PDA

View Full Version : Question for all

pooltchr
12-10-2010, 08:50 AM
I will not use any names in this post other than my own, but I do have a question. I recently received in my personal e-mail a note from someone who has not posted here in a few weeks (Let's call him "Hoofie") where he threatened to sue me if he sees me post something on here that he doesn't like.

Hoofie also told me he had been encouraging another member (Let's call her "Wail") to sue another poster (We'll call him "Cev") over a post he made a couple of weeks ago.

Now, if someone leaves the forum, but sends unsolicited e-mails to another member with such threats, would that be considered cyber-stalking in a court of law?

Just wondering what you guys think.

Steve

LWW
12-10-2010, 10:54 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: pooltchr</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I will not use any names in this post other than my own, but I do have a question. I recently received in my personal e-mail a note from someone who has not posted here in a few weeks (Let's call him "Hoofie") where he threatened to sue me if he sees me post something on here that he doesn't like.

Hoofie also told me he had been encouraging another member (Let's call her "Wail") to sue another poster (We'll call him "Cev") over a post he made a couple of weeks ago.

Now, if someone leaves the forum, but sends unsolicited e-mails to another member with such threats, would that be considered cyber-stalking in a court of law?

Just wondering what you guys think.

Steve </div></div>

Odd that I'm also getting such threats from a member ... let's call them "houndo" ... who is threatening to have other members ... let's assume them to be "Hoofie" and "Wail" ... file a class action suit against myself and anyone else who dares to demonstrate that they have said what they have said by quoting them saying what they have said.

When will the moderators get a grip on the troll situation here?

LWW

LWW
12-10-2010, 10:59 AM
Also let me add that I find it deplorable that they have disclosed your last name on an internet forum ... have threatened to damage your business ... have threatened violence against my wife ... have made racial slurs against myself and JohnnyD ... have lied about UGOT ... have threatened to sue you and I ... have threatened to turn members in to homeland security ... and then have the testicular/ovarian fortitude to claim they are the victims!

Beyond that ... stretch and Q have at least shown more class than this axis of aggravation, but they refuse to call them out on their boorish behavior.

LWW

pooltchr
12-10-2010, 12:47 PM
Stretch and Q may be misguided, but they are certainly not hateful or vindictive. I've never seen a threat of any kind from either of them.

The same can't be said about the other three.

Steve

LWW
12-10-2010, 04:50 PM
IMHO the three are passive aggressive types who have a history of violence/anger.

They all three are big and bad as long as they have anonymity ... yet none of them will even reveal their actual first name.

LWW