PDA

View Full Version : On to the BCS Championship!

sack316
12-04-2010, 07:07 PM
My Auburn Tigers completely dAUminated in today's SEC title game! Put a whoopin on the ol' ball coach and South Carolina!

So proud of those boys, keeping focus through all the distractions and fighting hard from behind all season long.

Auburn vs. Oregon for all the marbles, should be a pretty damn good game!

Sack

Deeman3
12-04-2010, 08:08 PM
Can you believe they have the Ducks favored? I can't.

pooltchr
12-04-2010, 09:22 PM
I was glad to see Auburn win, but you gotta admit, unless you are an Auburn fan, the game wasn't very exciting. Cam was very impressive with 6 touchdowns, but I honestly enjoyed the 'bama game more.

Pulling for the Hokies tonight in the ACC championship. Up by 4 at the half. I had a chance to go to that one, but honestly had no desire to sit out there at BofA stadium in the freezing drizzle we have here tonight. My big screen and recliner are much more inviting!

Steve

sack316
12-04-2010, 11:12 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Deeman3</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Can you believe they have the Ducks favored? I can't. </div></div>

I haven't seen the line yet on the game. I will give credit to Oregon, they are a hell of a team and have speed speed speed. With that said, it's hard to compare the two with no common opponents, but looking over the body of work:

Auburn- 6 wins over currently ranked teams. 3 of which (Bama, Arkansas, and LSU) were legit National Title contenders whose only losses were to Auburn and each other. Take out the loss to KY and South Carolina would be in that same category.

Oregon- 2 wins over currently ranked teams, Stanford being the only really quality opponent... and Arizona is the other one, who will be dropping out of the rankings this week.

I think it should be a good game... but if this was a job interview and I was looking over those two resumes, there's no way in hell I'd be picking Oregon.

I was very happy to see Auburn put together a complete game for once this year. As fun and exciting as all these crazy comebacks have been (I think 8 of our 13 wins were the come from behind variety), they showed they are fully capable of dominating a game.

Here's hoping they can do it one more time a little over a month from now!

Sack

sack316
12-04-2010, 11:16 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: pooltchr</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I was glad to see Auburn win, but you gotta admit, unless you are an Auburn fan, the game wasn't very exciting. Cam was very impressive with 6 touchdowns, but I honestly enjoyed the 'bama game more.</div></div>

I enjoyed this game the most because it was the first one I didn't have to sweat the whole time chain smoking like a madman /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/wink.gif But for the non Auburn fan I imagine it was a bit of a bore lol

Sack

eg8r
12-06-2010, 08:18 AM
It is going to be a good game and I am happy to see some new teams showing up (Oregon).

eg8r