PDA

View Full Version : Whats going on!!!!

02-28-2002, 05:29 PM
O.K. Here I go again , I'm Mikey , been Mikey for 2 years on this board, I registered about 2- 3 weeks ago on the new board . I Tryed to respond to a post the other day and it came up that somebody else was registerd under my username. What's going on here? Mikey

heater451
02-28-2002, 06:27 PM
There is a "Mikey" in the user list, but the only usable info there is that the name was registered on 2/20.

Go to the "User List" link at the bottom of the index, and take a look--you will have to 'page' through to get to it.

Ken
02-28-2002, 08:45 PM
If you registered as Mikey you have to log in in order to use that name. If you merely type Mikey in and try to post you will be told that you can't post as Mikey. This is the case even if you are Mikey. You must first log in so the board knows it is you. If you registered as Mikey then you must know Mikey's password so you should be able to log in. If you don't log out you probably will never need to log in again.
Ken in CT

Mikey
03-01-2002, 08:11 AM
Hey, thanks , I think I fixed it, I'll find out real quick.---Mikey

SPetty
03-01-2002, 10:47 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote: Ken:</font><hr> If you don't log out you probably will never need to log in again.
Ken in CT <hr></blockquote>

Oh yeah? Just try explaining that to BlackHeart... :-)

SPetty ~~~ Sorry, Jer, couldn't resist.

Ken
03-01-2002, 05:48 PM
Right. Just don't do "Logout" from CCB and it seems to know you when you return. Probably has to do with your cookies or something. I would suggest that you might want to close your browser but they will still recognize you later. It's fine to disconnect from the internet and CCB still knows when you return. It's like magic. I drove from Florida to Connecticut and they still knew it was me when I connected from Connecticut. This new board is wondrous. I connected from the library in Florida and they didn't know it was me but they know me in Connecticut. Don't ask me how they do it. The old board forgot who I was over a year ago and they never recognized me again.