PDA

View Full Version : Cheney Faces Bribery Charges In Nigeria

Gayle in MD
12-02-2010, 12:12 PM
Dick Cheney faces bribery scandal charges in Nigeria
Mr Cheney was Halliburton's chief executive before becoming vice-president to George W Bush
Continue reading the main story
is to charge former US Vice-President Dick Cheney over a bribery scandal that involves a former subsidiary of energy firm Halliburton.
Agency spokesman Femi Babafemi said that the charges were likely to be brought next week.

The case involves engineering firm KBR, which has admitted bribing officials.

Mr Cheney was Halliburton's chief executive before becoming vice-president to George W Bush in 2001.

Mr Babafemi said the charges were "not unconnected to his role as the chief executive of Halliburton".

KBR last year pleaded guilty to paying $180m (115m) in bribes to Nigerian officials prior to 2007, when it was a subsidiary of Halliburton. The firm agreed to pay $579m (372m)in fines related to the case in the US.

But Nigeria, along with France and Switzerland, has conducted its own investigations into the case.

Office raid
The bribes concerned the construction of a liquefied natural gas (LNG) plant in southern Nigeria.

KBR and Halliburton have now split, and Halliburton says it is not connected with the case against KBR.

Halliburton denies involvement in the allegations.

It has complained that a raid on its office last week by Economic and Financial Crimes Commission officials was "an affront against justice".

Ten people were detained for questioning and later released.

A prosecutor quoted by Agence France-Presse news agency said those charged would include former and current leaders of Halliburton and officials from firms in a consortium involved in the LNG plant.

Nigeria is a member of the oil cartel Opec and is one of the world's biggest oil exporters.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-africa-11902489

LWW
12-02-2010, 04:39 PM
Let's see how it ends up.

LWW

Qtec
12-09-2010, 07:04 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">The case involves engineering firm KBR, which has admitted bribing officials.
</div></div>

Here a crime is already proved to have been committed but nobody is wanting to arrest him in the USA.

Q

Deeman3
12-09-2010, 07:23 AM
Darn, no more trips to that beautiful vacations spot for Dick. He must be heartbroken!

Gayle in MD
12-09-2010, 08:34 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Qtec</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> <div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">The case involves engineering firm KBR, which has admitted bribing officials.
</div></div>

Here a crime is already proved to have been committed but nobody is wanting to arrest him in the USA.

Q </div></div>

<span style="color: #990000"> <span style='font-size: 11pt'>Remember this! </span> </span>

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><span style='font-size: 14pt'>Republican Insanity in the US: Vote Against Rape Victims </span>
<span style='font-size: 17pt'>
This week in the USA, the Republicans once again showed their true colours that they are nothing but a masquerading front for their corporate masters. The new Democratic Senator Al Franken from Minnesota introduced an amendment on the Senate floor to protect rape victim Jamie Lee Jones, who was gang raped by the employees of KBR, a subsidiary of Halliburton, in Iraq, when she signed up to work in Iraq.

Jamie Lee Jones was then, through her contract with KBR, forbidden to sue KBR in the courts and is being forced to enter into arbitration because her contract says that she cannot sue in the courts. Now, let us be clear. A contract at KBR stipulates that you cannot sue the company, if you are raped or sexually abused, while at work!!! Jamie Lee was raped, forced into a CONTAINER AND LOCKED by her supervisors when she reported the rape and was not allowed to see a lawyer or phone her family.

Once Senator Franken introduced the bill, the Republican senators stepped in one by one to vote against the amendment to be able to take an employer to court. This is just insanity beyond belief!!!! These are the 'faith based, family value Republicans', who in the last few months have been caught in one sex scandal after another.</span>Fortunately, Jon Stewart from the Daily Show made a mockery of these idiots who voted against this amendment. There is now also a website with the photos of these 'faith based, family values Republicans' called, <span style='font-size: 20pt'>'Republicans for Rape.' These Senators deserve this labeling who have no shame left. </span>http://dietagespolitik.blogspot.com/ </div></div>

<span style="color: #990000"> <span style='font-size: 11pt'>Does Anyoone Even Associated With Bush Or Cheney Ever Go To Jail????? </span> </span>

Gayle in MD
12-09-2010, 08:43 AM
<span style='font-size: 14pt'>Whatever you do, don't miss seeing these "Christian Family Values Republicans For Rape" and the USA Rape Map!</span><span style='font-size: 14pt'> Republicans For Rape </span>

http://www.republicansforrape.org/legislators/

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Below is the list of thirty legislators who were brave enough to stand up in defense of rape and vote against Senator Al Franken's anti-rape amendment to the 2010 Defense Appropriations bill. We applaud these courageous men! Roll over the portraits with your mouse to see the Senator's phone number, or click on a portrait to visit the Senator's contact page. We encourage you to send your kind words to these gentlemen!
Senators from states in which both senators voted nay get a pink background!

New! A fan-created rape support map has been added to the bottom of this page! The numbers on each state are electoral votes.
</div></div>

llotter
12-09-2010, 10:06 AM
I wasn't sure from the story, did Cheney actually rape that poor girl or did he merely order that she be raped ASAP? Either way, he is guilty, no doubt.

Deeman3
12-09-2010, 11:50 AM
Is that the same type rape charge now faced by Assange? /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif

Gayle in MD
12-10-2010, 08:12 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: llotter</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I wasn't sure from the story, did Cheney actually rape that poor girl or did he merely order that she be raped ASAP? Either way, he is guilty, no doubt. </div></div>

Cheney arranged that his cronies won the no bid contracts, and then arranged for the loopholes, which allowed them to murder, rape, kidnap, whatever they wanted to do, with no concern about being held to account.

Got it NOW?

llotter
12-10-2010, 08:24 AM
Ya know, I thought he was probably too old to rape someone so I figured he just wanted to watch. There is a lot of ugly stuff that goes on in wartime that escapes accountability but I'm not confident that injecting a bunch of lawyers into the situation is the right direction.

I might ask you where in the Constitution does The Moron get the authority to pay off his union buddies at GM while literally robbing the bond holders of both their money and their rights. Is it because this is a 'white collar' crime that he should get a pass???? Letting The Moron cool his heels for a few years behind bars would be the right direction, methinks.

Gayle in MD
12-10-2010, 08:34 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: llotter</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Ya know, I thought he was probably too old to rape someone so I figured he just wanted to watch. There is a lot of ugly stuff that goes on in wartime that escapes accountability but I'm not confident that injecting a bunch of lawyers into the situation is the right direction.

I might ask you where in the Constitution does The Moron get the authority to pay off his union buddies at GM while literally robbing the bond holders of both their money and their rights. Is it because this is a 'white collar' crime that he should get a pass???? Letting The Moron cool his heels for a few years behind bars would be the right direction, methinks. </div></div>

I'd appreciate it if you woulold stick to the subject of the thread, which is Cheney bribing during his CEO status with Halliburton.

FYI, it was YOUR MORON who originally enacted the auto bail out.

Additionally, do you know how we managed to quickly build the additional planes and ships we needed to fight WWII?

No American automobile companies in our country, is not only bad for the economy, but bad for our national Security.

And since you mention the Constitution, I suggest to take a course on the subject, because as far as I can tell, you don't have a clue about the meaning, beginning with THE SEPERATION OF CHURCH AND STATE!

AND the sutomobile companies are makiing a comeback, AND paying the country back.

G.

llotter
12-10-2010, 12:00 PM
The Moron's predecessor, Moron Sr., was merely accommodating the plan of Moron Jr., acting as a lame duck. It was the specifics of stealing from the bond holders to benefit the unions the Moron Jr. has to take responsibility for.

It is not constructive and a waste time trying to pull the previous administration into every situation so matter how insignificant. I am sure frivolous allegations and law suits are a part of public life, especially with folks as hated and Bush and Cheney.

llotter
12-10-2010, 12:02 PM
SEPARATION OF CHURCH AND STATE? Exactly where is that in the Constitution???? FYI... it isn't.

Gayle in MD
12-10-2010, 12:22 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: llotter</div><div class="ubbcode-body">The Moron's predecessor, Moron Sr., was merely accommodating the plan of Moron Jr., acting as a lame duck. It was the specifics of stealing from the bond holders to benefit the unions the Moron Jr. has to take responsibility for.

It is not constructive and a waste time trying to pull the previous administration into every situation so matter how insignificant. I am sure frivolous allegations and law suits are a part of public life, especially with folks as hated and Bush and Cheney. </div></div>

President Obama, didn't fail to prevent 9/11, the collapse of our economy, or create two unfinished wars.

He also didn't spend us into the deepest recession in over forty years.

Everything we face today, is a result of failed Republoican policies, including the idiocy of launching and prosecuting wars, while Republicans spet like druken sailors for six years, putting all of it on a credit card.

BUSH, and the Republican majority, put this country into a debt hole, and without his leftover, poorly prosecuted, disastrous wars, His collapsed economy, and a huge deficit, he left no good options behind him.

Deny it all you wish, those are the facts. Bush's wars, Bush's colloapsed economy, Bush's F-ups, put us exactly into all of the disasters he left in his wake.

G.

sack316
12-10-2010, 02:54 PM
President Obama, didn't fail to prevent 9/11, the collapse of our economy, or create two unfinished wars.

(continued)

He also didn't do a lot of other things

Sack

Gayle in MD
12-11-2010, 07:50 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: sack316</div><div class="ubbcode-body">President Obama, didn't fail to prevent 9/11, the collapse of our economy, or create two unfinished wars.

(continued)

He also didn't do a lot of other things

<span style="color: #990000">
Everything we face today, is a result of failed Republican policies, including the idiocy of launching and poorly prosecuting two wars, while Republicans spent like druken sailors for six years, putting all of it on a credit card.

BUSH, and the Republican majority, put this country into a debt hole, and without his leftover, poorly prosecuted, disastrous wars, His collapsed economy, and his huge deficit, he left no good options behind him.

Deny it all you wish, those are the facts. Bush's wars, Bush's colloapsed economy, Bush's F-ups, put us exactly into all of the disasters he left in his wake.

G.
</span>

Sack </div></div>

<span style="color: #990000">I think president Obama, has gotten plenty done, including diverting the Bush depression, and some things that presidents all the way back to Truman, tried to do, and couldn't.

The economy shows signs of recovery, and we haven't had a global depression. I think that's more than enough, given the Colossal mess Bush oleft in his wake.
BTW, this thread is about Dick Cheney committing bribery, while CEO at halliburton.

g. </span>

LWW
12-11-2010, 08:00 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Gayle in MD</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: llotter</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I wasn't sure from the story, did Cheney actually rape that poor girl or did he merely order that she be raped ASAP? Either way, he is guilty, no doubt. </div></div>

Cheney arranged that his cronies won the no bid contracts

Got it NOW? </div></div>

Would that be the no bid contracts that were actually awarded under the Clinton regime?

Would that be the same Halliburton contracts which Gyorgy Soros and Michael Moorecheeseburgers profited from and Cheney didn't?

In reality, we both know that you wouldn't know because that would require that you focus beyond the end of the spoon.

LWW

sack316
12-11-2010, 10:50 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Gayle in MD</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
BTW, this thread is about Dick Cheney committing bribery, while CEO at halliburton.
</div></div>

My mistake, your post that said the following must have somehow confused me:

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">President Obama, didn't fail to prevent 9/11, the collapse of our economy, or create two unfinished wars.

He also didn't spend us into the deepest recession in over forty years. </div></div>

Sack

Gayle in MD
12-11-2010, 11:00 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: sack316</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Gayle in MD</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
</div></div>

My mistake, your post that said the following must have somehow confused me:

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">President Obama, didn't fail to prevent 9/11, the collapse of our economy, or create two unfinished wars.

He also didn't spend us into the deepest recession in over forty years. </div></div>

Sack </div></div>

<span style="color: #990000">Yes, it is your mistake. You took my post, out of context. It was an answer to Llotter, who also changed the subject of MY thread.

Now, if you have any opinions about what Dick Cheney did, fine, speak your mind, if not, stop changing the subject of MY thread.

G. </span>

eg8r
12-11-2010, 12:39 PM
LOL, trying to keep her on subject is a battle all in itself. Don't you dare step over the line though, it is not allowed.

eg8r