PDA

View Full Version : Yankees fixing ex-Cub pitchers???

eg8r
12-14-2010, 09:30 PM
Today the Yanks signed Mark Prior who has not pitched in the majors since 2006 or so. They brought in Kerry Wood last year and he did really well for them, ignoring his performance in the post season. Now they bring in Mark Prior. Sure Prior probably has quite a ways to go before making it back to the big leagues but do you think the Yankees can "fix" his issues and make him effective again?

eg8r

sack316
12-14-2010, 10:05 PM
As the Cubs guy here, I am a huge fan of Wood and Prior.

IMHO, the key will be whether or not Prior will be able to pitch more in the way a Maddox or Glavine did. Hitting spots, lulling batters, working in and out, producing a lot of ground ball outs and low pitch count innings. Prior was a phenomenal talent, and it broke my heart to see him get injured. He had Strasburg type stuff. With the seriousness of his injury, I doubt he'll ever regain the full repertoire of nastiness he once had. But I have no doubt with the proper rehab and coaching that he could once again be an effective pitcher.

And on a side note.... Rothschild, Wood, Prior... y'all gonna bring Rick Sutcliffe out of retirement next? /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif

Sack

LWW
12-15-2010, 03:22 AM
Pitching is so thin that any pitcher who is under 40 and has a history of success within the last 10 years will get a shot from somebody.

Aaron Harang for the last 3 years has been a human BP machine ... and I have no doubt someone will sign him.

I also think a good coach could fix him. Watching tape of him 4 yrs ago and last year, his mechanics are way off.

LWW

eg8r
12-15-2010, 07:52 AM
Bring it!!!!

eg8r

sack316
12-15-2010, 09:02 AM
/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif

Sack