PDA

View Full Version : Robert Reich C-Span2 @ 7am Today!

Gayle in MD
12-05-2010, 04:11 AM
Former labor secretary Robert Reich ("Aftershock") discusses the root cause of the 2008 economic collapse: a disparity in wealth so extreme that the middle class must rely on credit to achieve a decent standard of living.

It will be repeated from 8 to 9 pm tonight, and again from 7 to 8 am on Monday morning.

cushioncrawler
12-05-2010, 03:03 PM
Interesting.
I reckon that all costs all pricing iz 100% labour -- if u inklood profit az being labour allso -- which it iz -- in fakt labour iz profit mostly allso -- u kan say that all costs and prices are 100% profit if u like -- i am happy both ways.

Anyhow, thusly, anything made and anything sold can theoretikly find a buyer (not important).

But achieving a decent standard of living and needing credit iz interesting. I am skeptikal -- i think it mainly reflekts our/their attitudes.

Part of the answer (problem) iz growth.
Krappynomix sees growth az being good, in fakt vital.
But it aint -- growth iz poizon.

If we had zero population-growth -- we wouldnt need very much expenditure on infrastrukture -- on housing, etc.

If we had population-shrinkage -- we would all hav more than one house.
mac.

moblsv
12-05-2010, 09:16 PM
I can't watch it since I no longer have cable. (I had to dump Dish Network when they added Fox News). I read his books, listen to his comments on NPR and read his website regularly. He gets it!! If only people would listen :-(

sack316
12-05-2010, 09:26 PM
Didn't get to catch that, but did go back and read some of his Blog. Pretty smart guy. His analysis from January of things to come in the economy and the election were dead on.

Sack

Gayle in MD
12-06-2010, 04:04 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: moblsv</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I can't watch it since I no longer have cable. (I had to dump Dish Network when they added Fox News). I read his books, listen to his comments on NPR and read his website regularly. He gets it!! If only people would listen :-( </div></div>

WOW! How great to hear from you again, friend.

Have really missed your book recommendations.

How is everything going?

Yes, you are right. I wish President Obama had brought Reich in to oversee everything. He's brilliant, and definitely knows what he's talking about. I've followed him for years, and he is always dead on the money with his predictions, and clear presentation of ecoomic facts.

You can watch the entire show on the C-Span website. Just seaarch on C-Span2, "Aftershock" is the name of his new book.

http://www.c-spanvideo.org/program/AfterSh

Also, you'd enjoy this book review by a former CIA Intelligence agent, who also discusses Valarie Plame's covert satus, and how intelligence is always trumped by CYA...when under scrutiny...and speaks about how cherry picking is done, and how seh esigned over the cherry picking that went on in the lead up to invading Iraq, and how she resigned because of he Bush Administrations insistance on pitting CIA agents, against their own principles. It's very interesting.

http://www.c-spanvideo.org/program/Intelligence2

Take care...great to see you posting again.

Gayle

Gayle in MD
12-06-2010, 04:05 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: sack316</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Didn't get to catch that, but did go back and read some of his Blog. Pretty smart guy. His analysis from January of things to come in the economy and the election were dead on.

Sack </div></div>

Check out the website. It's well worth watching.

http://www.c-spanvideo.org/program/AfterSh

Watch this one, too....about the CIA
http://www.c-spanvideo.org/program/Intelligence2

G.

moblsv
12-06-2010, 07:43 PM
I need to search to see if any CSPAN Channels exist for my ROKU net streaming player. If CSPAN does streaming, then somebody has probably written a channel for it. It's hard to sit and watch tv online. If I can stream it to my tv, then I can turn it on and watch it while I do other things. I have almost completely quit tv so I haven't yet spent much time, or money, setting up my net streaming through the house.