PDA

View Full Version : Earl Strickland's 6th US Open Title

Harold Acosta
09-04-2002, 09:42 PM
[b]Given the facts that Earl is no longer a UPA member, and does not have to abide by their boycott of the Open, it is my opinion that he has a very true and legitimate chance to get his 6th US Open title!

Any opinions?

Voodoo Daddy
09-04-2002, 10:20 PM
From your mouth to gods ears Harold...HAHAHAHAHA! I'll be rooting for Earl and I'll make sure you get a nightly update from our Quad City News Center...C.C. and Karatemom!!!

Go Earl!!!

Wally_in_Cincy
09-05-2002, 06:56 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote: Harold Acosta:</font><hr> [b]Given the facts that Earl is no longer a UPA member, and does not have to abide by their boycott of the Open, it is my opinion that he has a very true and legitimate chance to get his 6th US Open title!

Any opinions?

<hr></blockquote>

I'll be rooting for him. He had the cojones to tell UPA to kiss his rear.

Earl's newest fan,

stickman
09-05-2002, 07:04 AM
Add another fan to Earl's roster. Go Earl!!!

09-05-2002, 01:42 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">In reply to:</font><hr>

Given the facts that Earl is no longer a UPA member, and does not have to abide by their boycott of the Open, it is my opinion that he has a very true and legitimate chance to get his 6th US Open title!

<hr></blockquote>

He had a very true and legitimate chance of getting his 6th US Open title before the boycott.

jjinfla
09-05-2002, 05:47 PM
I'm for Earl all the way too. But Johnny Archer will be there too so it won't be a cakewalk. Jake

Harold Acosta
09-05-2002, 07:00 PM
Yeah, but his chances are better right now. A couple of more days and we will see Strickland with his 6th US Open Title!

Tom_In_Cincy
09-05-2002, 09:40 PM
Even Lorri will be rooting for Earl..

Cueless Joey
09-05-2002, 10:15 PM
If Evander Holyfield beats John Ruiz, does that make him a 5-time heavyweight champion?
Never mind that Lennox Lewis is the real champ.
This year's US Open should have an asterisk to it.
Sad but it's not Earl's fault. I wonder how he'd react if his prize money is reduced after the event.

Voodoo Daddy
09-05-2002, 10:44 PM
An asterisk? Said like a true player {Earl} hater. I suppose it would be different if Earl didnt win? Lennox is a true champ, cant argue there. I wonder how Marris felt about that * thing?...Bet he didnt care much like Earl wont when he snaps another Open title off....HAHAHAHAHAHA!!

09-06-2002, 11:21 PM
That's true! I wonder who else is actually going to the US Open?

Harold Acosta
09-27-2002, 05:48 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote: Harold Acosta:</font><hr> [b]Given the facts that Earl is no longer a UPA member, and does not have to abide by their boycott of the Open, it is my opinion that he has a very true and legitimate chance to get his 6th US Open title!

Any opinions?

<hr></blockquote>

Earl is getting closer and closer, I bet he is feeling "sweet" right now....

Will he make it to the final?

Doomsday Machine
09-27-2002, 06:43 PM
He may have some trouble with Corey, especially if he can't control his temper. The passive,quiet game that Corey plays may actually bother "The Pearl". I am somewhat surprised at all of the top players that are not participating, maybe it is from last year's payout problems. Where are Ortmann, Reyes, Bustamante ???

Troy
09-27-2002, 07:02 PM
I don't know about Ortmann, but you should already know that Reyes and Bustamante are at the Asain Games.

<blockquote><font class="small">Quote: Doomsday Machine:</font><hr> Where are Ortmann, Reyes, Bustamante ??? <hr></blockquote>