PDA

View Full Version : Laura ``Choke holds`` Vivian`s sharking in USopen

Vagabond
09-05-2002, 07:27 AM
Howdy Folks,
All the warriers have gathered in Albuquerque,New mexico for Women`s Us open in 9 ball.Last night they had Pro-AM.It was a fun filled event with lot of childishness( cat calls, blocking the player,shaknig the`` gifts from the God``,Native Indian sounds for communication and the list goes on.The one I liked most was-Laura Smith Had a choke hold on Vivian( Just like LAPD does)and dragged her away from the table.Inspite of that Vivian continued sharking by wrigling her feet and hands and waving her stick.Ofcourse the whole thing was done to create entertainment( or Freudian slip?).
Ewa Lawrence was sporting Black Leather Pants and inspite of that she looked very CLASSY.Ewa`s pants are little more shineier than Jeanette Lee`s black pants. I liked Sarah Ellerby`s new hair style.
Heard thru the grape wine that WPBA Board has voted to give Two Byes to top 16 seeds.Did I forget to mention that my Diva( Allison Fisher)lost few pounds of weight? By the way Line from Norway looked `cute as a button` in pale sky blue pants and blouse and her friendly demeaner.
I will be looking for some action for `fish heads` or `peanut brittle` in corner pocket today in Albuquerque.That is it for today.Cheers

Vagabond

Wally_in_Cincy
09-05-2002, 09:13 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote: Vagabond:</font><hr> Howdy Folks,
All the warriers have gathered in Albuquerque,New mwxico for Women`s Us open in 9 ball.Last night they had Pro-AM.It was a fun filled event with lot of childishness( cat calls, blocking the player,shaknig the`` gifts from the God``,Native Indiation sounds for communication and the list goes on.the one I liked most was-Laura Smith Had a choke hold on Vivian( Just like LAPD does)and dragged her away from the table.inspite of that Vivian continued sharking by wrigling her feet and hands and waving her stick.Ofcourse the whole thing was done to create entertainment( or Freudian slip?).
Ewa Lawrence was sporting Black Leather Pants and inspite of that she looked very CLASSY.Ewa`s pants little more shineier than Jeanette Lee`s black pants. I liked Sarah Ellerby`s new hair style.
Heard thru the grape wine that WPBA Board has voted to give Two Byes to top 16 seeds.Did I forget to mention that my Diva( Allison Fisher)lost few pounds of weight? By the way Line from Norway looked `cute as a button` in pale sky blue pants and blouse and her friendly demeaner.
I will be looking for some action for `fish heads` or `peanut brittle` in corner pocket today in Albuquerque.That is it for today.Cheers
Vagabond
Vagabond <hr></blockquote>

So you're saying the pro-am is fun? The WPBA stated that it was a "burden" for the top 16 players to participate in the pro-am and then play first-round matches the next day. They probably can have fun now knowing they can sleep in the next day /ccboard/images/icons/laugh.gif.

Have fun Vag and stay outta trouble.

Vagabond
09-05-2002, 09:36 AM
Howdy wally,
I do not see it as stress.They had plenty of time to sleep and run errands. By the way I liked Peg Ledman`s new hair style too.cheers
vagabond

Chris Cass
09-05-2002, 09:43 AM
In Peoria,

I went for an hr to practice with my put togather partner at the local ph. It used to be called RJ's but the new owner is Dave and now it's Dave' ph. After walking in I wasn't sure if I wanted to bring the S.W. in the place. I didn't worry though because my Michigan partner told me he likes fighting better than shooting. OK?

Well, we got a 9ft GC. The cloth was stretched funny and the 860 was dark and light and my partner told me what the deal was. As we practiced a while a woman came in with a couple people. She started shooting next to us.

After a couple of racks I noticed she was hitting them pretty good. I kept looking over and realized I recognized this woman from awhile back. I couldn't quite put my finger on her name. So, I asked if she new Jim Willard?

She said yes. I told her I don't normally speak to women shooting alone but I recognized her from somewhere. I told her my name and asked if she knew me? She told me her name was Laura Smith. I then, told her WOW. I do know you, not personally but in a roundabout way.

I mentioned I was playing in the tourney and told her I was a freind of Fran Crimi'. She was very pleasent and I made the mistake of mentioning it's been so long ago since Willards events. Not implying that she was old or something because she didn't look it at all.

I was on the spot then. I said sure it has been long but I remember you. She said, "your not going to say Veteran, are you?" I said, " No way, I was thinking more seasoned, maybe?" She let me out and said, " good, I simply hate when people call me a Veteran as the other girl too. It seems to lead to has been."

Well, I can tell you this. This woman was no has been. She shot the lights out of them balls. Later that evening I was fortunate to meet Fran and while talking to her back at the event site, Laura was passing by with some friends. I went numb, thinking she would say something and I'd have to admit I used Frans name for clout.

She looked over and said, "hi Chris." It was then, I admitted to Fran what I had done. Fran, didn't hurt me and didn't mind at all. The sweating was over. Laura remembered my name and I only mentioned it once and Fran didn't put me in the hot seat. It was a good night. hahahaha

Regards,

C.C.~~Vaga you rock buddy.

09-05-2002, 11:51 AM
Hey Chris,

I play with Laura in Boulder every so often. I consider her a friend and have great respect for her game and her personality. She shows the hallmarks of a champion: Composure, determination, and most of all...humility. I'm sure that she took no offense to your comments! Say hi to her for me and wish her luck.

Regards,

Doug