PDA

View Full Version : What a pu$$y.

Qtec
12-05-2010, 02:35 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
Republican senators, joined by a handful of moderate Democrats, led a filibuster Saturday to block consideration of two Democratic proposals to permanently extend the expiring Bush tax cuts for all but the highest earners, arguing that the Bush-era cuts should be extended for income levels.

In a rare weekend session, senators voted 36 to 53 against moving to a House-passed bill that would have extended the Bush-era tax reductions for everyone making less than $250,000, as well as the first $250,000 of income for higher earners. That was seven votes short of the three-fifths majority (60) needed to break the filibuster. Four Democrats-- Joe Manchin of West Virginia, Jim Webb of Virginia, Ben Nelson of Nebraska, and Russ Feingold of Wisconsin-- voted with the Republicans to block action on the bill, as did Sen. Joe Lieberman, an independent from Connecticut.

Later, by a 37 to 53 vote, <u>the Senate also stopped consideration of "the Millionaires' Tax,"</u> a bill that would have extended the Bush tax cuts for every American making less than $1 million per year, while returning income taxes to 2001 levels for everyone making more than $1 million annually. Democratic Sens. Richard Durbin of Illinois, Tom Harkin of Iowa, Jay Rockefeller of West Virginia and Feingold, along with Lieberman, voted with the Republicans.

President Obama said he was "very disappointed" in the Senate votes, but he added that what happened Saturday <span style='font-size: 20pt'>"cannot be the end of the discussion" on tax relief</span></div></div>

What he should have said,

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">There is no more discussion. The GOP have drawn their line in the sand and so have I. Let it be clear and loudly proclaimed that the GOP are holding the unemployed hostage until they get their tax cuts for the richest Americans. In a time of crisis, when we have a serious unemployment situation and people losing their houses and jobs ,I will not add to the deficit and borrow another $800 Billion to pacify the GOP base.
I will not repeat the same mistakes the last Admin did.</div></div>

Q

Gayle in MD
12-05-2010, 03:43 AM
Tap Tap Tap. I do wish he would say just that.

There is something strange about the ones who voted with the Repubs, something that doesn't make sense to me, being familiar with these particular Dems, and their usual voting M.O.,...IMO, something's up. Something we may not know about. I could be wrong, but it doesn't make sense.

G.

LWW
12-05-2010, 06:03 AM
I wish he would have also.

LWW

eg8r
12-06-2010, 08:27 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Later, by a 37 to 53 vote, the Senate also stopped consideration of "the Millionaires' Tax," a bill that would have extended the Bush tax cuts for every American making less than $1 million per year</div></div>That was the sinister gimmick by the Dems to try and get more votes.

eg8r

Qtec
12-07-2010, 03:50 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: eg8r</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Later, by a 37 to 53 vote, the Senate also stopped consideration of "the Millionaires' Tax," a bill that would have extended the Bush tax cuts for every American making less than $1 million per year</div></div>That was the sinister gimmick by the Dems to try and get more votes.

eg8r </div></div>

Its called a <span style='font-size: 17pt'>compromise</span>.

Geez.

Q

eg8r
12-07-2010, 09:25 AM
LOL, which is exactly what the Reps were doing when you called them sinister. Geez.

eg8r

Gayle in MD
12-07-2010, 09:55 AM
<span style="color: #990000">The Republicans obstructed everything they possibly could obstruct for two years! That's not compromise!!!!

Justifying it by saying their main goal is for the President to fail? That's not sinister? That's not obstructionism, for political gain?

The economists said the stimulus should have been larger. Republicans said they would obstruct it if it was larger.
It was reduced, and they voted against it anyway. That's compromise? That's isn't sinister?

They lied, over and over, saying that President Obama didn't include them in the decision making process. Democratics included 187 of their amendments, five committees with Republicans on every single one, they voted against it anyway. We all saw the President, on film, discussing the HC bill with the Republicans, several times. Baltimore and the White House. They refused to even discuss it at the W.H.,. Just said start over! Obstructionism AGAIN.

Now, you're calling any democratic outrage, sinister? After they've been bashed for deficit spending while trying to get us out of the Bush Recessison, and the massive debts the Repiglicans ran up under their own majority, not paying for anything, then they get back in and the first thing they do is borrow more money from foreign countries, to pay off Millionaires, and billionaires, when the CBO has shown, it does not stimulate the economy? But Dems, are sinister???

UNBELIEVABLE!

/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/crazy.gif

G.

</span>

eg8r
12-07-2010, 12:45 PM
Do you know what I am referring to?

eg8r

Qtec
12-08-2010, 02:49 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: eg8r</div><div class="ubbcode-body">LOL, which is exactly what the Reps were doing when you called them sinister. Geez.

eg8r </div></div>

Are you talking about the Bush Tax cuts 10 year rule?

Q..if so you are wildly wrong.

LWW
12-08-2010, 04:23 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Gayle in MD</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> <span style="color: #990000">The Republicans obstructed everything they possibly could obstruct for two years!

UNBELIEVABLE!

/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/crazy.gif

G.

</span> </div></div>

Bwess their widdle hearts.

LWW

Gayle in MD
12-08-2010, 11:06 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Qtec</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: eg8r</div><div class="ubbcode-body">LOL, which is exactly what the Reps were doing when you called them sinister. Geez.

eg8r </div></div>

Are you talking about the Bush Tax cuts 10 year rule?

Q..if so you are wildly wrong. </div></div>

BTW, when I called the four Dems offices, yesterday, I was told they voted against the Dem Bill, because they wanted the $250,000 mark, raised to one million.

Just an up-date.

None of the offices would say how their Rep was going to vote on any coming votes...

G.

eg8r
12-08-2010, 12:39 PM
Wrong how? You called their compromise sinister yet you are ok with this compromise because it suits your ideology.

eg8r

Qtec
12-09-2010, 04:16 AM
What are you babbling about? I'm mind a mind reader!

Q

eg8r
12-09-2010, 08:15 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">What are you babbling about? I'm mind a mind reader!

</div></div>What are you babbling about?

eg8r