PDA

View Full Version : Tazzy iz great.

cushioncrawler
12-18-2010, 05:25 AM
Me n madSherie are viziting Tazzy-mania for a few weeks -- u karnt drive much further south on earth than that -- its about 12 years south of the mainland -- pooftering iz still illegal, even in private (i think).

Interesting -- the Junee coal mine woz closed for moral reasons -- a world first????
The miners worked underground in the nude -- and pooftering woz rampant!!!!!!
Reminds me of that old type of joke -- Whats black and white and ......... ????
mac.

LWW
12-19-2010, 05:17 AM
Watch out for these guys:

http://www.britannica.com/blogs/wp-content/uploads/2009/04/taz1.gif

http://i248.photobucket.com/albums/gg189/sadisstik/Untitled-1.jpg

LWW

cushioncrawler
12-19-2010, 04:22 PM
I might put a "No Logging of Old Growth Forests" sticker on my front bumper -- and "No Pulp Mill" sticker on my back bumper -- and a "Greens" sticker in my rear window -- and park tween the log-trucks at a pub up in the hills, and share a frothy with the yocals.

Our friend (in the next town) haz had Devils hanging around her place, but i havnt seen one yet, not even az road kill.
We were warned about the road kill in Tazzy -- hundreds -- mainly possums, lots of wallybys, some bandicoots, occassionally a Devil -- we might even see a Tazzy Tiger.
Hell, i wouldnt be surprized if i saw a squashed Brown Trout on the road -- trout here are so big and so plentyfull.

Talking about Tazzy Road kill -- yesterday i saw on the local news that a guy walking home (pissed??) after a party woz run over and killeded koz he woz laying on the road -- we are driving along that stretch today and we will be carefull not to run over one of hiz mates.
mac.

Chopstick
12-20-2010, 07:53 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: cushioncrawler</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I might put a "No Logging of Old Growth Forests" sticker on my front bumper -- and "No Pulp Mill" sticker on my back bumper -- and a "Greens" sticker in my rear window -- and park tween the log-trucks at a pub up in the hills, and share a frothy with the yocals.

Our friend (in the next town) haz had Devils hanging around her place, but i havnt seen one yet, not even az road kill.
We were warned about the road kill in Tazzy -- hundreds -- mainly possums, lots of wallybys, some bandicoots, occassionally a Devil -- we might even see a Tazzy Tiger.
Hell, i wouldnt be surprized if i saw a squashed Brown Trout on the road -- trout here are so big and so plentyfull.

Talking about Tazzy Road kill -- yesterday i saw on the local news that a guy walking home (pissed??) after a party woz run over and killeded koz he woz laying on the road -- we are driving along that stretch today and we will be carefull not to run over one of hiz mates.
mac. </div></div>

A guy I know ran over a big old catfish in the road a year or so ago when the rains came and flooded a bunch of stuff. I saw a show about the Devils this weekend. There has been an epidemic of cancer among them so you might not see one. It is the worlds first form of transmittable cancer. All of the cancers in all of the Devils have the same DNA pattern that does not match their own meaning the cancer originated in one individual and was transmitted to the others. Scary stuff.

cushioncrawler
12-20-2010, 05:09 PM
Yes, i hope they find a cure for Devil cancer. In the meantime i think they are hiding some on islands etc.
If humans get a similar cancer then Hollywood might bekum realLife.
mac.

cushioncrawler
12-20-2010, 05:27 PM
Yesterday we got lost and ended up high in the hills on logtruck-only roads -- luckyly we had a 4-wheel-drive.

madSherie woz looking at the map, and sayd she might be able to guess where we were if only we had a compass. We eventually got out ok. And i found that we had had a compass -- it woz on the camera bag -- silly us.

Now for the really stupid bit. We had a TomTom sat-nav unit in the car -- and didnt remember till we had safely reached the next town.
We had gotten the TomTom from some friends in Tazzy -- it woz still in the box -- they had never uzed it.
madSherie had cranked it up and had had it sitting on dash and working ok on our way south -- but had put it away out of sight during our lunch stop -- and had then forgotten it woz there. Stupid us.
We hav never uzed sat-nav before -- but from now on we will -- that guy doing the talking never made a mistake on our way back -- not that we needed it going back.
mac.

LWW
12-20-2010, 06:35 PM
See if you can change voices on the nav unit?

Ours has an incredibly sexy female British voice. as a choice.

LWW

Qtec
12-20-2010, 06:41 PM
Say hallo to Chopper for me. lol (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7REBlbNISns)

Q

cushioncrawler
12-21-2010, 01:26 AM
Yeah we hav watched videos of "chopper" -- very funny stuff -- might be on youtube i think.
We had the choice of the sheila or the guy on TomTom -- madSherie liked the guy.

I drove into Hobart this arvo and beat Roy (a member) at The Hobart Workers Club 2-1 at snooker -- my best break woz 3 blacks and a brown -- they used to hav lots of 12' tables but now hav only two plus 6 pool tables.
I really only wanted to play English Billiards, but snooker woz better than nothing.

The garden at "home" here iz full of Bumble Bees -- Tazzy haz the only infestation in Ozz -- harmless really -- never seen Bumble Bees before.

Its pretty quiet here -- i am missing my new John Deer zero turn mower (which iz sitting back home at Ballarat) -- i am drinking red and watching usofa Gridiron when not driving in the hills.
mac.