PDA

View Full Version : Assange-leaks

sack316
12-21-2010, 10:22 AM
http://www.businessinsider.com/read-julian-assanges-creepy-romantic-emails-2010-12

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Julian Assange, the founder of the world's most notorious secret-sharing operation, has some embarrassing documents in his own past. We've obtained a series of emails detailing his stalkery courtship of a teenager in his pre-Wikileaks days.
</div></div>
/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/blush.gif

Sack

pooltchr
12-21-2010, 11:13 AM
I always thought wiki-leaks was a terrible name....sounds like an incontenence problem!
/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/grin.gif

Steve

sack316
12-21-2010, 11:23 AM
yeah, terrible sounding and terrible in accuracy as well... considering a "wiki" by definition is able to have content added/changed by users who access the site. Which, unless I am mistaken, is not the format of Assange's site. If it were, I'm sure govt's would have bots all over it "fixing" content!

Sack

eg8r
12-21-2010, 11:43 AM
He is the biggest hypocrite of all. Well I guess the same as Obama. Basically the two of them believe everyone but themselves should be transparent. All knowledge accessed by everyone except info about them or their backroom dealings.

eg8r

Qtec
12-21-2010, 08:51 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: sack316</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> http://www.businessinsider.com/read-julian-assanges-creepy-romantic-emails-2010-12

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Julian Assange, the founder of the world's most notorious secret-sharing operation, has some embarrassing documents in his own past. We've obtained a series of emails detailing his stalkery courtship of a teenager in his pre-Wikileaks days.
</div></div>
/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/blush.gif

Sack
</div></div>

This is the Wilson/Plame affair MO all over again. Shoot the messenger. Can't believe that you would buy it.

Q

Qtec
12-21-2010, 09:00 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: eg8r</div><div class="ubbcode-body">He is the biggest hypocrite of all. Well I guess the same as Obama. Basically the two of them believe everyone but themselves should be transparent. All knowledge accessed by everyone except info about them or their backroom dealings.

eg8r </div></div>

There is one BIG difference. Politicians are elected officials paid by the state. They are employed by the people and are subject to over site.

Assange is a private individual who has a right to privacy.

Q....All Assange has done is embarrass them.

Deeman3
12-21-2010, 09:55 PM
Assange would seem to be about as much a private individual. As many of those identified by his disclosures who may be exposed and killed just doing their job on assignments overseas. Open is only a good thing when it fits your political views it seems!

eg8r
12-21-2010, 10:25 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">There is one BIG difference. Politicians are elected officials paid by the state. They are employed by the people and are subject to over site.

</div></div>Basically what I am talking about is asking people to be responsible for what they tell people. Obama has given zero effort to back up anything he said on the stump in reference to a transparent Congress.

Now we have Assange who is saying these stolen documents need to be given to the world to make our Government and its officials transparent so all the world can see what is going on. Right after saying that, he stands before a judge and asks that his whereabouts be kept secret. He tries to hide everything about himself. He tells us that everyone else needs to be transparent except himself.

eg8r

eg8r
12-21-2010, 10:26 PM
Assange does not want to be open about his own personal stuff, just everyone else. LOL, the more we learn about this guy the more we learn that anyone who defends him is just as big a schmuck as Assange is.

eg8r

sack316
12-22-2010, 01:34 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Qtec</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: eg8r</div><div class="ubbcode-body">He is the biggest hypocrite of all. Well I guess the same as Obama. Basically the two of them believe everyone but themselves should be transparent. All knowledge accessed by everyone except info about them or their backroom dealings.

eg8r </div></div>

There is one BIG difference. Politicians are elected officials paid by the state. They are employed by the people and are subject to over site.

Q....All Assange has done is embarrass them. </div></div>

True enough Q, and actually I agree with you 100%.

Difference is, what effects entire "transparency" governments have in relation to one another will ripple through for generations to come.

If Assange dies today, it won't make a whole heap of difference in the long term. And if his creepy stalkerish ways come to light, really what's the big deal to the world as a whole?

Do individuals deserve their right to privacy? Damn right they do!

So governments deserve the same? Well that's up for debate.

But if the whole idea is for the "greater good" as Assange will claim it to be, which is really more important in the grand scheme of things???

Sack

LWW
12-22-2010, 02:30 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Qtec</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Shoot the messenger.

Q </div></div>

You mean like you did with the governor of New Jersey?

LWW

pooltchr
12-22-2010, 07:44 AM
Open is always good, with the exception of when national security is compromised. There is a limit to free speech. Just as you can't yell "fire" in a crowded room because of the potential to cause physical harm to others, you can't publish information that might cause physical harm to others. Disclosing military or security related information does just that.

I do find it odd that anyone can think what this guy has done is ok, yet continue to cry about someone revealing the name of a CIA secretary.

Steve

Chopstick
12-22-2010, 09:24 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: sack316</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
But if the whole idea is for the "greater good" as Assange will claim it to be, which is really more important in the grand scheme of things???

Sack </div></div>

Therein lies the trap. The "greater good". Who appointed him judge of what the greater good should be? Everyone, even guys like Hitler think they are acting for the greater good. Who wakes up in the morning and says I'm going to do some evil today? (Besides myself of course. I sure did some evil yesterday. Can't think of how I will top it today. /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/laugh.gif )

But I digress. When thinking of doing the greater good or just plain good, I have found a stock traders saying that is good to remember.

<span style="color: #000099">Never underestimate how wrong you can be.</span>

cushioncrawler
12-22-2010, 06:26 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Deeman3</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Assange would seem to be about as much a private individual. As many of those identified by his disclosures who may be exposed and killed just doing their job on assignments overseas. Open is only a good thing when it fits your political views it seems!</div></div>Dee -- The main point of wikileaks iz the future. All lies are in the past. Expozing past lies will help stop future lies.
The prezent potential expozure and killing woz started by the many whose job it iz to lie.
Somewhere along the way everything bad iz a lie.
Everything lie iz a bad.

Julian's job here iz to expoze the truth about lies.
All truth iz good.
Thats the truth.
mac.

cushioncrawler
12-22-2010, 06:31 PM
No, God cannot and does not lie. Yes, God lies by proxy; He sends prophets or lying spirits to deceive.

Numbers 23:19
God is not a man, that he should lie; neither the son of man, that he should repent.

1 Samuel 15:29
The Strength of Israel will not lie nor repent.

2 Samuel 7:28
Thou art that God, and thy words be true.

Titus 1:2
In hope of eternal life, which God, that cannot lie, promised before the world began.

Hebrews 6:18
It was impossible for God to lie. 1 Kings 22:23
Now, therefore, behold, the Lord hath put a lying spirit in the mouth of these thy prophets, and the Lord hath spoken evil concerning thee.

2 Chronicles 18:22
Now therefore, behold, the Lord hath put a lying spirit in the mouth of these thy prophets.

Jeremiah 4:10
Ah, Lord GOD! surely thou hast greatly deceived this people.

Jeremiah 20:7
O Lord, thou hast deceived me, and I was deceived.

Ezekiel 14:9
And if a prophet be deceived when he hath spoken a thing, I the Lord have deceived that prophet.

2 Thessalonians 2:11
For this cause God shall send them strong delusion, that they should believe a lie.

cushioncrawler
12-22-2010, 06:35 PM
Exodus 20:16
Thou shalt not bear false witness.

Exodus 23:1
Thou shalt not raise a false report.

Exodus 23:7
Keep thee far from a false matter.

Leviticus 6:2-4
If a soul ... lie unto his neighbour ... or hath deceived his neighbour ... Or have found that which was lost, and lieth concerning it, and sweareth falsely. ... Then ... he shall restore that which he took.

Leviticus 19:11
Neither lie one to another.

Deuteronomy 5:20
Neither shalt thou bear false witness.

Proverbs 12:22
Lying lips are an abomination to the Lord.

Proverbs 13:5
A righteous man hateth lying.

Proverbs 24:28
Be not a witness against thy neighbour without cause; and deceive not with thy lips.

Luke 3:14
Do violence to no man, neither accuse any falsely.

Ephesians 4:25
Wherefore putting away lying, speaking every man truth with his neighbor.

Colossians 3:9
Lie not one to another.

Revelation 21:8
All liars shall have their part in the lake which burneth with fire and brimstone.

Revelation 21:27
And there shall in no wise enter into it any thing that defileth, neither whatsoever worketh abomination, or maketh a lie: but they which are written in the Lamb's book of life.

Qtec
12-23-2010, 01:26 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: pooltchr</div><div class="ubbcode-body">

I do find it odd that anyone can think what this guy has done is ok, yet continue to cry about someone revealing the name of a CIA secretary.

Steve </div></div>

Assange released 250,000 classified documents that expose Govt hypocrisy and lies. He is exposing the truth.

OTOH, The Bush admin released cherry picked parts of a classified document to cover their lies and attack an individual, one of their own. They were being deceptive and misleading. ie not the truth.

See the difference?

Q

sack316
12-23-2010, 08:30 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Qtec</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
Assange released 250,000 classified documents that expose Govt hypocrisy and lies. He is exposing the truth.
</div></div>

250,000 out of the how many he claims to have? Yet he holds the majority of them back for leverage and advertises what he will be releasing in future dates?

That's not being dedicated to exposing the truth... if that's what he were about he's expose all the truth. He's dedicated to attention, fame, and power... no different than those he feels he is exposing.

Sack

eg8r
12-23-2010, 09:15 AM
So the difference you are referencing is espionage (Assange) and holding a grudge (W)?

eg8r

cushioncrawler
12-24-2010, 04:41 AM
madMac iz a Townsville lad like Ass-Angel.
madMac woz born 2nd July -- Ass-Angel born 3rd July.
madMac and madSherie luvv Magnetik Island -- az duz Ass-Angel.
mac.

WikiLeaks.
Assange was born in Townsville, Queensland, and spent much of his youth living on Magnetic Island.[19]

When he was one year old, his mother Christine married theatre director Brett Assange, who gave him his surname.[2][20] Brett and Christine Assange ran a touring theatre company. His stepfather, Julian's first "real dad", described Julian as "a very sharp kid" with "a keen sense of right and wrong". "He always stood up for the underdog... he was always very angry about people ganging up on other people."[20]

In 1979, his mother remarried; her new husband was a musician who belonged to a New Age group led by Anne Hamilton-Byrne. The couple had a son, but broke up in 1982 and engaged in a custody struggle for Assange's half-brother. His mother then took both children into hiding for the next five years. Assange moved several dozen times during his childhood, attending many schools, sometimes being home-schooled.[2]

LWW
12-24-2010, 05:03 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Qtec</div><div class="ubbcode-body">The Bush admin released cherry picked parts of a classified document to cover their lies and attack an individual, one of their own. They were being deceptive and misleading. ie not the truth.

See the difference?

Q

</div></div>

What cherry picked parts did they release?

What were the lies?

Who did they attack?

Who did they deceive?

I've asked these questions before.

LWW

LWW
12-24-2010, 05:05 AM
How about when Christ described Satan as "barak uvamah" in the original Hebrew?

LWW

cushioncrawler
12-24-2010, 05:32 AM
Deskribing barak az satan iz ok.
Satan iz God's right hand man.
Satan iz God's inquizitor -- to help judge who goze to heaven or hell.
Satan iz to rule over hell (ie hell on earth).

Anyone who thinx satan iz a baddy (ie the devil) iz anyone who iz dumb az dogshit -- ie allmost every Godist in the usofa.
mac.

sack316
12-24-2010, 09:47 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: LWW</div><div class="ubbcode-body">How about when Christ described Satan as "barak uvamah" in the original Hebrew?

LWW </div></div>

I've seen this before. The Hebrew Barak and the Arabic Barak/Barack are two very different words, the Arabic form being a variant of the word "Mubarak". These are what are known as "False Friends".

The Hebrew version means lightening, or in the case of Jesus' words "lightening from the heights" (barak uvamah). In Arabic it means Blessed One.

Comparing the two would be like taking the phrase "going on a bender" (going for a long drinking binge) in the US and equating it with the British meaning... "derogatory expression for a gay man, referring to the act of bending over to permit buggery."

When my life is examined, I sure hope such liberties aren't taken with my history as Obama's name has taken... cuz that would change things entirely! /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/wink.gif

Sack

sack316
12-24-2010, 09:48 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: cushioncrawler</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Deskribing barak az satan iz ok.
Satan iz God's right hand man.
Satan iz God's inquizitor -- to help judge who goze to heaven or hell.
Satan iz to rule over hell (ie hell on earth).

Anyone who thinx satan iz a baddy (ie the devil) iz anyone who iz dumb az dogshit -- ie allmost every Godist in the usofa.
mac. </div></div>

Every time I meet a girl and she says she is an angel, I always remind her that so is Satan /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif

Sack