

Who should we believe?

Sharron Angle? LMAO

Christine O'Donnell ? LOL

S Palin?.......... Giggle. /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/grin.gif

This guy/

link (http://www.colbertnation.com/the-colbert-report-videos/180282/september-05-2008/better-know-a-district---lynn-westmoreland-update)

Q........

eg8r
12-03-2010, 07:56 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I've never said any whistle blower, or respected statesman, or former Sec. Of State, wrote their book, just for the money.

</div></div>Come on now, why would do that just to shoot yourself in the foot. I don't expect you to be honest about their real intentions. If these people wanted to just get the news out there they could find their favorite media man or woman and spill their guts for free.

eg8r

eg8r
12-03-2010, 07:57 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">On one side we have the GOP [ pollution industry funded] and the TParty who are a product of the pollution industry. On the other side we have sane people, 1,000s of scientists from around the WHOLE world who have come to a consensus.

</div></div>Only the insane look in the mirror and see a sane person.

eg8r

pooltchr
12-03-2010, 08:02 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Gayle in MD</div><div class="ubbcode-body">

I've never said any whistle blower, or respected statesman, or former Sec. Of State, wrote their book, just for the money.

G. </div></div>

Get real! They all write their books for one reason...money!

Of course, is Sarah writes a book to make money, that's bad.
But if Clinton writes a book to make money, that's good.
But if Bush writes a book to make money, that's bad.
But if Obama writes a book to make money, that's good.

Your hatred for the right knows no bounds!

Steve

Qtec
12-03-2010, 08:05 AM
Tell me about it.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> Ron Brownstein of the National Journal reported last week that in Tuesday's midterm election, "virtually all of the serious 2010 GOP challengers" have denied that there is scientific evidence that global warming is even happening.

"The GOP is stampeding toward an absolutist rejection of climate science that appears <u>unmatched among major political parties around the globe,</u> even conservative ones," Brownstein wrote.

<span style='font-size: 14pt'>Ninety-seven percent of climate scientists</span> -- and just about every accredited international scientific institution in the world -- <span style='font-size: 20pt'>unequivocally agree that global warming is occurring and is fueled by human activity.</span></div></div>

..but bachman ,
....disagrees.......LOL...............Palin...etc. .disagree..

Gayle in MD
12-03-2010, 10:44 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: eg8r</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Not the global Scientific opnion, Ed.

eg8r </div></div>

All due respect, Ed, as you have every right to your opinion, however, I find this post of yours, so stunningly uninformed, and radically far flung from the subject, and the reality of the documented studies, I am not inspired to address it with you.

It would be about as fruitless, as arguing with people who think that a man can live inside of a whale.

It is a waste of my time, at this point.

If you ever study the Science on this subject, perhaps we can take another stabe at discussing the issue at some later date.

Hashing over ridiculous RW distortions, with a rightie, isn't worth my time.

Interesting, you acknowledge China's disastrous pollution problems, but deny the damage from pollutions, protected by Republicans, right here in America.
G.

eg8r
12-03-2010, 10:59 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">All due respect, Ed, as you have every right to your opinion, however, I find this post of yours, so stunningly uninformed, and radically far flung from the subject, and the reality of the documented studies, I am not inspired to address it with you.

</div></div>As history shows, you usually do quit dicussions when the other person just won't go along with whatever you say. Sorry I don't inspire you and the feeling is mutual. The only reason why I respond to your posts about these subject matters is because you are wrong and there needs to be another voice than yours on the board.

eg8r

Gayle in MD
12-03-2010, 12:36 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: eg8r</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">All due respect, Ed, as you have every right to your opinion, however, I find this post of yours, so stunningly uninformed, and radically far flung from the subject, and the reality of the documented studies, I am not inspired to address it with you.

</div></div>As history shows, you usually do quit dicussions when the other person just won't go along with whatever you say. Sorry I don't inspire you and the feeling is mutual. The only reason why I respond to your posts about these subject matters is because you are wrong and there needs to be another voice than yours on the board.

eg8r </div></div>

I stop responding when people prove they can't post without making nasty, personal insults.

Also, no one who knows me would ever call me a greedy person.

G.