PDA

View Full Version : This just in from the department of stupidonomics!

LWW
12-08-2010, 05:30 AM
The problem ... healthcare was too expensive for the working, and the only policies they could afford were not inclusive enough.

Solution ... force all policies to be more inclusive and raise taxes.

New problem, that didn't exist before, is that the working poor cannot afford these new policies and employers are dropping the plans availability.

New solution ... exempt the employers from Obamacare and return the working poor to their original condition, and keep the tax increase.

Result ... the O-cults gives the regime a pass and heralds the regime for it's progress.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><span style='font-size: 11pt'>The Obama Administration has quietly granted even more waivers to one provision of the new federal health reform law, doubling the number in just the last three weeks to a new total of 222.</span> ...

These waivers deal with limited health benefit plans, sometimes referred to as "mini-med" policies, which companies as large as McDonald's use for some its employees.

The plan have limits on how much can be paid out in coverage, limits which would be phased out under the new health reform law.

The feds though have granted waivers from that law, amid concern that certain groups would drop their health insurance programs entirely. Those waivers are good for one year, and can be considered for renewal. ...

The information on the waivers, which is buried deep on the web site of the U.S. Health & Human Services Department, shows that since it was last updated in mid-November, the number of waivers issued has gone from 111 to 222, covering organizations as diverse as the "Catholic Charities of the Diocese of Ogdensburg" to the "Pearson Candy Company."

You can find a list of all of the 222 waivers at http://is.gd/iiw3u

One of the central selling points for supporters of the federal health reform law was that it would prohibit health insurance companies from setting limits - yearly or lifetime - on how much in benefits could be paid out under a health insurance policy. ...</div></div>

OH DEAR! (http://blogs.ajc.com/jamie-dupree-washington-insider/2010/12/07/more-health-waivers/)

LWW

llotter
12-08-2010, 07:44 AM
Overheard in the WH: 'I give them the only right solution possible and they are just too stupid to follow my guidelines. Let them eat cake.'

Deeman3
12-08-2010, 09:04 AM
Not only does it turn out to be more expensive than they said (expected) but now it is clear that it will not even do the basic service promised but still have all the downside cost increases!

Brilliant, as usual.

LWW
12-08-2010, 04:39 PM
That's how stupidonomics works.

This is just like UE drives economic growth so if we don't extend UE benefits we will have more UE which will be bad, except that stupidonomics is claiming it would also be good because the newly enemployed would then drive the economy which would lead to less UE which would be bad.

That and the answer to too much carbon in the air is coal powered cars.

LWW

sack316
12-08-2010, 04:47 PM
I love their reasoning on that Dub. I say we follow that logic... if we can get 100% unemployment do you realize how thriving our economy would be? /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/crazy.gif

Sack

Deeman3
12-08-2010, 04:59 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: sack316</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I love their reasoning on that Dub. I say we follow that logic... if we can get 100% unemployment do you realize how thriving our economy would be? /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/crazy.gif

Sack </div></div>

And we are on our way to that utopian village as we speak!

it is sort of like al the illegal aliens in the emergency rooms are keeping our hospitals in business, right? /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif

sack316
12-08-2010, 05:06 PM
yeah, it's wild how the reasoning works. I mean, actually the numbers that the left gives are accurate! In truth, the only spending that gets pumped into the economy more efficiently is food stamps (I'm not joking, look it up!)

But what gets left out is that it's all "fake". I'm reminded of an old Beavis and Butthead episode, where they had to sell candy bard for school. Goes something like this:

We have 30 candy bars to sell for $1 each. We get lucky and sell one! Woohoo! A dollar in our little box! I kinda want a candy bar, and you are holding our money box. I ask you to loan me that dollar so I can buy one too, which you do. So I buy one! Yeah! Two candy bars sold! We repeat this process, and eventually sell all our candy bars! We did great! Our sales were $30! Awesome!

But in reality, there's only one dollar there.

And there we have it, Beavis and Butt-head economics.

http://flimmr.passagen.se/movie/beavis_and_butthead_candy_sale.action

Sack

Deeman3
12-08-2010, 05:07 PM
Pelosinomics? /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif

sack316
12-08-2010, 05:12 PM
I added a link to the episode, for those who wanna see it in action /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/wink.gif

Sack

cushioncrawler
12-08-2010, 06:07 PM
I dont get it.
Why didnt he uze hiz food stamps for the candy bars???
Why didnt he on-sell hiz $29 loan to Iceland????
Why didnt he pay hizself 29 candy bars az CEO and then file for bankruptcy?????
Why didnt he (a) get a $290 loan uzing the inflated candy bars az collateral -- then (b) on-sell $100 to Iceland -- then (c)pay hizself $190 az CEO -- then (d) eat the candy bars.
mac.

pooltchr
12-08-2010, 06:16 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Deeman3</div><div class="ubbcode-body">

it is sort of like al the illegal aliens in the emergency rooms are keeping our hospitals in business, right? /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif

</div></div>

Such a smart man as yourself should certainly see the obvious solution to this problem.

Make them legal, and we will have no more illegals in our emergency rooms. Problem solved!

Steve

LWW
12-09-2010, 03:42 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: sack316</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I love their reasoning on that Dub. I say we follow that logic... if we can get 100% unemployment do you realize how thriving our economy would be? /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/crazy.gif

Sack </div></div>

All of America's problems, according to the statist believers in stupidonomics, will be solved once America:

- Has 100% unemployment.
- Everybody is equally deprived of access to healthcare.
- Every American drives a coal powered car.

LWW