PDA

View Full Version : INVITATION TO SPETTY !!!!!!!!!

SpiderMan
09-04-2002, 06:51 PM
Here is your personal invitation to the Friday-night Scotch Doubles tournament. It't almost on your way home, so be there! I'll give you a CCB key chain.

SpiderMan

09-04-2002, 08:06 PM
Can't beat that....randyg

Barbara
09-04-2002, 08:07 PM
Ya know, it's too bad SPetty won't have the "Pecans" by then, because I'd make her share some with you.

Barbara~~~gonna get the shipping box(es) tomorrow...

SPetty
09-05-2002, 07:18 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote: SpiderMan:</font><hr> Here is your personal invitation to the Friday-night Scotch Doubles tournament. It't almost on your way home, so be there! I'll give you a CCB key chain.<hr></blockquote>Thanks, Spidey, I'll call you for details. Can't wait to get the famous CCB keychain for my case!

SPetty
09-05-2002, 07:22 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote: Barbara:</font><hr> Barbara~~~gonna get the shipping box(es) tomorrow... <hr></blockquote>Hi Barbara,

WooHoo! So looking forward to it. Remember it was my best pal Steve Lipsky who made it all possible! I'd be happy to share if I had them... If the timing is right, I can share then with the DFW CCBers when Scott Lee comes back through sometime in September... Of course, if the timing is wrong, they'll all have been eaten by then! /ccboard/images/icons/smile.gif

SPetty
09-05-2002, 07:23 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote: randyg:</font><hr> Can't beat that....randyg <hr></blockquote>Hi Randy,

Yep, that's what I'm thinking. Have you gotten your keychain yet? I'd be happy to pick it up for you while I'm there...

SpiderMan
09-05-2002, 07:31 AM
I'll bring Randy's for you to take also, as I'm not sure when I'll run into him.

SpiderMan

09-05-2002, 12:14 PM
Thanks Marty....randyg

SpiderMan
09-07-2002, 05:12 PM
Figure the chances - I invite Spetty to a Friday-night Scotch doubles tournament. She asked "can I be your partner?", and I said "not likely, it's a blind draw for partners". Well, guess who drew one another?

Add another unlikely event - every round of the tournament, there's a coin toss to see who racks (and pays) first. We won the toss the first SIX SETS IN A ROW!

With all this coming together, of course we won the tournament. Had one minor setback that sent us to the losers side, but for the most part we were getting out from EVERYWHERE, and then whupped the winner's side two sets in a row to collect the cash.

SpiderMan

Rip
09-08-2002, 12:49 AM
That's cool Spiderman and SPetty! I wonder if those CCB keychains contributed to the lucky draw and flips of the coin? I'll bet someone I know celebrated with a Cuervo concoction of one kind or another! Rip~~will need the last two from SPetty!

Sid_Vicious
09-08-2002, 07:38 AM
"I'll bet someone I know celebrated with a Cuervo concoction of one kind or another!"

If not then SPiderman didn't offer to buy her one, in which case SPetty gets a 2 drink penalty coming her way. "Texas Code Of The Winner's Circle." Oh yea, I get one of them SPetty for mentioning the infraction ;-) sid. I'm cheap, buy me a Miller Lite.

As far as that draw, I usualluy have the reverse luck. If I and my mentor or another strong shooter goes away for a tournament, I can more count on getting my friend as an opponent rather than a good draw. It just always seens to be the norm that way for some reason, not the way Spiderman and SPetty got their draw....sid

Rod
09-08-2002, 08:25 AM
Well congrats to you Spiderman &amp; Spetty. Beating up on your fellow Texans eh? Sounds like you two should play more often. Spetty did you have a couple of well you know sips during the night of excitement. HA HA Well i'm off to my defensive drivers program today, seems I aim real straight and allowed for squirt and didn't play any caroms but it was the speed control that got me! /ccboard/images/icons/smile.gif.
Oh yea good close 2 in a row is always great!

Chris Cass
09-08-2002, 09:28 AM
Now that's strong! Spiderman and SPetty are the team to look out for in Vegas next yr. That's not a bad idea. I think it's great.

I think the heart this woman has is unreal. Playing in Vegas with a broken leg cast and all. That's heart.

Regards,

C.C.~~proud of CCB partners taking the money to the bank. Wish I was there to sweat it.

SpiderMan
09-08-2002, 10:46 AM
BTW, based on the number of participants Friday night, I calculate the odds of SPetty drawing my card and then us winning six coin tosses in a row to be 1 in 960.

Of course, once paired, we were a lock to win /ccboard/images/icons/wink.gif I just don't understand why she was laughing when I'd make a ball ... it does happen now and then.

SpiderMan (likes it when women laugh, as long as they don't point)

SPetty
09-08-2002, 11:56 AM
Now that was a fun night! What Spiderman had neglected to warn me about, however, was the neon purple cloth on these tables! I've never played on purple, and on no less than two occasions actually lost sight of the four ball!

What Spiderman neglected to mention was that he won in spite of having me as a partner! Karatemom will appreciate that during one of the early games, Spiderman left me what most people would consider just an easy simple cut shot on the eight ball into the corner. I lined up perfectly, stroked beautifully, hit exactly where I aimed, and missed it completely! That's when Spidey knew he was in trouble and would have to pull this team himself.

As for laughing - I was trying to leave Spiderman straight in on a particularly tough eight ball shot where the pocket of choice was partially blocked, leaving it a small pocket. He had already made one ball in that pocket, so I knew he wasn't afraid of it like some people are... Well, as usual, I fell far short of getting that perfect position and left him with a bad cut shot into that partial pocket. I was carefully watching to see just how he was going to hit it - I think there was a scratch possibility as well. Well, the boy surprised me by caroming the eight ball off of another ball and sending it into the pocket from the "right" direction so that the blocking ball becomes a helping ball. He hit it perfectly - it surprised me because I wasn't expecting it, and the ball fell and we won the game! Yeah, you'd laugh too!

Another time I left him bad position (surprise!) and he called the eight in the corner by cross-kicking (not banking) it. It's a fun game and it makes me laugh sometimes.

The one I'm most horribly embarassed by is where we had a four ball stop shot runout, if only I could make this easy shot and draw the cue ball anywhere between 2 and 8 inches. Well... not that you'd expect it of me /ccboard/images/icons/smile.gif but I missed that position by about two inches too far, locking the cue ball behind the opponent's ball so that Spiderman had to kick out. He hit the ball, but didn't make it and we lost the game because of it.

Oh yeah, finally got my CCB keychain! It's on my case and I expect all kinds of magical good luck from it!

SPetty~~~Hint: when Spiderman is doing the coin flipping, don't call heads!

09-08-2002, 05:05 PM
You are the young lady who claims to not be able to sink a ball . I'm always leery of someone who talks down their game /ccboard/images/icons/laugh.gif.

Seriously though it sounds like you guys had a great time. I like blind draw tourneys. Win or lose everybody seems to have fun.

Wally~~never played on purple but played on red Thursday and I still can't see straight

Rod
09-08-2002, 10:40 PM
Hi Spetty,
Well as I count them you only made 4 mistakes. Thats awfully good for 1 tournament. Rip, you need more than the last two!!!