PDA

View Full Version : The GOP come out the closet.

Qtec
12-07-2010, 06:52 AM
Deficits, deficits, deficits, 'its the deficit'.

That's all we have heard from the GOP since Obama became Pres. before that deficits didn't matter, but no matter.

The GOP have just agreed to massive borrowing, not paid for, just because they can get their tax cuts for Wall St.....who are paying record bonus's to those who caused the financial crisis in the first place.

It was all lies.

Good to know.

Q

LWW
12-07-2010, 07:48 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Qtec</div><div class="ubbcode-body">

That's all we have heard from the GOP since Obama became Pres. before that deficits didn't matter, but no matter.

The GOP have just agreed to massive borrowing, not paid for, just because they can get their tax cuts for Wall St.....who are paying record bonus's to those who caused the financial crisis in the first place.

It was all lies.

Good to know.

Q </div></div>

I'm very disappointed in them also.

They could have demanded, and got, so much more from the Toast in Chief.

They should have given the UE extension ONLY if paid for from elsewhere and refused to give in on ANYTHING else.

The R's became republichickens and caved when the whole world knows the democrooks would have caved in the end.

LWW

Gayle in MD
12-07-2010, 08:35 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Qtec</div><div class="ubbcode-body">

It was all lies.

Good to know.

Q </div></div>

Before the election, Republicans sent the word out that they would not hold back the tax cuts for the middle class, if they didn't get them for the wealthy.

After the election, they changed their tune, and made it clear, no more unemployment, for anyone, unless the wealthy were taken care of first and foremost, including, no continued tax cuts for the Middle, no Start Treaty, drop the unemployment payments, basically, the Republicans message was total gridlock on everything, unless they were assured of providing more for the millionaires and billionaires.

Same Repiglicans as always.

Now, deficits won't matter, again, for at least two more years, under a Republican majority, amd they will block legislation to tighten up oversight of all of the corporate fascist pigs who are destroying the country, and they will continue to grow the dangerous void between the rich and the rest...an economically threatening structural problem.

Is anyone surprised?

In my view, there was only one adult in the room. The President, who is willing to do the politically un-popular thing, in order to avoid gridlock, and continue to try to move the country forward.

Repiglicans are going to run out of enough dummies, to continue to gain enough power to keep on running up deficits, for their proven, failed policies.

Today will be an interesting day, for sure.

G.

cushioncrawler
12-07-2010, 01:41 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Qtec</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Deficits, deficits, deficits, 'its the deficit'.
The GOP have just agreed to massive borrowing, not paid for, just because they can get their tax cuts for Wall St.....who are paying record bonus's to those who caused the financial crisis in the first place. It was all lies. Good to know. Q</div></div>Nuntheless -- deficits dont matter. On the other hand deficits do matter -- they matter when the ship iz drifting -- koz only a deficit kan get the ship going -- in the short term, ie less than 20yrs.
And here i mean a real deficit -- ie a non-funded deficit.
Any other kind of deficit iz merely pulling up the starboard anchor while dropping the port anchor.

So, what duz count -- employment counts -- full, efficient employment.
mac.

Qtec
12-08-2010, 02:47 AM
<span style='font-size: 14pt'>What about the deficits?</span>

You forgot to mention them.

Q

LWW
12-08-2010, 04:51 AM
I'm sorry it went over your head.

I thought my opinion was clear that this bill will increase the deficit. The fact that it will do less harm than letting the tax cuts expire is really irrelevant ... it is a compromise that was far too lenient.

Obama has no chips to play ... and they let the Toast in Chief bluff.

LWW

Qtec
12-08-2010, 04:56 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I thought my opinion was clear that this bill will increase the deficit. </div></div>

I'm not talking about you.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Deficits, deficits, deficits, 'its the deficit'.

That's all we have heard from the GOP since Obama became Pres.....It was all lies. </div></div>

?

Q