PDA

View Full Version : 200 countries 200 years

Chopstick
12-06-2010, 09:10 AM
The converging world (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jbkSRLYSojo)

pooltchr
12-06-2010, 10:12 AM
One of the most interesting, and unmentioned, points to be learned is that wealth is not a fixed asset. Countries do not gain wealth at the expense of others. Most all the world has managed it improve their wealth at the same time.

Take that concept down to a more microscopic leve. We have some who complain that there are certain individuals who are gaining wealth, at the expense of other individuals. I would contend that this visual chart shows that everyone can achieve wealth if they are so motivated. It kinda blows the whole victim mentality of the left out of the water. There is not a finite amount of wealth to be distributed. There is, in fact, an unlimited availability of wealth for anyone who wants it.

We don't need redistribution of wealth. We just need to understand that we control our own fate.

Steve

sack316
12-06-2010, 11:47 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: pooltchr</div><div class="ubbcode-body">One of the most interesting, and unmentioned, points to be learned is that wealth is not a fixed asset. Countries do not gain wealth at the expense of others. Most all the world has managed it improve their wealth at the same time.

Take that concept down to a more microscopic leve. We have some who complain that there are certain individuals who are gaining wealth, at the expense of other individuals. I would contend that this visual chart shows that everyone can achieve wealth if they are so motivated. It kinda blows the whole victim mentality of the left out of the water. There is not a finite amount of wealth to be distributed. There is, in fact, an unlimited availability of wealth for anyone who wants it.

We don't need redistribution of wealth. We just need to understand that we control our own fate.

Steve </div></div>

Interesting, and yes each person can control their own fate, I do agree there.

Just to throw some philosophy out there though... if everyone is wealthy, then nobody is wealthy /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/wink.gif

Sack

pooltchr
12-06-2010, 12:15 PM
Somehow, I don't think that is a problem we will ever have to deal with. There will always be those who would rather let others do the work, yet attempt to reap the rewards.

No matter how much social engineering the left attempt, we will never see everyone at the same level of wealth....unless they succeed in bringing us all down to zero!

Steve

sack316
12-06-2010, 12:19 PM
Guess that's the other side of the coin... if everyone is poor then nobody is poor!

Far easier to reach that mark than the one I mentioned earlier /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/wink.gif

Sack

Deeman3
12-06-2010, 12:35 PM
Do not worry! After a few more years of this, we will be on a par with sub-Saharan Africa in no time. Every Rome comes to this point. Few are torn down from outside, most seal their own fates as we repeat then same mistakes as other cultures.

cushioncrawler
12-06-2010, 01:42 PM
Too true.
Wealth iz what u pass on to the future generations.
What the usofa iz passing on iz shit.
And pretty shortly the usofa will be eating shit in the prezent generation.
mac.

Chopstick
12-07-2010, 09:45 AM
The point is that creativity, innovation, and hard work has elevated the entire human species, not any political ideology. The internet should eventually take care of the stupidity problem. As more information becomes available to more people, the bad ideas will eventually become obvious to all.

17% of the land area of the Sahara desert covered with solar panels would meet the energy needs of the entire planet. Something like 7% of the land area in Nevada would meet the energy needs of the US. Well, how big of a solar farm could you build with a trillion dollars? I'll bet it would be a pretty fracking big one. What would that do to the economy? Why isn't it built?

It seems to me that the only "ism" we need to deal with is stupidism. Who thought it was a good idea to put food in our gas tanks and burn it when half the planet is starving to death? Shoot them and let's all get back to work because as the evidence clearly indicates, production is what matters for the good of us all. Of course, we may have to borrow some ammunition from Deeman to get it done, but he has been known to step forward in the cause of public service.

cushioncrawler
12-07-2010, 01:51 PM
The main thing iz to reduce the population -- to many ma's.
And the main problem iz stupidity.
Alltho i wouldnt argue if u sayd it woz superstition -- godma.
And i wouldnt argue if u sayd it woz krappynomix -- dogma.
Nunn of this will improov if we hav democracy.
Hell it aint even improoving while we havnt got much democracy anywhere -- so what chance if we hav democracy -- zero.
The internet should eventually take care of stupidity -- but eventually iz too far away.
mac.