PDA

View Full Version : Is Barack Obama Stupid?

Qtec
12-05-2010, 01:20 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">New CBS News poll out confirms every other poll weíve seen on the topic Ė the American people are solidly against tax cuts for the rich.

<span style='font-size: 14pt'>53% of respondents said there should only be tax cuts for the middle class and no tax cuts for people making over $250,000.</span> Thatís the number most people in the media are using, but thatís not quite accurate. Another 14% said they donít want tax cuts for anybody, including the top bracket. <span style='font-size: 17pt'>So, the reality is that an overwhelming 67% of the country donít want tax cuts for the rich (including 52% of Republican voters!). Only 26% said that everyone should get a tax cut, including the rich.
</span>
So, letís do the math for people who are a little slow. Thatís 67% to 26%. Thatís a crushing 41% lead. If it was an election, that margin would be so large they would think it was rigged. The group that doesnít want tax cuts for the rich is more than two and half times the group that does.

If that werenít enough, there is an internal memo being sent around to Democrats on the Hill by Anzalone Liszt Research that shows that 77% of Americans would let the Bush tax cuts for the rich expire if the extra money went toward helping small businesses and balancing the budget. 77%!!!

Now, as a politician, how stupid do you have to be on the other side of this issue? . . . </div></div>

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Pence: ...back home in Indiana the last thing anybody wants to see Washington do in the worst economy in 25 years is raise taxes on anybody.

..what Jim and I are advocating I think would be<span style='font-size: 17pt'> broadly supported by the majority of the American people</span> and that is not a tax increase in four weeks, not a tax increase in one year or two years -- let's begin the pathway back to prosperity by saying that the tax rates are what they are.</div></div>

Liar.

Q

Gayle in MD
12-05-2010, 03:47 AM
Pence is such a Liar.

Someobdy on cable laid Pence out good, last week. I think it was Chris matthews, on Hardball. I'll try to find it.

G.

LWW
12-05-2010, 06:34 AM
Where's a link to the poll?

LWW

pooltchr
12-05-2010, 08:43 AM
What are these "tax cuts" they speak of? There is no discussion going on about any tax cuts. They are talking about raising taxes on some people from the present levels. The Reps are fighting to keep tax rates from going up.

Steve

LWW
12-05-2010, 09:23 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: pooltchr</div><div class="ubbcode-body">What are these "tax cuts" they speak of? There is no discussion going on about any tax cuts. They are talking about raising taxes on some people from the present levels. The Reps are fighting to keep tax rates from going up.

Steve </div></div>

Once they are renewed, they will chant the benefits of the "OBAMA TAX CUTS" at the top of their collectivist lungs.

LWW

eg8r
12-06-2010, 08:31 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">53% of respondents said there should only be tax cuts for the middle class and no tax cuts for people making over $250,000.</div></div>I think if you are presently receiving a handout from the government you should not be allowed to vote in these polls.

eg8r

LWW
12-06-2010, 05:27 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: LWW</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Where's a link to the poll?

LWW </div></div>

I guess it was a fantasy?

LWW