PDA

View Full Version : POOL: 10 Observations and Immutable Truths

09-04-2002, 10:27 AM
1. Anyone that lines up a kick shot inevitabley misses.
2. Too many pool players have body odor.
3. No one can actually run out with a broom stick
4. The Sardo rack should be used for making cup cakes.
5. Drills are for people with little talent.
6. It's not as hard as golf.
7. I am a terrible player.
8. Men that are obsessed with the WPBA are scarey.
9. Grady Mathews likes enemas (his own public admition)
10. The more you care, the worse you will play.

nAz
09-04-2002, 12:23 PM
People who talk a good game useally dont play a good game.
If you can't dazzle em with brilliance, Baffle em with bullshT
Rosie O'Donnell blames CRIME on guns....Thats like blaming FORKS for her being FAT. not pool related but what the fucc

SPetty
09-04-2002, 01:19 PM
Whoa, Jason, these are great. I got all of them but #5... If I think drills help, does that mean I have little talent? Or does it mean I have a talent for getting benefit from running drills?

SPetty
09-04-2002, 01:21 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote: nAz:</font><hr> Rosie O'Donnell blames CRIME on guns....Thats like blaming FORKS for her being FAT. not pool related but what the heck...<hr></blockquote>"If guns cause crime, matches cause arson"

Scott Lee
09-04-2002, 09:38 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote: JasonG NYC:</font><hr>

10. The more you care, the worse you will play. <hr></blockquote>

Jason...You're way off on these three. I, myself, have run out with a broomstick on several occasions...also a mop handle, golf club, and any assorted other odd things. I have also seen other very advanced players run out with a broomstick many times. The key is centerball hits...which is a good thing, because that's all you can do with a broomstick! LOL

Drills are an important part of anyone's routine, who is serious about improving their game. Few have the dedication and discipline to practice correctly for very long, and consequently do not see the "immediate" results and "quick fixes" that they are looking for.

The more you care, the more you will seek solutions to problems you have with your game, be it personal instruction, books &amp; videos, or other avenues of relief and information. As a result, your play will likely improve, rather than get worse...although it may temporarily get worse, in order to learn something new.

Scott Lee

09-05-2002, 12:19 PM
Back in the 30s there was a pool hustler who shot the cueball out of his mouth. He couldn't be beat, he would run out the game from the break, playing the end ball in the corner and lean over the table and drop the cueball from his mouth, pocketing the ball and would proceed the run the rack&gt;####

Vapros
09-05-2002, 08:21 PM
If I ever post such an outrageous story as this one, I will do it anonymously, too! If this guy is still breathing, send him around. If he can run the table he can bust me.

Scott Lee
09-05-2002, 08:54 PM
Vapros...Let me tell you something. If Dick Leonard (####) says someone did that, you can be CERTAIN that they did. I have heard of a guy called 'Spitball Charlie', who spit the CB out of his mouth and pocketed balls, but the person Dick is talking about was probably MUCH older. BTW, I saw George Middleditch, a trickshot artist friend of mine from Michigan, pocket some trick shots by spitting the CB out of his mouth just 6 weeks ago, at the BCA Trade Show in New Orleans. He was on Dr. Cue's table in the APA booth, and videotaped the whole thing!...so it CAN be done, even today!

Scott Lee

Vapros
09-05-2002, 09:22 PM
I have also seen someone make a few elementary shots in that manner. That's a long way from running a whole rack. With all due respect to the individuals you mentioned, I remain ready to bet my pickup truck. I'm often wrong, but I would have to see it done.

09-06-2002, 07:42 AM
Scott that story was told to me by Jimmy Chiara, who was Frank Taberski's houseman in his room in Schenectady. Jimmy later owned the room after Frank died. Jimmy was one of the truly great people who loved pool. Paul Dayton of Dayton cues can second that. I am sorry to post anonymous all the time but it is to much to keep loggin.####

EZMark
09-06-2002, 08:01 AM
When I was a young man, a long time ago, Padget Dent a great player from the 40s @50s would take his false teeth out put the CB in his mouth and shot balls into the hole. But I do not know about running racks. The feat is being able to put the cue ball in his mouth, try it.Thnx EZMark

Scott Lee
09-06-2002, 08:23 AM
Dick...ALL of us love to see you posts, telling pool stories and sharing your knowledge. NONE of us cares if you post anonymously...just keep posting!

Scott

bluewolf
09-06-2002, 10:29 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote: Scott Lee:</font><hr> &lt;blockquote&gt;&lt;font class="small"&gt;Quote: JasonG NYC:&lt;/font&gt;&lt;hr&gt;

10. The more you care, the worse you will play. &lt;hr&gt;&lt;/blockquote&gt;

Jason...You're way off on these three. I, myself, have run out with a broomstick on several occasions...also a mop handle, golf club, and any assorted other odd things. I have also seen other very advanced players run out with a broomstick many times. The key is centerball hits...which is a good thing, because that's all you can do with a broomstick! LOL

Drills are an important part of anyone's routine, who is serious about improving their game. Few have the dedication and discipline to practice correctly for very long, and consequently do not see the "immediate" results and "quick fixes" that they are looking for.

The more you care, the more you will seek solutions to problems you have with your game, be it personal instruction, books &amp; videos, or other avenues of relief and information. As a result, your play will likely improve, rather than get worse...although it may temporarily get worse, in order to learn something new.

Scott Lee <hr></blockquote>

the only time i did not care was when i was in the zone. also my hand was shaking so bad i could barely pick up a cue.so i was just shooting cuz we already paid but was sure nothing could go in with that much shake so just knocking balls around.and with that much shake i really did not care. then i went into this trancelike state and was doing things i had never heard of and did not know how to do. even my stroke was somebody elses stroke,ball speed somebody elses,followthrough somebody elses. i did not have a care in the world.only time i did not care

bw

09-06-2002, 12:25 PM
i also saw this guy at the BCA show in N O. he was doing 3 rail spit shots and never saw him miss. course doc q finished his show with a new cb