PDA

View Full Version : Cavs vs Lebron

eg8r
12-02-2010, 04:07 PM
So who is watching the game tonight? What predictions do you have?

I think the Heat are going to win in a blowout.
I think Lebron will have a normal game (as normal as he has been this year)
I don't think Lebron will throw powder in the air.

eg8r

eg8r
12-02-2010, 10:51 PM
Well I was correct on 1 out of 3. The Heat won in a blow out but Lebron had a big game and he threw the powder in the air. /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif

eg8r

sack316
12-03-2010, 05:24 AM
Lebron did say he knows his spots on that floor. Guess he wasn't kidding!

Sack

eg8r
12-03-2010, 07:45 AM
LOL, it was funny when the announcers brought that up. /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif I think it was right after his fade-away three pointer that is impossible to defend.

I think the best shot of the night was when Wade and Lebron ran down the court and Wade threw the ball up and Lebron grabbed it and banked the shot in all while getting fouled on the shooting hand. It was pretty awesome. Hate how the man handles his business but respect his talent.

eg8r

sack316
12-03-2010, 10:45 AM
yeah he is an amazing athlete! Wish he would have shown some loyalty to Cleveland, though. I mean, had they NOT been trying to surround him with the pieces needed to win a title I could understand him moving on... but they were trying. IIRC it was usually him that "fell off" a bit come playoff time.

What's his upside now? Maybe he wins a ring in Miami sometime... but even if he does it won't look as good as it would have doing it for Cleveland (for his personal legacy anyway).

But methinks we won't have to worry about that unless they can get a true point guard and probably a big man in the middle anyway.

Sack

eg8r
12-03-2010, 11:02 AM
I don't see any upside for him, he has proven he cannot carry a team all the way. If he wins in Miami he will get his ring but not the satisfaction that he is seeking. I gaurantee when his kids are growing up he doesn't tell them he needed two other superstars along with himself to win. Jodan and Kobe don't have that problem.

eg8r

sack316
12-03-2010, 11:11 AM
Yep, they are trying to win a championship with flash and superstars... which doesn't work in the real world. Someone will have to "step down" and be more of a role player as opposed to the superstar if they have any shot of being a "great" team.

Jordan knew how to be a team player, he could have scored thousands more points if he wanted to... Pippen coulda been a Jordan-like player himself on another team. But they all took their roles, played as a cohesive unit, and would just win win win. Kobe learned after a few years how to be more of a team player, and that's when he started getting some jewelry on his hands. The Spurs are another great example of teamwork over status as well. And the Celtics loaded up with superstars too, but each of them were willing to sacrifice personal accomplishment for team accomplishment and they took it all.

I don't know if this Miami team can truly put ego aside to do the deed. They talk a good game, but have yet to show it on the court.

Sack