PDA

View Full Version : Why did the regime rescind minimum wage hike?

LWW
12-06-2010, 04:07 AM
And here I had been led to believe that the democrooks were champions of working Americans and the minimum wage was needed to protect them from the <span style='font-family: Arial Black'><span style='font-size: 11pt'>EEEVILLL</span></span> capitalists?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">September 30, 2010
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE

WASHINGTON, D.C.—PRESIDENT OBAMA SIGNS MINIMUM WAGE DELAY INTO LAW

Congressman Faleomavaega announced today that President Obama signed H.R. 3940 into law. As a result, minimum wage increases in American Samoa will be delayed for 2010 and 2011. The issue of future increases will be revisited in 2012 based on the findings of a GAO study to be completed by 2011.</div></div>

My source?

THE REGIME (http://www.house.gov/apps/list/press/as00_faleomavaega/presidentobamasignsminimum.html)

LWW

Qtec
12-06-2010, 04:31 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> Faleomavaega had noted in his press release on Tuesday, Sept. 28, that he had “mixed emotions about this legislation.”

“On the one hand, I want our workers to be paid fair wages so that they can keep up with the cost of living. At the same time, I know that American Samoa’s economy must be stabilized. So it is my sincere hope that if the House passes H.R. 3940 tomorrow that ASG will use this delay to diversify our local economy in order that we may revisit this issue in 2012 for the sake of our workers,” he explained.

Samoa News understands that on Friday, Oct. 1, Chicken of the Sea has requested a meeting with the Congressman, and the COS President is flying in for a special meeting. There is no word what the meeting entails.

Faleomavaega concluded in his release yesterday, that “Again, I thank everyone who has been involved in this process including staff from the Senate and House. Once more, my heart goes out to the victims of last year’s tsunami and my prayers are joined with yours.”

Faleomavaega, in his press release yesterday evening, explaining his support for the minimum wage delay said that “<span style='font-size: 20pt'>…the reality is one day after American Samoa was struck by a tsunami, Chicken of the Sea closed its operations in the Territory, displacing over 2,000 workers whose jobs were outsourced to Thailand where workers are paid $0.75 cents and less per hour to clean fish.”

“Given that more than 74% of American Samoa’s private-sector workforce has been almost entirely dependent on the tuna fishing and processing industries for more than 50-years and considering that more than 80% of our private-sector economy has hinged, directly or indirectly, on the operations of only two tuna processors, Chicken of the Sea and StarKist, Chicken of the Sea’s closure was devastating, especially in the aftermath of a tsunami from which we have not fully recovered.”</span>

“With Chicken of the Sea’s closure and increased competition from Thailand, American Samoa’s economy has not been able to absorb the rapid minimum wage increases mandated by federal law. While I supported a one-time increase of $0.50 cents per hour, I urged my colleagues to consider American Samoa’s remote location and the single-industry status of our economy before mandating further increases.”</div></div>

Q

LWW
12-06-2010, 04:43 AM
And ... ?

LWW

LWW
12-06-2010, 06:12 AM
Is that all you have? Regurgitating the party line?

If jobs being outsourced is a good reason to hold back a minimum wage hike then, why wasn't it held back in the 50 states?

If jobs being outsourced isn't a good reason to hold back a minimum wage hike then, why wasn't it held back in American Samoa?

And ... only because you will never bother to think it through ... the regime knows that it was bad for the US economy, but low wage voters here need to be kept on the welfare dole because they continually vote for their own demise by voting for the democrooks. At the same time the Samoans can't vote.

Te doublethink is strong in you Snoopy.

LWW

Qtec
12-06-2010, 06:15 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">If jobs being outsourced is a good reason to hold back a minimum wage hike then, why wasn't it held back in the 50 states? </div></div>

Maybe this is news to you but W Samoa is not New York.

Did you read my post? Did you see the word Tsunami? Facts matter. Context matters.

Q

LWW
12-06-2010, 06:21 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Qtec</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> <div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">If jobs being outsourced is a good reason to hold back a minimum wage hike then, why wasn't it held back in the 50 states? </div></div>

Maybe this is news to you but W Samoa is not New York.

Q </div></div>

Completely irrelevant as both are American soil.

LWW

LWW
12-06-2010, 06:21 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Qtec</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> Facts matter. Context matters.

Q </div></div>

Then why do you ignore both?

LWW

llotter
12-06-2010, 07:00 AM
In my copy of the Constitution, there is no mention of federal responsibility for maintaining the Marxist policy of wage levels. Doesn't anyone believe in freedom anymore?

cushioncrawler
12-06-2010, 01:28 PM
If i were King there would be no wage rizes for anyone ever.
Wage rizes are inflation (and i am against inflation).
Not that inflation hurts -- alltho some profit by inflation -- and some dont.
mac.

LWW
12-06-2010, 05:30 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: llotter</div><div class="ubbcode-body">In my copy of the Constitution, there is no mention of federal responsibility for maintaining the Marxist policy of wage levels. Doesn't anyone believe in freedom anymore? </div></div>

I'm not even arguing whether it's right or wrong.

My point is how someone can argue that it's right and wrong at the same time ... of course those same people believe that high UE drives economic growth.

LWW