PDA

View Full Version : Headed to the doctors office...

eg8r
12-20-2010, 10:57 AM
Seems I have all the symptoms of meningitis. I sure hope this is just a seriously painful stiff next and ground pounding headache and nothing else.

eg8r

pooltchr
12-20-2010, 11:23 AM
Hope everything turns out ok. At least you know that your president will have all the rest of America helping you with the financial end of things!
/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/wink.gif

Steve

LWW
12-20-2010, 03:07 PM
My prayers are with you Eg.

LWW

eg8r
12-20-2010, 05:38 PM
Thanks for the posts. It turns out that right they think it is just a really bad ear infection that is causing the fever which in turn is causing the headache and stiff neck. The fact that I have not been drinking very much at all has lead to a bit of dehydration which is causing everything stick around a little longer. The part I was not happy about was when she said if it does not get better in a day or two I will have to get a CT scan.

eg8r

LWW
12-20-2010, 06:36 PM
Be very careful ... ear infections can turn to Bell's palsy quickly.

LWW

Qtec
12-20-2010, 06:38 PM
Doesn't sound like a lot of fun but better than having meningitis. 30 yrs ago, a friend of mine went to Spain to work. She caught meningitis and died within a week. She was only 21.

Glad to hear its not too serious. I'm sure your wife must be relieved.

Q...........you need to keep working, the poor need their handouts you know. /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/laugh.gif

Qtec
12-20-2010, 06:40 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: LWW</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Be very careful ... ear infections can turn to Bell's palsy quickly.

LWW </div></div>

You sure know how to cheer a guy up!

Q

eg8r
12-20-2010, 07:14 PM
Holy crap, died within a week. That is scary stuff.

Yes, as painful as it must be living with me she is releived to see it is not that serious. At least we don't think so.

eg8r

eg8r
12-20-2010, 07:15 PM
LOL, no kidding. /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif

Well, I am on my meds and taking it easy. I am sitting here watching Chris Botti talk about his latest CD (watching on computer) while UFC Unleashed is playing on the TV. Kind of strange though, hearing the great Miles Davis standard Flamenco Sketches while watching Anderson Silva choking out Dan Henderson. /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif

eg8r

Qtec
12-20-2010, 07:17 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Yes, as painful as it must be living with me </div></div>

LOL I can imagine. /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/grin.gif

Q........I'm not the easiest to live with either, or so I'm frequently told.............. Women!

Chopstick
12-20-2010, 07:37 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: eg8r</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Thanks for the posts. It turns out that right they think it is just a really bad ear infection that is causing the fever which in turn is causing the headache and stiff neck. The fact that I have not been drinking very much at all has lead to a bit of dehydration which is causing everything stick around a little longer. The part I was not happy about was when she said if it does not get better in a day or two I will have to get a CT scan.

eg8r </div></div>

I was thinking meningitis was unlikely. You get it from mosquitoes near water and not this time of year. Still, with as many people coming through this town from all over the world, there is never any telling what you can catch. I went to the doctor once and they didn't even have a name for it. Just some infection that everyone was getting.

Deeman3
12-20-2010, 07:46 PM
Those transcontinental STD's can be a drag! /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif

sack316
12-20-2010, 09:09 PM
Hope you feel better! I think I've come down with a head cold here... I'm blaming it on all my sick friends and family for putting it in my mind! If it doesn't clear up in a day or two I'll be heading to the doc too, as my sister thought she had a head cold... finally went to the doc and was diagnosed with walking pneumonia!

Odd to me, is that I have a dentist appointment tomorrow. I called them to warn them that I'm sick, and that I'd understand if they wanted me to reschedule. The girl I talk to said "nah don't worry about it... they wear gloves and masks back there so they'll be fine."

I wonder if the receptionist perhaps doesn't like the girl that does my cleanings? /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/wink.gif

Sack

Qtec
12-21-2010, 06:12 AM
Joke.

Guy is involved in a car smash. Wakes up in hospital and cries,

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Doctor Doctor......

Doctor comes, "what's the problem?

Guy, "I can't feel my legs!"

Doctor, "I'm not surprised.........

we had to cut your arms off. "
</div></div>

LOL....Too much? /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/grin.gif

LWW
12-21-2010, 06:22 AM
A blonde goes to the doc and says she hurts all over.

She says "watch this" and touches her knee saying "OW!" ... then her chin "OW!" ... then her foot "OW!" ... and says "See ... I hurt all over."

The doctor diagnoses her as having a broken finger.

LWW

Chopstick
12-21-2010, 06:33 AM
I went to this Dr. Parrot once in Memphis. I told him I was feeling kinda green. He was checking me out asking me questions. he said "been drinking that whiskey?" I said "No." "been smoking that weed?" "No"

"Well, maybe that's what's wrong with you." /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/laugh.gif

True story. He was a crazy old doctor.

eg8r
12-21-2010, 09:34 AM
Thanks for the jokes. /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif

eg8r

LWW
12-21-2010, 04:39 PM
Who told a joke?

LWW

hondo
12-22-2010, 10:03 PM
Just noticed this thread. I wish you the best, Ed.

eg8r
12-23-2010, 09:06 AM
Thanks buddy. I don't know if the Doc got it right or not. I just feel like crap. It seems the only time I really feel like myself is when I am on the ibuprofen.

eg8r