PDA

View Full Version : IncrediblyObstructionistPoliticalPosturing

Gayle in MD
12-16-2010, 07:01 AM
Political Posturing? Wasn't that the charge flung at Democratics who were trying to get aid for our first responders, for months?

Now we have Republicans flinging out charges at Harry Reid, by both Kyle and McConnell, questionaing Harry Reid's faith, calling him sacreligious, for making them stay in Washington long enough to pass the Start Treaty? One Republican. Kyle saying it is disrespectful to the Christmas Holliday, another threatening to read every last page, on the floor, to hold it up, blocking an up or down vote, disregarding our National Security, because they want to go home. /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/cry.gif

This Bill is 16 pages long, and has 160 pages of Protocols, has had twenty Senate Hearings, and over a thousand Senate questions, answered, and they have had it for eight months...

As Retired General John Adams stated, "If a hundred and fifty thousand, American troops, can serve over Christmas and New Years, in Iraq, in Afghanistan, and elsewhwere, the least we can ask our Senators to do is sit in the warm Senate Chamber, and discuss and finally vote, up or down, on this Treaty."

But Republicans don't want to work? They want to shop? They want to leave for Christmas, and it's so important that they leave town, they have questioned Harry Reid's faith in Jesus, to justify leaving. Calling the very suggestion, by Reid, that Republicans should stay in Washington, stop blocking it, and vote on this important Treaty, SACRELIGIOUS????

WHAT A TOTAL CRO0CK OF %$&*!

The stalling objections by Republicans have all been rejected overwhelmingly by virtually ALL American national Security Experts!

This treaty, 16 pages, which Republicans have had for eight months, does not affect our development of Misile defense, according to Secretary Gates, as Kyle suggests, the Administration actually included Kyle's recommendation to modernize our Nuclear Arsenal infrastructure, experts in the field, saying it is more than enough money included to do so.

It does NOT "Trade our relationship with Europe, for Russia, as Republicans have accused.

In fact, Senator Voinavich, the country's leading protector of the countries closest to Russia, said yesterday, "Ratify This Treaty, it is in the interest of the countries of Europe" and as well, according to Secretary Gates, and the entire Military Leadership, agrees, including George HW Bush, and all former Secretaries of State.

Signing this Treaty gets American inspectors, boots on the ground in Russia. An effort which Ronald Reagan, negotiated for, himself.

Yet Republicans, are whining about having to stay in their nice warm Senate, long enough to pass this Treaty, while thousands of other Americans work straight up to Christmas Day, during the Hollidays, including our troops, who will surely not be taking off and leaving Afghanistan over a week before Christmas.

This is a National DISGRACE! Political posturing at it's worst. Personally insulting to the current majority Leader, in fact, they truly owe Reid an apology for questionaing his faith.

Shows exactly what total elitists royalty, Republicans think they are.

Sanctimonious PIGS!

REPULSIVE!

Qtec
12-16-2010, 07:08 AM
shame on them (http://billiardsdigest.com/forums/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=329821#Post329821)

Q

Gayle in MD
12-16-2010, 07:18 AM
Excellent Q. Proves how ignorant these folks are, and how repulsive Republicans have been since they lost the majority.

Unprecedented Obstructionism. It's disgusting.

pooltchr
12-16-2010, 08:02 AM
Obstructionism? Is that how you would describe the Democrats who are holding up the tax bill that YOUR president and a group of Republicans agreed was the best bill for the good of the economy? The same bill that will provide a financial cushion for those who have been put out of work by the foolish actions of congress over the last 20 years?

Or is that just political posturing?

You would love to think that your precious Dems are so much better than your hated Republicans, when the truth is, they are no different at all.

Steve

Gayle in MD
12-16-2010, 08:20 AM
Scarborough is calling for an apology to Reid, from DeMint, Kyle, and other Republican statements questioning Reid's faith:

Quote from DeMint:

We shouldn't be jamming a major arms control treaty up against Christmas; It's sacriligious and disrespectful....this is the most sacred holiday for Christians, they did the same thing last year - they kept everybody here until Christmas Eve to force something down everybody's throat. I think Americans are sick of this.

TRANSLATION....Its sacreligious to expect Republoicans to work up until Christmas Eve, LMAO!

REPUBLICANS HAVE THIS FOR EIGHT MONTHS. THEY SIMPLY DON'T WANT TO WORK! THEY PARTICULARLY DO NOT WANT TO PASS THIS IMPORTANT LEGISLATION, WHILE DEMOCRATICS ARE IN THE MAJORITY, HENCE THEY HOLD IT HOSTAGE, POLITICAL POSTURING, IN SPITE OF ITS OBVIOUS IMPORTANCE TO OUR NATIONAL SECURITY.

IN 1997, REPUBLICANS DID THE SAME THING AT EASTER!!!! REFUSED TO LET ANYONE GO UNTIL THE BUDGET CUTS HAD GONE THROUGH....

DEMOCRATICS, HOWEVER, DID NOT ACCUSE ANTYONE OF BEING SACRELIGIOUS!

<span style='font-size: 17pt'>Republicans are sanctimonious PIGS!</span>

eg8r
12-16-2010, 10:09 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">As Retired General John Adams stated, "If a hundred and fifty thousand, American troops, can serve over Christmas and New Years, in Iraq, in Afghanistan, and elsewhwere, the least we can ask our Senators to do is sit in the warm Senate Chamber, and discuss and finally vote, up or down, on this Treaty."

</div></div>I almost agree completely. I don't think this current Congress should vote on anything. America has spoken and has voted out many people. Congress should hold all votes till the new Congress steps in.

eg8r

Gayle in MD
12-17-2010, 07:14 AM
Sack,
Where are you on this???????????????????

sack316
12-17-2010, 11:10 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Gayle in MD</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Sack,
Where are you on this??????????????????? </div></div>

Sorry, guess I either overlooked this or forgot to respond.

I'm with Huckabee on this one. As Christians, though it is a holy holiday, this timeframe is when we are actually supposed to "work" harder than any other time of year (with Christmas day itself and family time being the obvious exception). But up to and including December 24th, and from December 26th up to the new year... suck it up and work and quit whining about it!

They have made no bones about the fact they are trying to "run out the clock until reinforcements arrive"... which is very disappointing. They shouldn't USE Christmas in that way. Not to mention nobody else in the world can show up to work at their job, decide they don't like the crew they are on the schedule with that day, and hence decide they won't do their job until they are with the crew they want. It just doesn't work that way.

IMO, if they want those days off work... then it must be earned. Get in there, reach compromises on what needs to be done... and if it gets done in time THEN you've earned your time off work. If not, then they should be working like everyone else.

Sack

pooltchr
12-17-2010, 11:56 AM
I tend to agree, Sack. Most "regular" Americans work right up to Christmas, unless they use some of their alloted vacation time. And most will be right back at work the day after Christmas, granted with a short week until New Year. We generally don't take off for a few weeks at a time.

Maybe it's time we refigure how we pay our congresspeople. Perhaps they should be paid only for the days they actually show up for a full day's work. Give them a daily rate, rather than an annual salary. (Days off to campaign are also unpaid) Let's start getting our money's worth out of them.

Steve

sack316
12-17-2010, 04:57 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: pooltchr</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I tend to agree, Sack. Most "regular" Americans work right up to Christmas, unless they use some of their alloted vacation time. And most will be right back at work the day after Christmas, granted with a short week until New Year. We generally don't take off for a few weeks at a time.

Maybe it's time we refigure how we pay our congresspeople. Perhaps they should be paid only for the days they actually show up for a full day's work. Give them a daily rate, rather than an annual salary. (Days off to campaign are also unpaid) Let's start getting our money's worth out of them.

Steve </div></div>

Good plan there Steve! I wonder what the average breakdown of pay per hour of work is for them?

Sack

pooltchr
12-17-2010, 05:27 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: sack316</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
I wonder what the average breakdown of pay per hour of work is for them?

Sack </div></div>

I suspect for many of them, it's quite a bit higher than minimum wage!!

I really think paying them based on what they actually do would be a good thing....although many of them would probably opt out if they actually had to work for their paycheck.

Steve

sack316
12-17-2010, 06:11 PM
Well I've seen a few things listed, looks like it's in the ballpark of $165,000-$174,000 per year. I'm not positive, but I think you can make for for certain leadership positions too.

Averaging things out <u>IF</u> they worked 40 hours per week for all 52 weeks of the year, they'd be making around $82/hr. Of course we know they don't actually work nearly that many hours... so the hourly rate is <u>much</u> higher than that.

Sack

eg8r
12-17-2010, 06:38 PM
We should start off having them actually read the bill all by themselves with absolutely zero help from any staffers. Once they complete that, they should be required to write out a quick synopsis of what they just read similar to cliff notes highlighting all the key areas and documenting all the earmarks. In doing this we find out who is actually doing anything and whether they are smart enough to hold the position they are in.

eg8r

sack316
12-17-2010, 06:39 PM
Responsibility AND accountability? Ed, you sir have certainly gone mad!

Sack

eg8r
12-17-2010, 06:41 PM
Hey, if they want to write 2000 page bills then by all means they should have to read them and then tell us in their own words what they mean. If your response is stupid then you don't get paid.

eg8r

sack316
12-17-2010, 06:46 PM
Yep yep. I'd lay odds that most don't make it beyond who introduced it and who co-sponsors it.

Sack