PDA

View Full Version : Watching Obama live ...

LWW
12-13-2010, 04:33 PM
... explaining how virtually every economist he has spoken with tells him that lower taxes increases jobs and economic growth.

This an amazing thing to watch go down.

LWW

Sev
12-13-2010, 08:18 PM
Thank god Clinton came in and saved him.

LWW
12-14-2010, 03:07 AM
That was last week ... unless he did it again.

I changed the channel I was laughing so hard.

LWW

Qtec
12-14-2010, 04:06 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">explaining how <u>virtually every economist</u> he has spoken with tells him that lower taxes increases jobs and economic growth. </div></div>

BS.

Greenspan?

Krugman?

And a zillion others.

Bush introduced huge tax cuts and what happened?
Even with 2 wars and the demand they created, the Bush tax cuts for the rich failed to create jobs or extra growth. This failed experiment, that had already failed before under Reagan and his 'Voodoo Economics' is going to be repeated by the morons who call themselves the GOP.

It also cost 6 Trillion dollars.

Q

Bush introduced huge tax cuts and what happened?

Q

LWW
12-14-2010, 05:16 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Qtec</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Bush introduced huge tax cuts and what happened?

Q </div></div>

Revenue to the treasury increase.

Anything else I can help you understand?

LWW

Qtec
12-14-2010, 05:47 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Revenue to the treasury increase. </div></div>

How much did the revenue increase between 2001 and 2005?

Q......after the tax cuts.

Qtec
12-14-2010, 05:50 AM
Let me help you.

more lies (http://www.factcheck.org/taxes/supply-side_spin.html)

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Supply-side Spin
June 11, 2007
Sen. John McCain has said President Bush's tax cuts have increased federal revenues. <span style='font-size: 20pt'>But revenues would have been even higher without them. </span></div></div>

Oh My! Oh My, My, My..........

Shut your eyes LWW.

http://www.factcheck.org/demos/factcheck/imagefiles/Image/2006.older.and.misc/federal%20revenue%20bar%20chart(1).jpg
Q

LWW
12-14-2010, 05:57 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Qtec</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Let me help you.

more lies (http://www.factcheck.org/taxes/supply-side_spin.html)

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Supply-side Spin
June 11, 2007
Sen. John McCain has said President Bush's tax cuts have increased federal revenues. <span style='font-size: 20pt'>But revenues would have been even higher without them. </span></div></div>

Oh My! Oh My, My, My..........

Shut your eyes LWW.

http://www.factcheck.org/demos/factcheck/imagefiles/Image/2006.older.and.misc/federal%20revenue%20bar%20chart(1).jpg
Q </div></div>

Based only on the belief in a static economy.

By that line of thinking raisng the tax rate to 100% wouldn't effect the economy.

You have nothing brother.

LWW

LWW
12-14-2010, 06:03 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Qtec</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> <div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Revenue to the treasury increase. </div></div>

How much did the revenue increase between 2001 and 2005?

Q......after the tax cuts. </div></div>

Thank you.

1 - The tax cuts didn't take full effect until 2006:

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">EGTRRA generally reduced the rates of individual income taxes:
a new 10% bracket was created for single filers with taxable income up to $6,000, joint filers up to $12,000, and heads of households up to $10,000.
the 15% bracket's lower threshold was indexed to the new 10% bracket
the 28% bracket would be lowered to 25% by 2006.
the 31% bracket would be lowered to 28% by 2006
the 36% bracket would be lowered to 33% by 2006
the 39.6% bracket would be lowered to 35% by 2006 </div></div>

2 - Right now both Clinton and Obama are arguing that the return to Clinton era tax rates would damage the economy.

OH DEAR! (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Economic_Growth_and_Tax_Relief_Reconciliation_Act_ of_2001)

LWW

Qtec
12-14-2010, 06:04 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">You have nothing brother. </div></div>

Only the truth.

Q.... /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/cool.gif

LWW
12-14-2010, 06:07 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Qtec</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> <div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">You have nothing brother. </div></div>

Only the truth.

Q.... /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/cool.gif </div></div>

Well, I'll grant you that ... I do keep beating you over the head with the truth, but since I possess it and you refuse it I would have to still say you have nothing.

Proceed ... this is getting to be pretty funny.

LWW