PDA

View Full Version : This is too much. #397

Qtec
12-04-2010, 11:56 PM
you might want to have a bucket handy before you watch this. Just seeing these two lying liars lying together makes my stomach turn.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Sen. Jim DeMint and Rep. Mike Pence made an appearance on John King's show with their latest set of demands on extending tax cuts for the rich. </div></div>

watch it (http://videocafe.crooksandliars.com/heather/demint-and-pence-push-permanent-extension-)

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">REP. MIKE PENCE (R), INDIANA: Well look, there's no question and Senator DeMint and I are of one mind and have been for many years, we've got to put our fiscal house in order with restraint, with budget cuts, with entitlement reform. But job one right now needs to be to get this economy growing again. And I've got to tell you the last thing -- back home in Indiana the last thing anybody wants to see Washington do in the worst economy in 25 years is raise taxes on anybody.

And the House actually just voted today to allow a tax increase on small business owners and family farmers and what Jim and I are advocating I think would be broadly supported by the majority of the American people and that is not a tax increase in four weeks, not a tax increase in one year or two years -- let's begin the pathway back to prosperity by saying that the tax rates are what they are. Let's permanently extend all the current tax rates and then we can begin to build and rebuild our economy on top of that certainty. </div></div>

The Bush tax cuts for the rich didn't work! Even Pence admitted that!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><span style='font-size: 14pt'>Rep. Pence Inadvertently Admits Bush Tax Cuts Did Not Work:</span>

Today, Rep. Mike Pence (R-IN) made a startling admission: the Bush tax cuts did not work. "I think it's fair to say, if the current tax rates were enough to create jobs and generate economic growth, we'd have a growing economy," he said. "It's not working now."

PENCE: Jim DeMint and I are offering legislation on Capitol Hill today to say, look, let's make all the current tax rates permanent, uh, and then let's start to work from there toward putting in place the kind of policies that'll really get this economy moving again. <span style='font-size: 20pt'>You know, I think it's fair to say, <u>if the current tax rates were enough to create jobs and generate economic growth we'd have a growing economy. It's not working now.</u></span> Let's at least give some certainty there and then we'll fight for<span style='font-size: 17pt'> more tax relief</span>. </div></div> link (http://videocafe.crooksandliars.com/heather/mike-pence-inadvertently-admits-bush-tax-c)

Lets have more of the same he now says.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> Were the Bush Tax Cuts Good for Growth?
By DAVID LEONHARDT

Liz Peek at FoxNews.com congratulates me for writing about the importance of economic growth. So in the spirit of maximizing growth, I want to pose a question: Why should we believe that extending the Bush tax cuts will provide a big lift to growth?

<span style='font-size: 20pt'>Those tax cuts passed in 2001 amid big promises about what they would do for the economy. What followed? <span style="color: #990000">The decade with the slowest average annual growth since World War II.</span> Amazingly, that statement is true even if you forget about the Great Recession and simply look at 2001-7.</span>

The competition for slowest growth is not even close, either. Growth from 2001 to 2007 averaged 2.39 percent a year (and growth from 2001 through the third quarter of 2010 averaged 1.66 percent). The decade with the second-worst showing for growth was 1971 to 1980 the dreaded 1970s but it still had 3.21 percent average growth.</div></div>

But wait, surely 4 Trillion in tax cuts must have created a lot of jobs........right?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><span style='font-size: 17pt'>The lost decade for the economy.</span>

<span style='font-size: 14pt'>The U.S. economy has <u>expanded at a healthy clip for most of the last 70 years,</u> but by a wide range of measures, <u>it stagnated in the first decade of the new millennium.</u></span> <span style='font-size: 23pt'>Job growth was essentially zero, </span>as modest job creation from 2003 to 2007 wasn't enough to make up for two recessions in the decade. <span style="color: #990000">Rises in the nation's economic output, as measured by gross domestic product, was weak. And household net worth, when adjusted for inflation, fell as stock prices stagnated, home prices declined in the second half of the decade and consumer debt skyrocketed </span></div></div>

link (http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/graphic/2010/01/01/GR2010010101478.html)

http://media3.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/graphic/2010/01/01/GR2010010101478.jpg

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> <span style="color: #3333FF">This isn't a subjective question open to debate; we tried a policy and we can evaluate its results. In this case, Republicans said Bush's tax policy would produce wonders for the economy, and they got exactly what they wanted. We now know, however, that the policy didn't generate robust growth, didn't create millions of new jobs, didn't spur entrepreneurship and innovation, and certainly didn't keep a balanced budget.

And now, as the failed tax policy is set to expire, what's the new Republican message? That this policy must be extended at all costs, and anyone who disagrees is putting the economy at risk.

They not only say this with a straight face, the argument in support of a policy we already know didn't work manages to scare a whole lot of Dems.</span> </div></div>

Q

Gayle in MD
12-05-2010, 07:52 AM
WE all know, trickle down has never worked.

No country can grow when only the top two percent, are doing well, and all else have stagnant wages, job losses, and cut back on educational subsidies.

Republicans will continue to redistribute wealthy to the top two percent, until the depression hits.

American Middle Class has consistantly dealt with stagnant, and lower wages, given the impact of cost of living, since Reagan's trickle down theories failed, and created a recession.

No society, can grow, when the top two percent are the only ones in a society whose economic pieace of the pie, keeps getting bigger, while all the rest lose ground.

As long as Republicans protect the top from tax increases, we will continue to have a worse and worse deficit, next year, 32 billion dollar hole, from more tax cuts for the wealthy.

Repubs are killing off the workingg class, the middle class and the poor....with the same failed policies that destroyed the economy.,

/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/crazy.gif