PDA

View Full Version : TO BE OR NOT TO BE

cheesemouse
09-04-2002, 07:39 PM
TO BE OR NOT TO BE
Six months from now when the winner of the 2002 U.S.Open is announced, at whatever tournament it maybe, the announcer will not pause and say "Oh, by the way this list of players didn't show up for the Open so this guy probably won't have won if.......blah blah blah...would have played cause they are really good. More likely the announcer will simply say " And on table #1 the current U.S Open champion..." The crowd will cheer and the games will go on. And when the list of past champions is written down there will be no asterisks next to number #27 on the list.
Who cares if players XYZ don't show up to play in the best pool tournament held in the U.S. There's a list of no shows every year but who remembers who they were. If you don't play you can't win. If you didn't play nobody wants to listen to your 'why' story, it's not important, you didn't play, so what!
One thing is for sure the U.S.Open is going to start real soon and it is going to be world class nineball played by world class players. The spectators will behold the best nineball being played on planet earth right here right now in front of there eyes, they will feel the tension in the air and they will be thrilled by it and in addition, hopefully, thousands upon thousand will be on the edge of their easy chairs or in their local poolhalls watching it LIVE on pay for view TV. This U.S Open is going to be the best ever and I'm hoping to see LIVE on TV. The only thing that could be better than that is to be there watching with the CCB crew that are going to be there, now that would be something special......I'm very jealous of all the fun you guys/gals are going to have. I wish you all a great time. I predict some ringer will win the ccb tournament....LOL lOL /ccboard/images/icons/smile.gif
To play or not to play that is the question..........

Hey, Voodoo, do me a favor and streak the trophy presentation on live TV for me, will ya????????? /ccboard/images/icons/smile.gif

Voodoo Daddy
09-04-2002, 08:05 PM
Streak? Nothing worse than a "near" middle-aged fat guy, naked and limping around in front of the presentation!!! But...I might bring a portable boathorn and blow it if anyone gets outta line, or maybe I'll break out my '67 Les Paul Studio with my Marshall 4x12 stack/200 watt head and crank out some Hendrix...HAHAHAHAHA!!!! For cheesey, anything!!!

Chris Cass
09-04-2002, 08:15 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote: Voodoo Daddy:</font><hr> Streak? Nothing worse than a "near" middle-aged fat guy, naked and limping around in front of the presentation!!! But...I might bring a portable boathorn and blow it if anyone gets outta line, or maybe I'll break out my '67 Les Paul Studio with my Marshall 4x12 stack/200 watt head and crank out some Hendrix...HAHAHAHAHA!!!! For cheesey, anything!!! <hr></blockquote>

You've got a '67 Gibson Les Paul? WOW. Now, you have to do something for us onlookers. Have Kato do it. Just make sure to throw a bucket of water on him so he doesn't look better than me. hahaha

Regards,

C.C.~~Voodoo' the ringer.....1 ho for the doe