PDA

View Full Version : Wiki leaks is being defended by Ron Paul

Qtec
12-04-2010, 08:59 AM
..and he's right.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">“In a free society we’re supposed to know the truth,” Paul said. “In a society where truth becomes treason, then we’re in big trouble. And now, people who are revealing the truth are getting into trouble for it.” </div></div>

Q

sack316
12-04-2010, 10:17 AM
I actually agree, the truth should come out... the people have a right to know the truth about what is/was going on. Except of course in cases where sensitive information could create an inherent danger to others. But otherwise, yeah let the truth out there.

Sack

Gayle in MD
12-04-2010, 10:50 AM
Did you notice how quickly everything on these leaks came to a schreeching halt, as soon as the leaker revealed that the next leaks would be about the corporate corruption, Banks, Wall Street, Environmental energy corruption, Pharma, all of the Republican's crooked Campaign contributing, cronies???? The Millionaire, billionaire thieves?

G.

sack316
12-04-2010, 11:59 AM
Secretary Clinton on the leaks:

http://www.state.gov/secretary/rm/2010/11/152078.htm

Sack

Gayle in MD
12-04-2010, 12:37 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: sack316</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Secretary Clinton on the leaks:

Sack </div></div>

My underatanding is that these new leaks, and the worst of the old ones, on foreign affairs, were about the goings on under Bush....

sack316
12-04-2010, 02:10 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Gayle in MD</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: sack316</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Secretary Clinton on the leaks:

Sack </div></div>

My underatanding is that these new leaks, and the worst of the old ones, on foreign affairs, were about the goings on under Bush.... </div></div>

Such things are included, but the leaks are not limited to that era. Julian Assange has targeted Hillary Clinton, even going as far as to say she "should resign" to Time Magazine.

Sack

Gayle in MD
12-05-2010, 04:04 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: sack316</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Gayle in MD</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: sack316</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Secretary Clinton on the leaks:

Sack </div></div>

My underatanding is that these new leaks, and the worst of the old ones, on foreign affairs, were about the goings on under Bush.... </div></div>

Such things are included, but the leaks are not limited to that era. Julian Assange has targeted Hillary Clinton, even going as far as to say she "should resign" to Time Magazine.

Sack </div></div>

I heard about that, but haven't read the story yet....

He's shooting at the moon, if he thinks Hillary will resign.

She has never quit on anything in her life.

Qtec
12-05-2010, 04:28 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">targeted Hillary Clinton, </div></div>

That's BS. All he said was that Hillary says one thing and does another. Much like every politician in the USA does.

Q

Gayle in MD
12-05-2010, 04:39 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">“In a free society we’re supposed to know the truth,” Paul said. “In a society where truth becomes treason, then we’re in big trouble. And now, people who are revealing the truth are getting into trouble for it.”

</div></div>

This has been going on at least since Nixon. Pretty sad, huh?
I haven't seen anything from the Wikkileaks that comes down to any lies being told by the current administration. Most of that stuff was already known.

IMO, the leaks, so far, and I haven't read all of them, but they seem to have exposed more bad stuff about the Bush Administration, from what I can gather.

G.

Qtec
12-05-2010, 04:54 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">“In a free society we’re supposed to know the truth,” </div></div>

...because in order to make an informed decision you have to know the facts.
Republicans lie all the time, that's why they hate facts. For proof check out my snall buisness thread.

Q

Gayle in MD
12-05-2010, 05:27 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Qtec</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> <div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">“In a free society we’re supposed to know the truth,” </div></div>

...because in order to make an informed decision you have to know the facts.
Republicans lie all the time, that's why they hate facts. For proof check out my snall buisness thread.

Q </div></div>

Yes, I read it. It's right on. The problem is, as we can readily see right here, that Republicans deny facts. That is their standard state of being, to deny reality, regardless of all the proof there is, they deny the facts.

I was watching a C-span2 show last night, from the Miami Book Fair, a panel discussion between leftie Bill Press, John Avlon, and idiot RW Doug Schoen, about the state of Ameican politics...it will be repeated at 9am EST this morning, btw, but the point was made about how during the Nixon administration, the right bought up the radio stations, and how much more RW radio there is, is not because of public demand, but because of the Republican effort to buy it up, and control it.

Most of what is on RW radio, is lies and hate, and that is what huge numbers of our society rely on, even more than news papers, the internet or televised news.

There is, in America, a vast RW conspiracy, to divide, with hate, and lies, and it's been going on for a very long titme.

As long as the right maintains control of the media, how much truth CAN get out there? Even C-Span, leans right, and it's obvious if you watch their call in shows, and pay attention to their scheduling on their live stuff...

Those who own the media, are all Millionaires, and Billionaries. Energy corporations.... Pharma, HC insurance, all flooded Republican campaigns with loads of money, they basically bought Republican seats, for Republicans, in order to get their way in the marketplace, and we know for sure, Republicans protect those who pollute the envrironment, and exploit the Middle Class, oil, energy, in general, medical insurance, Coal, pharma....

This is really going to become class warfare, IMO, but we have a whole segment of ignorant people in this country, who are too stupid to realize that when they vote for a Repubican, they are voting against their own best economic interests.

You'd think they'd have figured that out by now, after eight years of Bush, and more than that of a Republican Capital Hill, wouldn't you?

These are a bunch of angry, brain washed, "Christians" from the bible belt, and the lying RW scumbag pundits on talk radio, who have pushed their liteners to the far right, and the Middle, to the right, the resulting damages are obvious.

They're a radical Party, so radical, that Republicans from decades ago, now seem like Liberals, compared to the right of today.

And what about Libertarians these days? How do they support people like Palin, and Angle, who would legislate to force women, and young kids, even children, to bring to term a fetus that is the result of rape or incest????

I mean it, we have got a whole group of sicko's growing into a serious threat to democracy, and liberty, coming from RW radical BS that is filling the airwaves.

They obviously have no clue what "Fair and Balanced" means! They obviously don't even care about what it means. How can you debate anything with people who live in a state of denial???

G.

sack316
12-05-2010, 08:32 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Qtec</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> <div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">targeted Hillary Clinton, </div></div>

That's BS. All he said was that Hillary says one thing and does another. Much like every politician in the USA does.

Q </div></div>

He said she should resign. Wikileaks released cables that went out under the Secretary of State's name ordering foreign service agents to collect private data on United Nations officials last Sunday (ie telling diplomats to spy).

Another quote from Assange: "It's very important to remember the law is not what, not simply what powerful people would want others to believe it is. The law is not what a general says it is. The law is not what Hillary Clinton says it is."

You don't think that's targeting her?

Sack

sack316
12-05-2010, 08:37 AM
I also read the Huffpo article on the Clinton topic (Q, the headline is "Julian Assange: Hillary Clinton Should Resign", since you think what I said is 'BS' as you put it...there's a source I know you're good with). The comments below gave me a good chuckle, one in particular:
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">It's funny how most everyone is rallying around Assange in every other thread, but once he attack Hillary Clinton it's "hands off!". I don't get it. </div></div>

Sack

cushioncrawler
12-05-2010, 03:15 PM
Such has been the patient sufferings of the colonies; and such is now the necessity which constrains them to expunge their former systems of government. the history of his present majesty is a history of unremitting injuries and usurpations, among which no one fact stands single or solitary to contradict the uniform tenor of the rest, all of which have in direct object the establishment of an absolute tyranny over these states. To prove this, let facts be submitted to a candid world, for the truth of which we pledge a faith yet unsullied by falsehood.

eg8r
12-06-2010, 08:40 AM
I think he is absolutely wrong. Classified means classified, whether it is the truth or not, and if the info is stolen then it is treason to post it for all to see.

eg8r

eg8r
12-06-2010, 08:41 AM
Why should we stop spies from just stealing anything they want? If it is ok for this treasonist act to happen why care about any others?

eg8r

eg8r
12-06-2010, 08:43 AM
Purely hypothetical question here...What is one of the cables had Pelosi talking negatively about gay people in a private conversation and it caused a bunch of gay people to get killed? Would you then be excited about the information be handed out so easily?

eg8r

cushioncrawler
12-07-2010, 04:09 AM
Such has been the patient sufferings of the colonies; and such is now the necessity which constrains them to expunge their former systems of government. the history of his present majesty is a history of unremitting injuries and usurpations, among which no one fact stands single or solitary to contradict the uniform tenor of the rest, all of which have in direct object the establishment of an absolute tyranny over these states. To prove this, let facts be submitted to a candid world, for the truth of which we pledge a faith yet unsullied by falsehood.

Qtec
12-07-2010, 04:48 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: eg8r</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Purely hypothetical question here...What is one of the cables had Pelosi talking negatively about gay people in a private conversation and it caused a bunch of gay people to get killed? Would you then be excited about the information be handed out so easily?

eg8r </div></div>

You will need to give a more credible hypothetical example.

..........LIKE THIS.

What if wikileaks had absolute proof that the Bush Govt cherry picked the info, lied in presenting their case for war and deliberately mislead the Congress and the American people? That 5,000+ Americans died for nothing?

If this info was passed to various media sources, would you prosecute them all?
Should this info be suppressed because its classified?

What you want is giving Govts a free hand to break the law because if anyone tells they will end up in jail!

..a Govt for the people, etc ?

Q

eg8r
12-07-2010, 09:27 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">You will need to give a more credible hypothetical example.

..........LIKE THIS.

</div></div>No I don't. Just answer my question.

eg8r

Gayle in MD
12-07-2010, 09:34 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">The comments below gave me a good chuckle, one in particular:
Quote:It's funny how most everyone is rallying around Assange in every other thread, but once he attack Hillary Clinton it's "hands off!". I don't get it.

Sack </div></div>

<span style="color: #990000">Why? </span>

Gayle in MD
12-07-2010, 09:37 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: eg8r</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I think he is absolutely wrong. Classified means classified, whether it is the truth or not, and if the info is stolen then it is treason to post it for all to see.

eg8r </div></div>

But no problem when the Bush Administration leaks classified information, and puts our foreign spies in danger, Right?

G.

Gayle in MD
12-07-2010, 09:40 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Qtec</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: eg8r</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Purely hypothetical question here...What is one of the cables had Pelosi talking negatively about gay people in a private conversation and it caused a bunch of gay people to get killed? Would you then be excited about the information be handed out so easily?

eg8r </div></div>

You will need to give a more credible hypothetical example.

..........LIKE THIS.

What if wikileaks had absolute proof that the Bush Govt cherry picked the info, lied in presenting their case for war and deliberately mislead the Congress and the American people? That 5,000+ Americans died for nothing?

If this info was passed to various media sources, would you prosecute them all?
Should this info be suppressed because its classified?

What you want is giving Govts a free hand to break the law because if anyone tells they will end up in jail!

..a Govt for the people, etc ?

Q </div></div>

<span style="color: #990000">You mean like the underlings who told the truth about the Administration's directions on torturing the innocents, and then ended up in jail, for following orders? </span>

Gayle in MD
12-07-2010, 09:44 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: eg8r</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">You will need to give a more credible hypothetical example.

..........LIKE THIS.

</div></div>No I don't. Just answer my question.

eg8r </div></div>

<span style="color: #990000"> LOL...</span>

sack316
12-07-2010, 10:13 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Gayle in MD</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> <div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">The comments below gave me a good chuckle, one in particular:
Quote:It's funny how most everyone is rallying around Assange in every other thread, but once he attack Hillary Clinton it's "hands off!". I don't get it.

Sack </div></div>

<span style="color: #990000">Why? </span> </div></div>

Because the general tenor and tone of the Huffpo reader comments in other articles on the leaks are very different than they are on this one. And that is funny to Sack.

Sack

eg8r
12-07-2010, 12:46 PM
Do you agree with the statement I made or not? You don't seem to be intent on adding any value to the discussion.

eg8r

eg8r
12-07-2010, 12:47 PM
LOL, like you couldn't figure it out.

eg8r

cushioncrawler
12-07-2010, 01:54 PM

Gayle in MD
12-07-2010, 01:59 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: sack316</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Gayle in MD</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> <div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">The comments below gave me a good chuckle, one in particular:

Sack </div></div>

Because the general tenor and tone of the Huffpo reader comments in other articles on the leaks are very different than they are on this one. And that is funny to Sack.

Sack </div></div>

Yes, well I can see why you would think that way, just as I think Palin is a joke, but.... Republicans hate Pelosi, because she is so effective, and successful, in passing legislation, but in Palins case, people don't think she is capable of being vice pres. let alone pres....just saying...in my case, I think Palin is a joke, because she is a twit, a quitter, and a bad mother! /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/laugh.gif

Deeman3
12-07-2010, 02:45 PM
Palin was probably not prepared nor qualified to be the POTUS but, the same argument made by Clinton about Obama has certainly proven to be true and even the far left now sees this.

The Wikileaks may not be legal nor god for the US but perhaps it is time for us to see much more of the truth about all of Washington!

I am willing to see Bush's as long as others will be wiling to give the same scrutiny to those from Obama's administration.

Let's see what they have.

sack316
12-07-2010, 03:25 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Gayle in MD</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: sack316</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Gayle in MD</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> <div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">The comments below gave me a good chuckle, one in particular:

Sack </div></div>

Sack </div></div>

Yes, well I can see why you would think that way, just as I think Palin is a joke, but.... Republicans hate Pelosi, because she is so effective, and successful, in passing legislation, but in Palins case, people don't think she is capable of being vice pres. let alone pres....just saying...in my case, I think Palin is a joke, because she is a twit, a quitter, and a bad mother! /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/laugh.gif </div></div>

Where'd Pelosi/Palin come from on this?

The joke wasn't on one of the public figures, the har har was on the quick turn of the Huffpo readers on Assange once his leaks/commentary mentioned one of "their own".

Sack

Gayle in MD
12-08-2010, 03:51 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Palin was probably not prepared nor qualified to be the POTUS but, </div></div>

<span style="color: #990000">But???? There is no "But" as far as I'm concerned. No credible comparison at all, between Palin, and this President. Taking something that Clinton said in the heat of a campaign, is hardly proof of anyting, as far as I can see.

I'm not on board with all of this president's decisions, but I have yet to see him disgrace the office of the presidency in the many ways which Bush and his crew of oil CEO treasonists, at the top of his administration, destroyed America's honor, economy, and future.

I have yet to see President Obama, make the irrational, dangerous, damaging decisions, which George Bush is so proud of having made.

We've all already seen the documentation for most of Bush's treasonists lies and economic disasters, and when and if even more are revealed, so what, the right will just insist they never happened, regardless of the proof, as we see here regularly.</span>

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> the same argument made by Clinton about Obama has certainly proven to be true and even the far left now sees this.

</div></div>

<span style="color: #990000">I'd say the far left would still say they are far more relieved, that President Obama IS running the show, nor more than ever.

The far left is far more relieved, now, kowing that McInsane didn't win, and that Palin is only in a position to put her kids lives at risk, if that must be so, instead of the entire United States Of America.

Now that the full depth of the Bush Administration's multi quagmires, historically poor and dangerous governing, failed policies, treason, dangerous national damages, lies and deceit, IOW, the full revelations of his piss poor legacy, are so much more obvious, NO, the far left isn't seeing any such thing, they are thanking their lucky stars, that John McInsane and the Mooseburger, are not in charge of overturning this worst legacy ever left by any Administration!

G.</span>

Gayle in MD
12-08-2010, 04:07 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: sack316</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Gayle in MD</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: sack316</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Gayle in MD</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> <div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">The comments below gave me a good chuckle, one in particular:

Sack </div></div>

Sack </div></div>

Yes, well I can see why you would think that way, just as I think Palin is a joke, but.... Republicans hate Pelosi, because she is so effective, and successful, in passing legislation, but in Palins case, people don't think she is capable of being vice pres. let alone pres....just saying...in my case, I think Palin is a joke, because she is a twit, a quitter, and a bad mother! /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/laugh.gif </div></div>

The joke wasn't on one of the public figures, the har har was on the quick turn of the Huffpo readers on Assange once his leaks/commentary mentioned one of "their own".

Sack </div></div>

<span style="color: #990000">I understood your "joke" Sack.

I haven't seen any revelations of Hillary committing treason, and the left remaining in complete denial over it.

But yeah, most from the left would not stand for criticisms of Hillary, but their reaction has more to do with,.... who the hell is this guy, to "call" for any damn thing that ANYONE in our country should or shouldn't do!

Now if Hillary was seen paddling Chelsea closer to feeding, hungry female bears with cubs, then he might have some point to make, about her piss poor mothering, but not about the fine job she has done as Secretary Of State.

He has nothing on Hillary, and njo right to "Call" for a dman thing...

G.</span>

Gayle in MD
12-08-2010, 04:12 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: eg8r</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Why should we stop spies from just stealing anything they want? If it is ok for this treasonist act to happen why care about any others?

eg8r </div></div>

<span style="color: #990000"> But no problem when the Bush Administration leaks classified information, and puts our foreign spies in danger, Right?

G.
</span>

LWW
12-08-2010, 04:53 AM
I actually side with Paul and believe that Assange isn't the real bad guy in this.

I also don't buy the idea that a PFC was able to do this damage by himself.

When will the regime go after the private's superiors?

When will we have investigations into who, and at what levels, in our government was behind this on our side.

LWW

LWW
12-08-2010, 04:53 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Gayle in MD</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: eg8r</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Why should we stop spies from just stealing anything they want? If it is ok for this treasonist act to happen why care about any others?

eg8r </div></div>

<span style="color: #990000"> But no problem when the Bush Administration leaks classified information, and puts our foreign spies in danger, Right?

G.
</span> </div></div>

When did they do that?

LWW

eg8r
12-08-2010, 08:36 AM
Are you going to answer my question?

eg8r

eg8r
12-08-2010, 08:37 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I haven't seen any revelations of Hillary committing treason, and the left remaining in complete denial over it.

</div></div>Who said anything about Hillary committing treason?

eg8r

eg8r
12-08-2010, 08:40 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">But???? There is no "But" as far as I'm concerned. No credible comparison at all, between Palin, and this President.</div></div>And you have never been more correct. Palin had more experience and better qualifications, she ran an entire state and it was better off when she left than when she got there. She stood behind her decisions and did not bow to big oil. Obama, had no qualifications, and rarely ever voted except for that one time when he stole money out of the mouths of the Katrina victims to make sure the bridge to nowhere got funded.

eg8r

sack316
12-08-2010, 10:26 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Gayle in MD</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: sack316</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Gayle in MD</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: sack316</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Gayle in MD</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> <div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">The comments below gave me a good chuckle, one in particular:

Sack </div></div>

Sack </div></div>

Sack </div></div>

I haven't seen any revelations of Hillary committing treason, and the left remaining in complete denial over it.

But yeah, most from the left would not stand for criticisms of Hillary, but their reaction has more to do with,.... who the hell is this guy, to "call" for any damn thing that ANYONE in our country should or shouldn't do!

Now if Hillary was seen paddling Chelsea closer to feeding, hungry female bears with cubs, then he might have some point to make, about her piss poor mothering, but not about the fine job she has done as Secretary Of State.

G.</span> </div></div>

That last little bit would be my point exactly!

Digressing for a sec, FWIW I think Hillary has done a fine job. And if, as Assange says, her name is on documents telling diplomats to perform espionage type activities, I'm sure it was for good reason and am also sure she's not the first to do it. May not be good for a trust factor in those foreign relations, but still I'm sure there is some logical reason.

Back to it now: "but their reaction has more to do with,.... who the hell is this guy, to "call" for any damn thing that ANYONE in our country should or shouldn't do!"

I guess who he is would be a hero to lefties when doing the same thing in regards to republican officials, and a villain when done to democrat officials... which is ironic... which is funny.

On one hand he's praised by the left for putting truth out there, but when it's something they don't like it turns into "who the hell is this guy" /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/confused.gif

Sack

Gayle in MD
12-08-2010, 10:42 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: sack316</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Gayle in MD</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: sack316</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Gayle in MD</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: sack316</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Gayle in MD</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> <div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">The comments below gave me a good chuckle, one in particular:

Sack </div></div>

Sack </div></div>

Sack </div></div>

G.</span> </div></div>

That last little bit would be my point exactly!

Digressing for a sec, FWIW I think Hillary has done a fine job. And if, as Assange says, her name is on documents telling diplomats to perform espionage type activities, I'm sure it was for good reason and am also sure she's not the first to do it. May not be good for a trust factor in those foreign relations, but still I'm sure there is some logical reason.

Back to it now: "but their reaction has more to do with,.... who the hell is this guy, to "call" for any damn thing that ANYONE in our country should or shouldn't do!"

I guess who he is would be a hero to lefties when doing the same thing in regards to republican officials, and a villain when done to democrat officials... which is ironic... which is funny.

On one hand he's praised by the left for putting truth out there, but when it's something they don't like it turns into "who the hell is this guy" /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/confused.gif

Sack </div></div>\
<span style="color: #990000">At least they aren't launching their own campaign of total denial over documented facts...and outing secret CIA agents, while putting their peers in danger, in the process.

It's one thing to defend those whom you trust the most, it's quite another to re-write facts, twisting them to suit a partisan agenda.

Not saying that you personally do that, but the right does that, as a rule.

G. </span>

Gayle in MD
12-08-2010, 10:52 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: eg8r</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Why should we stop spies from just stealing anything they want? If it is ok for this treasonist act to happen why care about any others?

eg8r </div></div>

Did I say we should stop this? No. I didn't.

Secondly, is this man a United States citizen? No.

How can one commit treason against the United States, when one is not a citizen of the United States?

G.

Deeman3
12-08-2010, 11:40 AM
I agree. The charge would have to be espionage not treason, the treason is on the that gay private that stole the information.

There may be reasonable questions about the espionage s well but I am not so sure that thisnwill not be for the best in the end.

Gayle in MD
12-08-2010, 01:46 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Deeman3</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I agree. The charge would have to be espionage not treason, the treason is on the that gay private that stole the information.

There may be reasonable questions about the espionage s well but I am not so sure that thisnwill not be for the best in the end. </div></div>
I hadn't heard he was gay, but his sexual preference is hardly an issue in this story, IMO.

I am just sorry that the next batch, about the hedge funders, and bankers, the Wall Street Crooks, probably won't get out, now.

I haven't really made any decision about how I feel about this leaking. I think there will be some damages to the work of our foreign ambassadors, and such. I can't begin to assess the damages, yet, as far as my own opinion.

I am generally speaking, all for daylight, on everything that our Government does. I think there would probably be fewer wars, if all of the people know the truth, about everything.

I also think we should have a war tax, policy. No wars, unless the people agree to a war tax, to pay for them.

No wars unless there is also a draft included.

G.

eg8r
12-08-2010, 02:14 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I hadn't heard he was gay, but his sexual preference is hardly an issue in this story, IMO.

I am just sorry that the next batch, about the hedge funders, and bankers, the Wall Street Crooks, probably won't get out, now.

</div></div>So do you want the espionage to stop or to continue? Or do you just want to cherry pick which data you would like to reveal? LOL, and you call me a piece of work.

Stealing classified information is wrong whether you think it will get your bad guys or not. What is wrong with you people?

eg8r

cushioncrawler
12-08-2010, 04:10 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Gayle in MD</div><div class="ubbcode-body">.....I am generally speaking, all for daylight, on everything that our Government does. I think there would probably be fewer wars, if all of the people know the truth, about everything.

I also think we should have a war tax, policy. No wars, unless the people agree to a war tax, to pay for them.

No wars unless there is also a draft included......</div></div>Gayle.
Yes, the leaks iz about the future rather than the past.
Yes, a war-tax -- on biznesses only i think.
Yes, a draft -- no exemptions.
mac.

sack316
12-08-2010, 04:29 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: cushioncrawler</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
Yes, a draft -- no exemptions.
</div></div>

She didn't mean beer, you wild Aussie /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/wink.gif

Sack

cushioncrawler
12-08-2010, 04:37 PM
Luckyly i dont drink much beer.
Even so i uzually need 3 or 4 wikileaks each nite.
mac.

Deeman3
12-08-2010, 05:02 PM
Let's just hope you keep your "source"covered! /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif

Qtec
12-09-2010, 07:48 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> Stealing classified information is wrong whether you think it will get your bad guys or not. What is wrong with you people?

eg8r </div></div>

Assange didn't steal anything. What's wrong with you?

Q

eg8r
12-09-2010, 08:36 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Assange didn't steal anything. What's wrong with you?

</div></div>You really just don't have any common sense at all do you. Do I need to spell it out for you again? We already went through this. He did not have to do the actual stealing. He knew it was stolen classified information and he did not return it and turn in the person that stole the info. He decided to give it to the world and he is an accomplice. He deserves maximum jail time.

Man, first your get all excited when your favorite terrorist group lobs bombs at innocent women and children and now you are a supporter of espionage. What is wrong with you?

eg8r

Gayle in MD
12-09-2010, 09:17 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: eg8r</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I hadn't heard he was gay, but his sexual preference is hardly an issue in this story, IMO.

</div></div>So do you want the espionage to stop or to continue? Or do you just want to cherry pick which data you would like to reveal? LOL, and you call me a piece of work.

<span style="color: #CC0000">But no problem when the Bush Administration leaks classified information, and puts our foreign spies in danger, Right? I'll answer your question, when you answer mine!

G.
</span>

Stealing classified information is wrong whether you think it will get your bad guys or not. What is wrong with you people?

eg8r </div></div>

<span style="color: #CC0000">What iw wrong with you????

Assange didn't steal Classified information. What's it going to take for you to get the story straight? Yes, you're a piece of work, too much work, because your questions, are never reasonable questions, hennce, your contributions often just muddy up the waters, with nothing that is even relevant to the issues.

AGAIN:

But no problem when the Bush Administration leaks classified information, and puts our foreign spies in danger, Right?

G.
</span>

eg8r
12-09-2010, 09:48 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">But no problem when the Bush Administration leaks classified information, and puts our foreign spies in danger, Right? I'll answer your question, when you answer mine!

</div></div>If you have bothered to pay attention to my responses lately, if you choose to go off subject then I will ignore your response and try to redirect you BACK to the subject. Let's try again...<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">So do you want the espionage to stop or to continue? Or do you just want to cherry pick which data you would like to reveal? LOL, and you call me a piece of work.

</div></div>

Now for the rest of your babbling...<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Assange didn't steal Classified information. What's it going to take for you to get the story straight? Yes, you're a piece of work, too much work, because your questions, are never reasonable questions, hennce, your contributions often just muddy up the waters, with nothing that is even relevant to the issues.

</div></div>When did you decide to throw common sense out the window and just act completely ignorant? Was it when you thought it might tear down the Bush empire so now you don't care about the law? If two people walk into a bank with guns, bank robber A holds everyone hostage at gunpoint while bank robber B is busily filling the bags with money do you think when they get caught Bank Robber A gets away scot free because he did not do the actual stealing? WHAT IS WRONG WITH YOUR FREAKING PEOPLE????

Is playing ignorant to our laws the "in thing" right now if you are a lefty?

eg8r

Qtec
12-09-2010, 10:01 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">He knew it was stolen classified information </div></div>

Yeah, in America!

make your mind up, you claim non Americans are not entitled to the protection offered by the USCON, but now you want US law to be applied to the same people?

Q

eg8r
12-09-2010, 10:07 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Yeah, in America!

make your mind up, you claim non Americans are not entitled to the protection offered by the USCON, but now you want US law to be applied to the same people?

</div></div>Yep, I want him tried in America. I want him to spend the rest of his life in jail. If you want a little compromise from me because that is too harsh then I will permit conjugal visits so you can see your hero.

eg8r

Qtec
12-09-2010, 10:11 AM
Typical , a non answer.

Q

Qtec
12-09-2010, 10:12 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> Yep, I want him tried in America.</div></div>

What's the charge?

Q

eg8r
12-09-2010, 10:17 AM
That is because you don't like the response, you wanted an argument and I just put it out there. I want him tried in America, plain and simple.

eg8r

eg8r
12-09-2010, 10:17 AM
Espionage is a great start. By the time he gets extradicted we will be able to come up with a whole lot more.

eg8r

Gayle in MD
12-09-2010, 11:36 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: eg8r</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">But no problem when the Bush Administration leaks classified information, and puts our foreign spies in danger, Right? I'll answer your question, when you answer mine!

</div></div>If you have bothered to pay attention to my responses lately, if you choose to go off subject then I will ignore your response and try to redirect you BACK to the subject. Let's try again...<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">So do you want the espionage to stop or to continue? Or do you just want to cherry pick which data you would like to reveal? LOL, and you call me a piece of work.

</div></div>

Now for the rest of your babbling...<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Assange didn't steal Classified information. What's it going to take for you to get the story straight? Yes, you're a piece of work, too much work, because your questions, are never reasonable questions, hennce, your contributions often just muddy up the waters, with nothing that is even relevant to the issues.

</div></div>When did you decide to throw common sense out the window and just act completely ignorant?

<span style="color: #990000"> When are you going to learn how to act like an adult? </span>

Was it when you thought it might tear down the Bush empire so now you don't care about the law? If two people walk into a bank with guns, bank robber A holds everyone hostage at gunpoint while bank robber B is busily filling the bags with money do you think when they get caught Bank Robber A gets away scot free because he did not do the actual stealing? WHAT IS WRONG WITH YOUR FREAKING PEOPLE????

Is playing ignorant to our laws the "in thing" right now if you are a lefty?

eg8r </div></div>

[quote]Assange didn't steal Classified information. What's it going to take for you to get the story straight? Yes, you're a piece of work, too much work, because your questions, are never reasonable questions, hence, your contributions often just muddy up the waters, with nothing that is even relevant to the issues.

<span style="color: #990000"> I already wrote a post, in this thread, expressing my entire opinion on the matter, thus far.

If you weren't so anxious to irritate people all of the time, maybe you could read and understand what people are writing, without jumping for an opportunity to try to buid a case that someone else is a hypocrite!

G.

</span>

eg8r
12-09-2010, 12:15 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">If you weren't so anxious to irritate people all of the time, maybe you could read and understand what people are writing, without jumping for an opportunity to try to buid a case that someone else is a hypocrite!

</div></div>So then you just wanted to be argumentative? You consider that being "adult"?

eg8r

Gayle in MD
12-09-2010, 07:41 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: eg8r</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">If you weren't so anxious to irritate people all of the time, maybe you could read and understand what people are writing, without jumping for an opportunity to try to buid a case that someone else is a hypocrite!

</div></div>So then you just wanted to be argumentative? You consider that being "adult"?

eg8r </div></div>

<span style="color: #990000"> already wrote a post, in this thread, expressing my entire opinion on the matter, thus far.

If you weren't so anxious to irritate people all of the time, maybe you could read and understand what people are writing, without jumping for an opportunity to try to buid a case that someone else is a hypocrite!

G.

</span>