PDA

View Full Version : pool table lighting

hoop
12-14-2010, 09:21 PM
I have a 9 foot Olhausen and want to build my own light. Would fluorescent or incandescent light be better. How high should the light be off the table. What angle should the outer perimeter of the fixture be in relation to the table? I'm not sure where to start here but I want to build my own, Thanks, Ed

Rich R.
12-15-2010, 07:44 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: hoop</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I have a 9 foot Olhausen and want to build my own light. Would fluorescent or incandescent light be better. How high should the light be off the table. What angle should the outer perimeter of the fixture be in relation to the table? I'm not sure where to start here but I want to build my own, Thanks, Ed </div></div>
Some of the best pool table lights are made by Diamond Billiards and they use fluorescent tubes and plenty of them. They are huge fixtures. You may be able to get some general dimensions from their web site.
I don't know how high above the table Diamond hangs their lights but they do hang them higher than the older 3 or 4 lamp incandescent lights. IIRC, Brunswick used to have the recommended hight for incandescent lights on their web site somewhere.
Hope this helps just a little.