PDA

View Full Version : Laser eye surgery has changed my game

bradb
12-13-2010, 03:13 PM
I went in for cataracts about 2 weeks ago and they replaced the lens in my "right eye". I won't have my "left eye" replaced until late january so I have to put up with my new eye which is sharp and clear and my old left eye which Is classified as nearly blind without my glasses. Of course I can't wear my old glasses with the new eye.

I've tried to play pool under these conditions but I can't make a ball... I'm consistantly undercutting shots as I try and focus with my new right eye.

So I tried an experiment... I put on my old glasses and blocked out the right side so that I'm now focusing with the left side only. Now I not only do I have my game back but I feel I'm actually shooting a bit better!

I can only assume that I am left eye dominate which I thought was the opposite since I'm right handed? I hope i can continue this when I have both eyes redone.

Brad

12-13-2010, 03:39 PM
Pop the lens out of the right side of your glasses and report back.

Eric >please

Fran Crimi
12-13-2010, 05:53 PM
Good idea, Eric. Reminds me of my bow-legged Uncle who had a knee replacement. Poor guy. Shoulda had them both done.

bradb
12-13-2010, 05:54 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Eric</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Pop the lens out of the right side of your glasses and report back.

Eric &gt;please </div></div>

No, I tried that... I can't see with the glasses at all with or with out the lens in.

bradb
12-13-2010, 05:56 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Fran Crimi</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Good idea, Eric. Reminds me of my bow-legged Uncle who had a knee replacement. Poor guy. Shoulda had them both done. </div></div>

You can't have both eyes done at the same time in eye surgery!!!!

Fran Crimi
12-13-2010, 05:57 PM
LOL I know. I was talking about my Uncle. You'll be great after you get the other one done. Knee replacements are a bit tougher.

bradb
12-13-2010, 06:07 PM
Yeah, I hope so Fran, mean while I gotta explain the blacked out glasses with every one I play. /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/blush.gif

dg-in-centralpa
12-14-2010, 08:46 AM
Tell them that you are a pirate.

DG

Soflasnapper
12-14-2010, 06:04 PM
This is not the change I had hoped for (a phrase that sounds eerily familiar?).

But on the bright side (haha), don't those colors on the balls really pop, now???

bradb
12-14-2010, 07:09 PM
Did'nt notice the balls being brighter... when I first tried playing and I could'nt make a ball.... even when it was over the hole I was scared as hell! /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/shocked.gif